BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

3 hours ago, DingleDestroyer said:

@glen9mullanThe rumours atm all seem to suggest that the managerial search has only just begun, with shortlists being drafted up and interviews soon to be scheduled. Whilst this wouldn't be surprising, given there is still no official statement about TM, you said you heard Farke was in the picture back in March. This goes against the current consensus as it suggests there HAS been some planning going on behind the scenes, albeit perhaps w/o any of the boards involvement.

Do you believe, as the reports suggest , we are playing catch-up again or do you think an appointment is imminent? 

I stand by what i stated, i actually put it on here in march, and dont read the papers too much.

Once they have a credible source from the decision makers, i may read the papers!!!!

Farke is number 1 target, and i have heard nothing to suggest otherwise.

Nixon has had some grief, but is actually on the money with his first report.

Re other candidates, do you think Waggott will be here July???

Anyway, won't be commenting any further, as its really not worth the effort

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 5

Quite interested to see the outcome of this managerial appointment. I have to say regardless of all the grief that Mowbray got he has overall done a very decent job. I am sad to see him go in a lot of ways as he has been the main part of a lot of things that were good for us the last couple of years. 

I think we do look like quite an attractive proposal when i see the team we have lined up for next year. Yes we need to get the recruitment right but a lot of the core of the team is strong (especially if we keep Lenihan and Nyambe). I would be curious to know should they resign how many other clubs can compete with us with regards to the amount of academy players that have made it through to the first team because if i add up correctly we could potentially be fielding Carter, Lenihan, Wharton, Nyambe, Travis, JRC, Dolan (counting him! hahaha), Buckley all within the same team. 

With regards to managerial appointments Carvahal i would not go anywhere near I think he is past it unfortunately. Farke i think would be the correct one he has a track record of developing young players are Norwich so he would be an upgrade. If it falls through on him I honestly do not know who would get me excited or who i believe would be good enough to get us to move forward. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DingleDestroyer said:

No way, Mowbray is gone! Why do you think he is lashing out? Venky's grow distant and cold when they want to send a message. If they wanted Mowbray to stay, a contract would have been done months ago.

Worst case scenario no groundwork in recruiting Mowbray's successor has been done , but TM is gone.

If Farke was being "lined up" in all the way back in March, is it not possible we could see *someone* appointed this week? 

I don't see why Venky's would have been lining up a new manager in March when we were 3rd or 4th in the table.

Venky's like to do contract business face to face in India. Why would Mowbray expect anything different this year - he knew a summer visit was lined up. All he had to do was keep quiet and turn up in Pune to rubber stamp everything. That may still happen.

If Mowbray has decided to leave then fair enough but Venky's will be totally unprepaired and this will drag on and on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I don't see why Venky's would have been lining up a new manager in March when we were 3rd or 4th in the table.

Venky's like to do contract business face to face in India. Why would Mowbray expect anything different this year - he knew a summer visit was lined up. All he had to do was keep quiet and turn up in Pune to rubber stamp everything. That may still happen.

If Mowbray has decided to leave then fair enough but Venky's will be totally unprepaired and this will drag on and on.

I think that's fairly spot on.

I can't see why either party would have wanted to discuss Mowbray's situation until our fate was confirmed. 

However once Mowbray had his little outburst before the Bournemouth game I thought "Well if they want him to go  they'll have to issue the bog standard statement now."

Nothing was forthcoming and I thought "Hopefully it's because of Bank Holiday weekend".

Unfortunately however nothing whatsoever has happened after that so the only logical conclusion to be drawn is that either he caught them on the hop by steaming in first in public on the issue  and they either haven't a clue what to do next,or, are still hopeful of persuading him to stay.

Mowbray has always left plenty of room for ambiguity as well with everything he's said so I don't think he's anywhere near as set on departing as for example chaddy makes out. (No offence chaddy).

All that said I hope beyond hope I'm completely wrong and Glen is spot on and Farke will be confirmed in a few days. Can't see it as things stand though sadly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DingleDestroyer said:

Mowbray has not all of a sudden 'decided to leave' he has known he was no longer wanted for some time. If it was business as usual like you say (no communication and then face to face in summer) why did TM come out publically and say he knew that a contract was unlikely months ago? In fact why bother making any of this drama if it is always resolved with a summer meeting?

He is gone. He has known it for ages.

That's not even taking into account, people who have been told it was his last year, MONTHS ago.

I understand why you're sceptical,  venkys have never been known to be proactive. But for once, I think they might suprise us.

If there is still no announcement after another week or two , i will be worried. TM is gone tho regardless.

It was allegedly common knowledge within the Club he was gone at the end of the campaign well before the end of last season. The team performed (or rather didn't perform) accordingly and Mowbray stropped accordingly.

Something seemingly went wrong with the target or targets they were after then and here Mowbray still is.

We also had the scenario a few years ago where Warnock was more or less done and dusted then the representatives of Coyle steamed in with a much cheaper offer and we know how that panned out.

I have little doubt that Mowbray is primarily angling for a new deal or if one is still not forthcoming, at worst  he's trying to stage manage the situation and  make it look like he jumped rather than being pushed.

Given what has happened previously though and given the Club's previous record and their inexplicable reluctance to confirm Mowbray's departure now, I won't be celebrating until he's physically out of the building.

• Like 1

Not sure how many saw it but back when we were up there still I believe I predicted this whole thing, including ToMo getting a new deal.

If he does actually go rest assured nothing happens on the manager front until close to season start.  It's the Venky way.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

It's borderline impossible to think that Venkys didn't know about Mowbrays impending exit and therefore should have a plan in place BUT a huge part of me thinks they just expected Mowbray to sign on again in a couple of weeks and that'll be that.

In fairness to Mowbray, he's tried at least, to force Venkys hand one way or another by going public with it. It's backfired somewhat on him as they didnt pick up the phone like he expected them too. 

Now, I have no idea what the plan is but you can be sure that there will be little urgency coming from India, it's horrendous, torture for the fans that they care so little for the club.

No, that can’t be the case. They’re successful at business and Mowbray last extended his contract in November 2018. 

Hoping they have their talk this week, followed by an announcement and the hiring of a new manager well before June. 

Just looking at some rank outsiders on Skybet … Kenny Jackett  Callum Davidson Steven Reid Paul Warne Ryan Lowe  wouldn’t surprise me if our next manager came from that lot 

I think it's as simple as Venkys working to a different timescale to the football world and are probably very confused what all the fuss is about. I'm certain in their eyes Mowbray has a contract until the end of June, so why the rush. That's the deadline they are working to rather than the end of the season and now they've had to look for a spot in their calendars which suits all so they can schedule in a chat with him. Urgency is not a word which registers with our owners. Aside from agents taking advantage of them in the early days it's one of the biggest things holding the club back.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, AJW said:

Just looking at some rank outsiders on Skybet … Kenny Jackett  Callum Davidson Steven Reid Paul Warne Ryan Lowe  wouldn’t surprise me if our next manager came from that lot 

Why Ryan Lowe , can't see that happening ...

It will be someone unemployed..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I think it's as simple as Venkys working to a different timescale to the football world and are probably very confused what all the fuss is about. I'm certain in their eyes Mowbray has a contract until the end of June, so why the rush. That's the deadline they are working to rather than the end of the season and now they've had to look for a spot in their calendars which suits all so they can schedule in a chat with him. Urgency is not a word which registers with our owners. Aside from agents taking advantage of them in the early days it's one of the biggest things holding the club back.

We are just part of their chicken killing empire and Mowbrat just a factory manager.

Not that important in their greater scheme of things.

'Mowbrat' was originally a typo but I like it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

No club statement.

Regardless of thoughts on Mowbray, it is disrespectful to him after 5 years.

Disrespectful to all Rovers fans, especially those they want to buy STs.

Waggott must be embarrassed in the public role of CEO, knowing he is not allowed to make any comment until Suhail passes down the Venky script.

This has proven once again how completely broken our club is under these discusting owners.

As Shabby as it gets and set to get even worse as the summer rumbles on.

Venkys Out !

I actually don't think they will be surprised, nobody should be. We've had years of this shite! These guys knew who they were working for. It doesn't make it acceptable but being surprised at being treated shockingly by the owners is like being surprised your pet lion bit you.

• Like 7

• Backroom
1 hour ago, AJW said:

Honestly, I know we could do better, but wouldn't be UNHAPPY with any of those.

1 hour ago, AJW said:

30-1  and cheaper than Mowbray or any of the others mentioned then yes that's the list.

Just needs the ones prepared to sign with the smog agency outfit and they are in.

44 minutes ago, cesus said:

I actually don't think they will be surprised, nobody should be. We've had years of this shite! These guys knew who they were working for. It doesn't make it acceptable but being surprised at being treated shockingly by the owners is like being surprised your pet lion bit you.

The only thing surprising is the sudden fake outrage of Mowbray when there is no contract on offer.  After years of being happy with it all when there was one.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Ryan Lowe - he's only just started at PNE, not going anywhere (although I think he's probably the best of the bunch)

Callum Davidson - his stock was very high last season after winning both cups, but they've had a poor season this year

Paul Warne - Done a decent job at Rotherham, but doesn't fill me with any excitement

Steven Reid - Saw he'd been linked with the Wimbledon job the other day (I think), but no experience. Avoid.

Kenny Jackett - Not the worst option, although his last job at Leyton Orient wasn't his best.

• Like 1

Basically he forgets what he said a couple of sentences before ...... and just cannot shut up.

LT: Rovers are set to confirm Mowbray’s impending departure to draw a line under what has become a drawn out process ever since he confirmed he would leave at the end of his contract last month. (I assume that is just the usual bad LT wording)

Mowbray: “They haven’t asked me for an opinion on the next manager, so I would never offer it, other than surreptitiously in these chats and people will either pick it up, or they won’t.''....... “I will write them an email and I’ve started writing something that I haven’t sent yet''

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20126327.tony-mowbray-faith-blackburn-rovers-new-manager-search/

Shock News - Mowbray can do email!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3