BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

16 hours ago, tomphil said:

Untwist your knickers neither have you.

However the THEORY of probability BASED on recent seasons is what i'm going off, pardon me if iv'e missed a pending FFP exemption or recent ten million pound sale.

You are pardoned

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I think Lenihans replacement will be, Carter this season. Then eventually Phillips for the long term. I am not saying I agree with the option, but it is what I think will happen.

Philips for the long term?

The idea is to sell them, not keep them.

Personally I think the idea that you can keep a club in the championship by simply developing youngsters then selling them is not workable. I don’t think it can be done. Youth development is for the Academy. The clubs strategy should simply be be to win as many first team games however they can. 

17 hours ago, bazza said:

Were you using warfarin, sodium fluoracetate or zinc phosphide?

Oh, sorry, warfarin was replaced by brodifacoum, or as my pest control manager used to call it, "bloodyfuck'em"

Half a bob was only sixpence.

Terriers 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bazza said:

Were you using warfarin, sodium fluoracetate or zinc phosphide?

Oh, sorry, warfarin was replaced by brodifacoum, or as my pest control manager used to call it, "bloodyfuck'em"

Half a bob was only sixpence.

Or even a tanner.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, den said:

The clubs strategy should simply be be to win as many first team games however they can. 

101 of professional football, however it stopped being the modus operandi at this club a long time ago…

The longer this drags on the more of a shambles it is becoming. Players are returning to pre season training next week for it to be taken by Lowe & Johnson. Nobody has a clue if Nyambe will even show up, despite his contract running until June 30th. 

The new manager has to be in there to evaluate the current squad, identify areas for improvement and what areas the club need to target in the transfer market. 

At this rate maybe Broughton will swap his suit for a tracksuit and take the training, sounds like he’s got the most qualifications of the lot. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

So what about the £20 million we have brought in from selling Armstrong 

Rovers didn't get 20 million pounds from the Armstrong's sale cos you forget that Newcastle got 40% of any profit we made on the 3 million pounds we bought him for, 

4 hours ago, J*B said:

After listening to the new DOF interview yesterday I don’t suspect we will be handing any big deals - even if we could afford them - out to 28 year old players. He all but says the project is to develop young players and sell them, then reinvest. I suspect Carter is the direct replacement for Lenihan and we will either buy someone cheap (under 24) or loan someone to fill the gap of JPVH. 

I have listened to the interview and Yes I would expect signings to be under 24 years old but we still need 1 or 2 experience signings

3 hours ago, martonrover said:

So now we have a Director of Football, who can talk the talk, but still no manager / head coach, and key players clearing off whilst we create an even bigger muddle. Great!

Blimey give Gregg Broughton a chance. I'm sure he will be heavy involved now with search for head coach now. 

2 hours ago, Craigman said:

Well its no surprise to see the link and if he had become number 1 choice now if Delia deal can't be done now

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Rovers having problems with getting Ronny’s current club New York & fighting it out with Standard … 

The US club are not happy with him and are refusing to sanction his release … 

Standard Also took their DOF and they have refused to sign his release for the next 3 months …that’s their minimum notice order for all their staff……so he’s snookered as well…….

work Permit would also be an issue for Ronny ……. Another delay which Rovers can’t afford ……

I think the work permit for Ronny Delia shouldn't be a problem given he meets the requirements straight forward but It depends how long it would take getting one form the home office. If he is the first choice then pay the compo and get the deal done. 

From the LT is saying he would only want to bring his his current assistant manager, Efrain Juarez

Complex situation facing Blackburn Rovers managerial target Ronny Deila | Lancashire Telegraph

11 minutes ago, rover23 said:

The longer this drags on the more of a shambles it is becoming. Players are returning to pre season training next week for it to be taken by Lowe & Johnson. Nobody has a clue if Nyambe will even show up, despite his contract running until June 30th. 

The new manager has to be in there to evaluate the current squad, identify areas for improvement and what areas the club need to target in the transfer market. 

At this rate maybe Broughton will swap his suit for a tracksuit and take the training, sounds like he’s got the most qualifications of the lot. 

Clutching at straws; (as straws are all these wretched owners leave us with) having listened to Broughton's interview he seems like he has his head screwed on, so he would have asked for some kind of guarantees over the head coach role, surely? He must have asked who we were looking at and the timelines or he wouldn't have taken the role, right? 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey give Gregg Broughton a chance. I'm sure he will be heavy involved now with search for head coach now. 

I’m hoping he is involved in the search, and I’m quite happy to give him a chance.

However, the current state of play is that our (home produced) captain is about to walk away for   zilch, at the peak of his career.

Perhaps, had a manager / head coach been appointed in good time, he may have been persuaded to stay.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

The number of times Deila has been called Delia over the last couple of days, I’m surprised she isn’t on the betting list.

’Where are you…where are you…let’s be havin’ you!’ (burp)

She'd also probably be a better option.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From the LT is saying he would only want to bring his his current assistant manager, Efrain Juarez

Complex situation facing Blackburn Rovers managerial target Ronny Deila | Lancashire Telegraph

Yet again the situation apparently hinging on any new man's willingness to take on Lowe, Johnson and Benson.

Utterly bizarre.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet again the situation apparently hinging on any new man's willingness to take on Lowe, Johnson and Benson.

Utterly bizarre.

I wonder what the new DOF makes of that?

Will he suggest we soften our stance in order to get the right head coach, or will he simply shrug his shoulders and start tucking in to the 'all you can drink' gravy?

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

The number of times Deila has been called Delia over the last couple of days, I’m surprised she isn’t on the betting list.

’Where are you…where are you…let’s be havin’ you!’ (burp)

which is the same sort of thing im texting my 'Deila' on a Friday night

• Like 2

At the end of the day no coach worth a damn doesn't bring their own people in - simple as that. 

If this is going to be a hard limit for Venky's we're going to be really scraping the barrel. 

• Like 3

On 02/05/2022 at 14:57, TimmyJimmy said:

Isn't this Venkys all over. They've known for a  while now that they were ditching Mowbray,  they should already have done all the research and tapping up and a new guy plus his team should be in the wings chaffing at the bit and  waiting to go.

6 people!

Interviews!!

WTF!!!

Whoever gets the gig will be fighting with his hands tied behind his back because the summer will have passed where he could be assessing needs, recruiting etc.. There'll be excuses of having no pre-season for new hires. Players left on the books plus academy canon fodder will need a whole new set of shapes to drill as half the bleeding playing staff will be gone and their established patterns of play gone with them.

Totally lame dude, just totally lame.

Venkys, if you ever have any hope of owning a successful club you really need to get your arses into gear.

Interviewing 6 people, really, wtf.

May 2nd.  Apologies for self quoting here but nearly 6 weeks in to it and it was as predictable as I said. No manager, no pre-season, no players.

• Like 1

Just now, TimmyJimmy said:
On 02/05/2022 at 14:57, TimmyJimmy said:

Isn't this Venkys all over. They've known for a  while now that they were ditching Mowbray,  they should already have done all the research and tapping up and a new guy plus his team should be in the wings chaffing at the bit and  waiting to go.

6 people!

Interviews!!

WTF!!!

Whoever gets the gig will be fighting with his hands tied behind his back because the summer will have passed where he could be assessing needs, recruiting etc.. There'll be excuses of having no pre-season for new hires. Players left on the books plus academy canon fodder will need a whole new set of shapes to drill as half the bleeding playing staff will be gone and their established patterns of play gone with them.

Totally lame dude, just totally lame.

Venkys, if you ever have any hope of owning a successful club you really need to get your arses into gear.

Interviewing 6 people, really, wtf.

Expand  

May 2nd.  Apologies for self quoting here but nearly 6 weeks in to it and it was as predictable as I said. No manager, no pre-season, no players.

great tip to be fair, how much did you win?