BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

I was in bed then, but fair enough 🙂 The point remains the same, ie there must have been some reason for the shortening price.

Let us all know if any of the half dozen journos you’ve asked on Twitter if we’ve approached Rotherham get back to you.

Agreed. 

None of the 5 have got back to me so that would say they don't know 

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

On reflection I wouldn't be either thrilled or dismayed with Warne before a ball is kicked. I'd have to give him a chance and see how he went on.

My concerns would be his previous record at Championship level (albeit at Rotherham) and whether he is a big enough draw to entice Lenihan and Nyambe to sign. 

On the flip side, at least he isn't Mowbray and if he appears to treat the role of manager of Blackburn Rovers as a little more of a privilege and a little less of a chore like Mowbray used to do he'll have my backing until proven otherwise.

I wonder if he'll commute from Rotherham and complain about missing his family.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

our wonderful local newspaper on the ball as usual with the "breaking news"🙄

They've only just caught up with Ancelotti endorsing Ferguson and that happened round about the same time as the Great Fire of London.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Sharpe is basically a club employee at this point.

Sharpe is a very poor journalist. He regurgitates non news story’s and proberly gets his ITK from this site. Much preferred the Andy Cryer days, least he had balls.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, bazza said:

One thing I know is for certain in this messed-up affair.

When the new manager is announced, I (and probably a lot of you) will be completely underwhelmed.

Isn't that always the case with this clueless bunch? 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Better than getting an unemployed manager off the scrapheap though?

(Like Mowbray)

Like Shaun Dyche you mean? An unemployed manager on the scrap heap you were championing Rev?

Billionaire owners don’t forget, they have to get one right you said? 

Now you seem happy with Rotherham’s manager?

Has the penny dropped. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I wonder if he'll commute from Rotherham and complain about missing his family.

It’s ok, his family will be able to see the ball when the defenders hoof it to the attackers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That is what has been reported by 3 different journalists. So no other names? So if the strict parameters wasn't what has been promote then who would you go for?

Christiansen averaged 1.51 points per game at Leeds, plus he has good/decent record at 2 other European clubs. Plus international experience. Leeds record 35 games, 15 won, 6 draw and 14 lose. 

I'm answered that question in my post above. 

Not sure, Dyche would be ideal but under Venkys is obviously unrealistic as it seemed unfortunately that Wagner and Carvalhal were.

Failing that, I would take Wagner, Jokanovic, Bilic but ultimately I dont have the knowledge of other leagues especially abroad but it might take a bit of creativity. Some of the names you mentioned are appalling, much worse than Mowbray. We shouldnt be only considering out of contract managers and Championship experience is meaningless, Coyle has loads more than Pep, only matters if it leads to success and in your list it hasnt.

You didnt say if you would take any/all of them, you are speaking in riddles again and avoiding questions but I presume you think that all would be upgrades.

2 hours ago, Craigman said:

I’m going for Mark Robins. Follow Tony from Coventry to Blackburn. Certain agents client. 

Wouldn't mind Robins but not sure i'd be paying big compen for him. Also it's nailed on the usual influencers remain if we went down that route.

• Like 1

If we really are chasing pound shop 3rd Division managers,

Please can nobody start talking crap about promotion.

Please can we not waste anymore time talking to these 4 walls about poor attendances and awful ST sales. They will have answered this question emphatically with the quality of their appointment.

Please can we not discuss and argue endlessly, if the new man is better or worse than Mowbray or Coyle or Bowyer. Mowbray was utter dog shit. We deserve and expect much better.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Appoint small time managers get small time results 

give him a chance before you start berating him,the only way we are going to get a souness type appointment ever again is if the indians **** off,id`e gladly take administration if it meant getting rid off them,but until then give our new manager a chance

• Like 3

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

give him a chance before you start berating him,the only way we are going to get a souness type appointment ever again is if the indians **** off,id`e gladly take administration if it meant getting rid off them,but until then give our new manager a chance

Don't think the Indians have heard about Warne... .more Waggot and agents doing the rounds..

• Like 2