BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can we not get Sparky out of Bradford for Christ's sake...? He's used to managing under dodgy owners after that Thai nut bag at citeh. 

He'd get us up and instill a bit of bollocks into them.

Puzzler isn't it,your left asking how the hell did it go so wrong for him?.

As so many have found on leaving Ewood..the Grass is not greener on the other side.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can we not get Sparky out of Bradford for Christ's sake...? He's used to managing under dodgy owners after that Thai nut bag at citeh. 

I’d love Sparky, but I get a slightly anxious feeling that it will end up like when we have a few players come back after a great first spell. Roque and Bentley spring to mind(of course there have been players that have done well second spell..). Sometimes it feels like it slightly tarnishes the good memories of them? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

big part of me would love Hughes back, but I think unless he has Bowen and the key members of his original coaching team with him you only get half the package, Also get the feeling that his contacts and player knowledge within the game are very out of date

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He should have been a shoe in in the past when there was a bit more budget and a few more experienced players.

Not sure how he'd handle a squad of young guys though and integrate others i think he more prefers the ready made players.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

And to think back to a time when we didn't have a pot to piss in during the 70s and 80s...the care,respect and due diligence shown by the Board back then was tremendous,we watched as all the other local Clubs fell into Div4 but Rovers always kept their proud Head above Water

Local Businessmen who were also staunch supporters who cared deeply for the Club,it's loyal fans and it's traditions...much respect.

Yep ..all 7000 of us ..i remember it well!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Yep ..all 7000 of us ..i remember it well!

remember when they used to announce the attendance  and it was obvious that it was far higher than what was stated,sure bill fox used to fiddle the official number to hoodwink the tax office😃

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

remember when they used to announce the attendance  and it was obvious that it was far higher than what was stated,sure bill fox used to fiddle the official number to hoodwink the tax office😃

Im damn sure ...😂

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The point is that the fact that Mowbray's departure has yet to be announced and that Mowbray has said that he has not even spoke to Venkys yet but that they intend to call him this week proves that the search for a successor is not the proactive and thoroughly planned one with numerous candidates going through interviews that you seem to (against all logic and recent history) seems to have deluded yourself into thinking is happening.

The transfer budget I am sure will be minimal and the loan market will be once again critical in cobbling together a squad for next season.

You are obsess with us announcing Mowbray's departure! He has said he going. Surely you should be more interesting in making the right appointment. 

Who knows where we are up in the search for his replacement and Maybe you are in for a surprise and the interview process and management appointment will be done within the next 2 to 3 weeks time. We will see then. If I am wrong then please feel free to quote this post to me. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Wouldn't it be nice to think a replacement for Waggott is working quietly behind the scenes 

Lets hope he is doing this and we can conduct the interview process and made the appointment within the next 2 to 3 weeks. 

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

He did what ever was needed because he and the board love the club just as much as the rest of us, not like is shower off shit!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Job is too big for him and he comes across very dour in interviews and he is no name in football, Dundee Utd aren’t exactly setting the heather on fire , avoid please 

That sounds like Alex Ferguson when he was potted by St Mirren and went to Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's clear that MK Dons have far more talented players - I'd love to see their respective budgets. 

id`e like to have scott twine here,he`s the only one on the pitch who looks like he can play at a higher level,ainsworth has moulded wycombe into a combative side though,always a good sign for a decent manager,especially as there is unlikely to be much money to spend at wycombe

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Depends how long it will take to find a sucker who will work for £500-750k a year.

K. I'll do it..

29 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e like to have scott twine here,he`s the only one on the pitch who looks like he can play at a higher level,ainsworth has moulded wycombe into a combative side though,always a good sign for a decent manager,especially as there is unlikely to be much money to spend at wycombe

We know that's not true - the Championship is nothing special.

Wycombe are drilled to within an inch of their life. It would be a shock to the system to our players if Ainsworth signs (he won't). 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are obsess with us announcing Mowbray's departure! He has said he going. Surely you should be more interesting in making the right appointment. 

Reading his latest interview - what frightens me is he is still open to staying, providing he gets funds.

When does his contract actually finish ?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Reading his latest interview - what frightens me is he is still open to staying, providing he gets funds.

When does his contract actually finish ?

End of June, but he said this was last game here. 

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

nice to see our new manager looking so happy😊well done wycombe

Passionate behind Wycombe good to hear. Dedicated to his football team. 

Blackburn accent!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We know that's not true - the Championship is nothing special.

Wycombe are drilled to within an inch of their life. It would be a shock to the system to our players if Ainsworth signs (he won't). 

He can't take the Blackburn job as he is too busy holding hostages in the Nakatomi Plaza