BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

one of the best things about sam`s reign  was the big clubs hated coming to ewood,wenger in particular detested us with unbridled hatred,remember the game when sam put samba up front and every free kick the arsenal defence was at panic stations😄

And Dunny on Alumina, or whichever flapper they had in goal at the time!

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

IMO, Rovers have been dumbing down in their personnel for years.

Tom Finn must be mid sixties by now but I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

IMO, Tom Finn's forgotten more than the likes of Waggott, Cheston, Fielder etc have ever known.  I think Waggott is in his late sixties now and I think it's time he and Cheston were booted off the gravy train - IMO, neither have the drive, hunger or nous to add value to our club.  As for our Commericial / Marketing department, I don't think it's ever been great, even under Williams and Finn, when benchmarking against what other clubs achieve, however, I think we've now plumbed new depths and are at an all time low in ability there.

At the end of the day, you scrimp on key appointment like CEO, FD, Head Of Commercial etc and you pay a huge, huge price and, IMO, we see this with the club's very much below par executive management as seen with the managerial recruitment process, sponsorship and commerical  deals, ticket strategy / pricing etc.   Invest in quality staff at a cost of a few hundred grand more (which is chicken shit in comparison to the cost of some of the dross masquerading as footballers) and you get huge multiple paybacks in revenue streams etc.

Broughton may prove to be an inspired choice as DOF but I think it's most likely he wasn't first choice and a late, and probably cheap, appointment.  The lad will be on one mightily steep learning curve and for the sake of our club, I hope he swims rather than drowns.

Whilst we continue to employ the likes of Waggott, Cheston, Fielder, Lowe, Benson etc, I think we will continue in failing to move forward as a club.  IMO. under a new Jack Walker style ownership, not many of existing incumbents would remain in post.

It would be interesting to know your opinion here fella?

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, damo100 said:

It would be interesting to know your opinion here fella?

Could this explain the volatility in the betting market for new Rovers manager?

🤔

8DF73453-082C-4658-873E-217C8D3ACFD4.jpeg

Edited by The Hypnotic
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Already had £50 on the other night, £175 back. It’ll do.

Niiiice!

Last of the big spenders an all that, put £2 on at 19s on the 30th 😬

Still think we could end up with someone else... 

10 minutes ago, Butty said:

Surely it’s not this guy? 😂

D61553EF-1D19-419D-8BE6-B987E4372464.jpeg

He was offered a 3 year contract on Friday according to the press 

Edited by Tricky

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Not exactly booming, but there we go. As I lived in Essex at the time, most of the game I went to were away from home, and I was hacked off with the Rovers not turning up. For me personally, getting rid of Sam was not the big mistake. Not replacing him with someone suitable was the mistake. 

We were around halfway up the Premier League.

If we hadn’t sacked him, we wouldn’t have been relegated. It was obvious to some supporters that doing that was a massive gamble. It was a totally needless gamble and it cost us dearly in every way.

Edited by den
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Gav said:

It’s a pity he missed the next post really….

“We’ll go to games of course, but to buy season tickets for us, shows support for Waggott and support for the owners.

No Nay Never”

😀

I think Waggott would be delighted with that show of 'non-support'. It will mean more money in the coffers if you don't buy a season ticket but buy individual tickets to all the games.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Not exactly booming, but there we go. As I lived in Essex at the time, most of the game I went to were away from home, and I was hacked off with the Rovers not turning up. For me personally, getting rid of Sam was not the big mistake. Not replacing him with someone suitable was the mistake. 

Gotta say sacking sam was a crazy decision at the time. You can expect new owners to put their stamp on things. But in the middle of a season when we were comfortable, just stupid. Then actually doing it and replacing in house was nuts. Sam was very frustrating, I mean andrews to this day annoys me when I see him on tv. The owners knew they weren’t ever going to invest so Sam actually was ideal for them. The idiots

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

That's my main memory of JDT as a young Newcastle player. Signed on to be a squad player(and one for the future) then Shearer goes and gets a serious injury leaving a very young inexperienced Tomasson to try and fill his boots in the 9 nine role as an outNout goalscorer, which he just wasn't. 

He's kinda like their Kevin Davies of the time, too much pressure and expectation put on him.... But went away rebuilt his confidence and reputation then had a very respectable career at the top of the game (so not quite Davies, although davies had a very respectable career in the prem) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

18 minutes ago, den said:

If we hadn’t sacked him, we wouldn’t have been relegated. It was obvious to some supporters that doing that was a massive gamble. It was a totally needless gamble and it cost us dearly in every way.

Yeah it was really obvious that they’d reached for the nuclear option after being involved in the game for a dog watch and knowing the square root of nothing about football. What could possibly go wrong ?

The first thing I did when I heard they’d sacked Sam was to get the league table up to see how many points we needed to get to 40. That’s the honest truth.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, den said:

However, his football was absolutely dire, imo it wasn't sacking him that was the problem it's who replaced him.

• Like 9

JDT did very well with Malmoe, winning the league twice and advancing in to the league stages in the Champions league knocking out some good european teams.

Hes played for teams like Newcastle, AC Milan and Feyenoord and got more than 100 caps for Denmark and managed Dutch teams, been assistant for Denmark national team and manager for Swedish giants Malmoe. With more than 10 years experience I think he would be ready for the championship. Hopefully he will find some good danish and swedish players to bring in to the side.

Hopefully he as a former striker improve our strikers (Gally, Markanday, Dolan, Hedges) if Brereton isnt here....

Edited by neophox
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, damo100 said:

However, his football was absolutely dire, imo it wasn't sacking him that was the problem it's who replaced him.

The problem was the people who sacked him. And they’re still the problem.

How many hours do they reckon it takes a novice to become skilled in a trade or hobby ? I think I read 4000 hours. I served my time for 5 years and at the end of that 5 years I was worth employing. Just about.

This lot have had 12 years and I wouldn’t send them to the chippy and expect them to get the order right !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, neophox said:

JDT did very well with Malmoe, winning the league twice and advancing in to the league stages in the Champions league knocking out some good european teams.

Hes played for teams like Newcastle, AC Milan and Feyenoord and got more than 100 caps for Denmark and managed Dutch teams, been assistant for Denmark national team and manager for Swedish giants Malmoe. With more than 10 years experience I think he would be ready for the championship. Hopefully he will find some good danish and swedish players to bring in to the side.

Hopefully he as a former striker improve our strikers (Gally, Markanday, Dolan, Hedges) if Brereton isnt here....

JDT obviously had a better playing career than Mowbray… but is it wild to suggest he’s had a better managerial career as well?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, neophox said:

Nice wiki grabbing, but: he doesn’t have more than ten years experience as manager/head coach. He’s been assistant as well, and arguably being assistant manager for a national team is a job that anyone can do. 

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Nice wiki grabbing, but: he doesn’t have more than ten years experience as manager/head coach. He’s been assistant as well, and arguably being assistant manager for a national team is a job that anyone can do. 

Winning 2 years out of 2 with Malmö is very impressive. Especially when they only had won 6 out of 28 previously.

I think JDT is plenty food enough for us.

Some fans need to realise we are not Barcelona.

• Like 5