BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

26 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

You have to laugh or you would cry…..

We’ve gone from Farke, Benitez, Wenger and Carvahal…..to Ainsworth, Unsworth and Ferguson. We’re now on Benni Mac, Pardew and Lowe.

Still time for Judan Ali.

Oh Rovers.

That's unfair on Ainsworth to lump him in with Ferguson and Unsworth - he's at least achieved something in management. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, pomster said:

Would they pay for Ainsworth though?

If he agrees to work with the existing back room staff I’d imagine so. Can’t be too expensive, he’ll be on a L1 salary.

3 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Just find it utterly bizarre and mind boggling that owners who constantly fund the club to the tune of £20m - £30m a season are unwilling , it seems, to pay a relatively small amount of compensation to either pay off the current staff or for an in work manager. Can’t get my head round it

Especially considering that one promotion to the PL would wipe out all of the debt they've built up.

It's maddening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Lowe and Suhail get on well. Some would say he’s Suhail’s eyes and ears at Brockhall. 

Let him continue to be so - as the Chief Cone Officer.

Just don't restrict the new Manager from bringing in his own staff. It's really not that hard. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hedging what bets? 

What other options are there out there then if you think that list is dross given what we know is that we want a out of work head coach and someone who will work with some of the existing staff? 

Johnson works with players one on one and shows them clips and replays on what they should have done in those specific situations. 

Do you not watch the work ups before games? Cos Lowe is bloody awful. 

Thats the point, under our shit owners we are only after the desperate. 

Im guessing that you wouldnt be happy with Pearce, Cocu or Woodgate for example? Mowbray would be better which tells you everything.

6 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I think our last hope of anyone decent being employed is probably Critchley or Ainsworth. Neither of them are established enough to demand more than what they'll get from Venkys as owners.. well not to start with anyway, give it a few months and they could quite easily fuck it off. 

Not a prayer,we will not pay compensation

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well, (clutching at straws) if Sharpe is to be believed we're down to a shortlist of 3 and if Sky Bet are to be believed there are currently only 3 serious contenders:

Ferguson, Ainsworth and Farke.

(Tin hat on)

IF that were true, (which I don't really believe it is) that wouldn't be a bad final shortlist imo.

There is no sign of any of those 3 in fact 2 of them have said so.

The 3 contenders are likely to be

Lowe, Benson & Johnson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Just been having a look at Lowe's coaching history.

A summary:

Lowe began his coaching career in 2002 at Wigan under Paul Jewell. He then followed Jewell to Derby in 2007 where he became the Head of Youth Academy.

Incidentally, Paul Jewell is a client of HSH.

Lowe leaves Derby in 2009 and does some part time work for Man United at one of their Soccer Schools.

In August 2010 Lowe joins the backroom team at Tranmere Rovers.

10 months later, Lowe is appointed as a Head of Youth coach at Rovers in June 2011, during the height of the SEM/Kentaro shit show.

Lowe has remained in place for 11 years despite a number of managerial changes. Now we are hearing how, apparently, the owners aren't willing to replace him and the other staff, meaning they will be foisted on the new manager.

Carvalhal is sat before you yet you piss him around by telling him he has to work with Lowe. Seriously? No proper manager will accept this crap.

Lowe isn't some kind of top class coach that can't be replaced, in my opinion.

I'm also not liking the pals talk mentioned in the posts above. Consider the connections for a minute and where this all could possibly lead back to.

I heard on good authority that during his time working with the youths, he was sacked and he went running to India and was reinstated! He is unsackable.

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Haven't read the thread today but it appears from the most recent posts that we are down to the dregs?

Dregs is harsh, but at this point Jim, you’re as good as any of the other options. 

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, whalleyrover said:

I heard on good authority that during his time working with the youths, he was sacked and he went running to India and was reinstated! He is unsackable.

So Steve Kean? 

1 hour ago, adopted scouser said:

No not at all, he did a great job as a caretaker manager for Everton. He is relatively young at  50, and has that air of aggression about him. We could end up with another Sparky side that people don’t wanna play

Sparkys special weapon at the time was his coaching team though, they dragged our coaching and training methods into the 21st century and had the players so fit, motivated and prepared that they could hold their own against anybody. 

(obviously as well as have a first team core of top international players at the peak of their careers)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 4

It sounds to me, that any decent candidate who could’ve come in and had a chance for success, and at his own reasonable terms, was shot down (Maybe they got the sense there was no money to work with, so why bother?)

The players have to be aware of this, and wagging their heads. I am no prophet,  but considering the last 12 years, there is not a chance we promote anytime soon. I’m not even sure we stay in the Championship after the upcoming season. 

• Like 2