BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

42 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Hats off to QPR and PNE in taking a risk by appointing younger, up and coming managers.

There'll be a buzz around PNE this season. 10k sold, and in Ryan Lowe, a manager to get behind.

Benni is young and charismatic 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Now the big hitters are moving on I think I'd much prefer to go for the young up an coming manager than the more experienced yet hasn't done anything for 5+ years manager who will most likely appoint now. 

I'd accept Ainsworth but I'm quite intrigued by Manning at Mk Don's.

If we end up with Pardew I might try to get a refund on my season ticket and go match by match.

I think if you wanted to go for up and coming head coach then Liam Manning is the obvious and clear choice. Would we pay compo I don't know tbh. Other than if you looking out of work head coaches/managers then I think Rovers will look to be appoint someone like Phillip Cocu, Jonathon Woodgate, Mark Warburton, Stuart Pearce, Xisco Munoz, David Wagner. I do feel Rovers will appoint someone who hasn't been really linked or at all with the job. There hasn't been alot of rumours in the past 48 hours so It appears that our search is in private domain and nothing is leaking on who has made the second interview stage. 

11 hours ago, Madon said:

I've got an inkling we haven't heard the last of Benni McCarthy. 👀

Lets hope he not coming in as fitness coach then? 🤣

10 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nothing against the guy but I'd be less worried if we were bringing him in as a Brererton replacement rather than manager.

If he is sold then we need to bring a pacey striker and left winger to replace as part of the 6 signings I think we need. But I would give Jack Vale a chance of being part of this coming season squad. 

15 hours ago, unleaded said:

CC was willing to take a finical hit but not work with coaching staff he doesn’t know or trust ….He was Told a few days but he heard nothing so moved on …….

So Venkies remain loyal to underperforming staff rather than hire a proven winner, bloody typical Venkies.  When will it sink in they are stepping iver dollars to pick up nickles.  Idiots. How on earth do they stay in business.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I suppose the club is now closed until Monday.

Another Roy Keane moment? Leave it in the in-tray and we'll deal with it after the weekend. It's how incompetent and lazy managements operate

The seeming lack of urgency is worrying. Let's hope something is sorted before the season kicks off in August

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

I firmly believe that one day this club will end up with local owners supported by fan involvement at the top table, until then we have to suffer this orchestrated decline and continued dumbing down at all levels.

The reason I mentioned this is because I believe Ainsworth would be perfect to come in when that day comes, right now he’ll achieve nothing, he’ll soil his reputation, never to return.

The next appointment is now irrelevant for me after our ambition has been exposed, cheap and cheerful yes man incoming.

Venkys Out is the only way this football club moves forward. 

Totally agree in the main.

Although, the next appointment - and any subsequent ones - are relevant IMO.

In spite of the Venkys, there are still football matches to win, after all.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

No, and as genuinely frustrating for us as fans that’s the way it should be until it’s announced

Well no not really the odd update from the supposed CEO is the least we should expect.

They can't name names but they could rule a few out and give an idea if they have a target in mind.  And how that's going in terms of progress but like i said they revel in the circus of it because daft unatainable names get linked by people who haven't a clue.

Good PR for the club to be linked but only builds anger and disappointment among the fanbase as these names drop off radar one by one.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Well no not really the odd update from the supposed CEO is the least we should expect.

They can't name names but they could rule a few out and give an idea if they have a target in mind.  And how that's going in terms of progress but like i said they revel in the circus of it because daft unatainable names get linked by people who haven't a clue.

Good PR for the club to be linked but only builds anger and disappointment among the fanbase as these names drop off radar one by one.

Bit like when the CEO (and whole club) went in to radio silence for months after March 2020. 

Fair enough for those furloughed, but not a peep out of the supposed senior executive down there? (Well until he emerged from his bunker with plans to flatten Brockhall).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gav said:

I firmly believe that one day this club will end up with local owners supported by fan involvement at the top table, until then we have to suffer this orchestrated decline and continued dumbing down at all levels.

The reason I mentioned this is because I believe Ainsworth would be perfect to come in when that day comes, right now he’ll achieve nothing, he’ll soil his reputation, never to return.

The next appointment is now irrelevant for me after our ambition has been exposed, cheap and cheerful yes man incoming.

Venkys Out is the only way this football club moves forward. 

I think once we hit the levels of Bolton, and some other clubs that have been financially rocked, then we can rebuild. I was thinking the other day, maybe our only hope is going into adminstration, and finding a clued up set of owners or owner. 

I know, it's not something we want to see happen, but I don't think we can continue to carry on with Venkys, irrespective whether they are paying the bills, pumping in money left right and centre. I think the fact that they believe they are doing us a favour, is somehow complicating matters more and more. Uncle Jack never allowed himself to get in the way of management and the players, except to make things as easy and comfortable for everybody around the club. 

There is just this uneasy, amateurish behaviour across the club at the top level, where it's now basically nothing more than a joke. I'm surprised anybody is interested in managing this club, except for financial gains for a few years. The manager we bring in, will he care about results, will he care about the fans? Something has to give again, because I really can't see how this is going to end well.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Meanwhile, two players who are worth a good few million between them are on the verge of leaving for nothing. We may as well have stumped up for Carvalhal and his team because we'd have clawed that money back just by not losing these two players.

How much longer are Nyambe and Lenihan going to wait? They'll have plenty of suitors.

This is it in a nutshell. 

For all the wailing about no money and FFP the cash saved by keeping Lenihan and Nyambe, which it seems is much more likely with an ambitious appointment, outstrips the cost of a contract for Carvalhal and his coaching staff.

They just don't seem to even contemplate this at Ewood or the local media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ainsworth would actually be a bloody good option imo.

Behind only Dyche and Farke in the pecking order for me.

Critchley would also be good I would have been OK (ish) with Carvahal, no-one else mentioned so far really floats my boat, their only asset being they're not Mowbray.

(Pardew apart who would be Mowbray Mark 2)

I agree. Ainsworth was in my top few from the start. I’m sure he would love to manage rovers. But work for venkys…….

What chance has this club got when the one unsackable staff member is Pongo Lowe. Only the desperate and cheap will rock up while he is literally stinking the place out, he is the cockroach that survives the apocalypse.

What a clusterfuck......

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

What chance has this club got when the one unsackable staff member is Pongo Lowe. Only the desperate and cheap will rock up while he is literally stinking the place out, he is the cockroach that survives the apocalypse.

What a clusterfuck......

C6nts attract c6nts. Venkys deserve everything they get with all the leeches floating around waiting for their chance to suck them dry. The problem is we the fans don't deserve this shit. It's so utterly hateful from top to bottom.

• Like 1

It’s absolutely non sensical, just a cheap, ten a penny bib and cone man. Why hold back the future development and potential financial transformation of the club over such a low level employee?

A very strange football club.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LDRover said:

What a clusterfuck......

Steve Kean all over again? 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not convinced that he's any more than a conduit tbh. Eyes and ears on the ground, former driver apparently.

If I'm wrong on that, I apologise.

I don't know for sure but people closer to the organisation than me (who don't post on here) tell me he is second in the chain of command after the owners. I think Mowbray inadvertently confirmed this when he said he hadn't spoken direct to the owners for a considerable time but he had spoken to Pasha regularly. I'm also told that he is paid directly by Venkys.

And we haven't even heard his voice.

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Sharpe's latest article suggests Lowe, Benson, and Johnson are all staying. That basically means a new manager can bring in an assistant, but that's about it. In other words, we probably aren't going to get a manager of a high calibre.

No wonder we're having a long and drawn-out interview process. Rovers are looking for somebody to basically "slot in" to our current circumstances.

It'll be Grayson.

It’ll be somebody desperate to get a job, that’s for sure. Why else would you accept Lowe as your first team coach ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Sharpe's latest article suggests Lowe, Benson, and Johnson are all staying. That basically means a new manager can bring in an assistant, but that's about it. In other words, we probably aren't going to get a manager of a high calibre.

No wonder we're having a long and drawn-out interview process. Rovers are looking for somebody to basically "slot in" to our current circumstances.

It'll be Grayson.

The process isn't to get the best manager possible.

It might be to get the best possible according to warped requirements e.g. development of kids, within our strict financial and practical parameters, but unfortunately that means nobody decent is coming.

Our process means sifting out those interested but incompatible with our existing coaching staff or self imposed financial restrictions. Not easy when lots of good managers would want to come to a club of this size and stature, but this lot will manage it and find someone absolutely unacceptable 

• Like 1