BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Its surely just people getting value not only for their money but going to the time of going to Ewood every week. Not everyone should or will feel obliged to attend regardless, and of course no one knows how any new manager would do, we could appoint a real no hoper who surprises us all or equally a big name who fails. But you can make a reasonable guess a lot of the time as to how you expect the season MIGHT go. Totally get the point about believing rumours and I havent got excited/angry about any potential "appointment" as no one seems to know.

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

I asked around, got brief respons. But if Ainsworth is the last man standing, Deila probably isn't an option then.

Around where sorry?

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its surely just people getting value not only for their money but going to the time of going to Ewood every week. Not everyone should or will feel obliged to attend regardless, and of course no one knows how any new manager would do, we could appoint a real no hoper who surprises us all or equally a big name who fails. But you can make a reasonable guess a lot of the time as to how you expect the season MIGHT go. Totally get the point about believing rumours and I havent got excited/angry about any potential "appointment" as no one seems to know.

Around where sorry?

A norwegian guy that works within football.

Edited by Swanson

18 minutes ago, Butty said:
26 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

I hope you’ve spelt the name correctly, as I’m not sure Delia would bring much to the club other than her recipe for Lemon Drizzle cake.

Lets be having ya! About time a good bit of grub was available on the old concourse. 

Farke, Manning, Warne, Hughton, Shakespeare, Alex Neil and now Delia, far too many Norwich links for my liking.. 

Edited by Tricky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, phili said:

Yep but the flip side is the lower the loss the more attractive we are to investors when they decide to sell up

They won't though that's the problem they seem happy to lose 10/20 million per season off their books.

Trouble is theirs only a million or two out of that which is actually available to try and improve the team.

Doesn't bother them it looks like it serves a purpose but the club itself is stuck in an eternal loop.

Not speaking in favour of Warne or Ainsworth - I have no clue and I'm generally trying to avoid following our manager search too closely for my own sanity 🙂 - but I thought it'd be of interest to share just how relatively small their budgets have been while in the Championship. Figures are from the 2020-21 season.

image.thumb.png.7c0641fa768eea61ba5c2bb9967e7611.png

image.thumb.png.2db0692f6301058c9baab4130af434d9.png

I'm sure everyone's aware they've had limited budgets, but they are striking visuals!

Ignoring Derby and removing the £12m promotion bonuses for Brentford, Norwich, and Watford, that's an average wage of £29m, while Rotherham and Wycombe (presumably, they don't report wages in their small company accounts...) had wages around £8m.

Rotherham had an overall loss of £867k while Wycombe apparently made a profit of ~£2m...

With some justification, Rovers (and others) regularly cite the wage gap with the parachute clubs in the Championship, but there's another substantial gap for most promoted L1 clubs...

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 4

Friend of mine who is a big Blackpool fan and uses their corporate facilities tells me their new manager will be in place within the next two days and by Friday at the very latest.  Seemingly, three targets identified and already they are well down the road to finalising appointment.

A club with a plan and a CEO who knows what he's doing!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Friend of mine who is a big Blackpool fan and uses their corporate facilities tells me their new manager will be in place within the next two days and by Friday at the very latest.  Seemingly, three targets identified and already they are well down the road to finalising appointment.

Will it be Duncan Ferguson?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They won't though that's the problem they seem happy to lose 10/20 million per season off their books.

Trouble is theirs only a million or two out of that which is actually available to try and improve the team.

Doesn't bother them it looks like it serves a purpose but the club itself is stuck in an eternal loop.

It's a very strange set of circumstances we find ourself in. If we had a fan owning us instead of Venky's, they would have packed up and gone years ago and given to someone else to try and do better.

Eventually there will come a time when they are no longer prepared to fund the club. I would prefer us to be at a  £5m a year loss at that point than where we are now.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Will it be Duncan Ferguson?

Instead of f@rting about like, IMO, Waggott has done, their process will be done and dusted in a week or less.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Michael Duff isn't it?

Told Duff and Evatt are two of the three and the third candidate is from left of field!

Edited by Mercer

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's not surprising in the slightest that other clubs have their sh*t together.

What are we at now? like 4 weeks+ and still nothing.

Anybody slightly worried that the new manager criteria has shifted since last time from cheap experienced head with a promotion to Prem.

To cheaper, less experienced but with promotion from league 1 on the cv ?

This stinks of another downgrade and preparing for the inevitable once players sales and the rest have kicked in.

• Like 8

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

When did Delia fly in baring in mind NYFC baring in mind in 7 days they’ve played in New York, Chicago and Minnesota 

Also, whilst I don't think he is the greatest of (totally hypothetical) candidates, why would he even want this job?!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers seems to have kept the 3 names who will be second interview stage out of the public domain and nothing is leaking who these are. I don't think any journalist will break the name we will appoint before the club announce the appointment 

Perhaps not journalists.

But when @unleadedposts, I read.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I don't know Birdy and I don't know if he sits on here judging the decisions of other Rovers fans, ergo acting like a superior being.  Fair play to him, he goes to every game. It doesn't mean you, him, Chaddy or anyone else should be critical of those who can recognise when the club no longer represents them and when it's time to stop supporting what has thus far been an insult of a regime.  For some, that time came at  the start of the 11/12 season when Kean was inexplicably still employed, some when Coyle was appointed despite being a joke of a candidate.  Would I blame people for saying they'd had enough IF the next appointment was another slap in the face?  How can I? 

Until the club start acting in the interests of the long suffering fans OR even as the bare minimum communicate clearly and effectively, then they don't deserve the unwavering support of the fanbase. 

Hear! Hear!

42 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I don't know Birdy and I don't know if he sits on here judging the decisions of other Rovers fans, ergo acting like a superior being.  Fair play to him, he goes to every game. It doesn't mean you, him, Chaddy or anyone else should be critical of those who can recognise when the club no longer represents them and when it's time to stop supporting what has thus far been an insult of a regime.  For some, that time came at  the start of the 11/12 season when Kean was inexplicably still employed, some when Coyle was appointed despite being a joke of a candidate.  Would I blame people for saying they'd had enough IF the next appointment was another slap in the face?  How can I? 

Until the club start acting in the interests of the long suffering fans OR even as the bare minimum communicate clearly and effectively, then they don't deserve the unwavering support of the fanbase. 

No problem, everyone supports the club differently, I’ll support them as I like, criticise when I want but I certainly don’t make decisions on buying a season ticket on the whims of rumours on here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, unsall said:

But I certainly don’t make decisions on buying a season ticket on the whims of rumours on here.

I don't think anyone else has... There were a few "If they get appointed" statements being made, but nothing at all definitive. 

For what it's worth, IF it is Warne or Ainsworth I wouldn't be overwhelmed with joy, but I wouldn't be horrified. Both have overseen extended, succesful spells at their clubs with zero resources. I'm quite certain I'll renew my ticket as well, unless Coyle or Kean for some absurd reason got another crack at it. 

2 minutes ago, unsall said:

No problem, everyone supports the club differently, I’ll support them as I like, criticise when I want but I certainly don’t make decisions on buying a season ticket on the whims of rumours on here.

I make decisions in the context of seeing how the club has changed since I started supporting in 1980, season ticket since 1983 - I was also one of the mugs that bought a season ticket during covid. 

I’ve renewed again but I’m not sure how much longer I can put up with this crap and I despise the V’s for making me feel like this. 

• Like 3

Whatever happens, and whoever gets the jobs at Rovers, Blackpool & Burnley, there will be lots of second guessers afterwards. The winners/losers, we won’t know for sure for sometime. And, of the three clubs, Blackpool roster may be the most similar to its current state when the new season begins. 

Edited by WacoRover