BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Interesting comments from a Malmö supporter in the Twitter comments.

11 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Now THAT I like👍

Fully on the hype train.

I'll whisper it quietly, for looking stupid down the road, but got to be the most optimistic I've been in the Rao tenure.

I had high hopes for about 6 months with Lambert.

But now, a proper heirarchy and structure, long term vision, and people showing some passion and saying the right things.

Really looking forward to things, rather than dreading. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Pleased with how it’s all looking so far. Must say though, looking at some of the younger players slumped in their chairs while he’s talking and looking like they couldn’t give one speaks volumes about why some don’t make it…

Was my thought also, where do they find these spoilt little disinterested dullard shits

We should be scouring the estates of blackburn and nearby towns & villages for our next crop of youngsters, kids that actually just love playing football with real fight and a desperation to make good lives for themselves and their families.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Purchased my first set of season tickets in 12 years today, not because I all of a sudden think we're going to start winning games but because this is the first leadership appointment made in that time I can get behind. With Broughton and Tomasson the club are finally making the right noises off the field. Looking forward to supporting inside Ewood again and I hope others feel the same. 💙🤍

Welcome back mate

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Which one is he again? 

Looks like he'd be a right sneaky tell tale

He's the right sneaky telltale, according to some posters on here. Meant to report to Pasha I think it was.

6 minutes ago, patrickvalery said:

Didn't see a whole lotta love from Dack either. 

I thought the same about Dack & Buckley. Tomasson literally looks through Buckley to engage with Travis behind him.

Shockwaves through the squad already. Shape up or get gone.

5 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I thought the same about Dack & Buckley. Tomasson literally looks through Buckley to engage with Travis behind him.

Shockwaves through the squad already. Shape up or get gone.

I think he engaged with the players that engaged with him - Travis carries himself as a leader so JDT will respect that. 

There were a lot of players sat slumped in their chairs and plenty more giving limp wristed handshakes. To be fair they've had 5 years of Mowbray, that'd break many people. 

Let's see how they carry themselves 6 months from now. 

I do love that he set his stall out though (paraphrasing) "All of my decisions are for the betterment of the team". Either you pull your weight or you're on the bench (and then out of the club). Can't say fairer than that.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think he engaged with the players that engaged with him - Travis carries himself as a leader so JDT will respect that. 

There were a lot of players sat slumped in their chairs and plenty more giving limp wristed handshakes. To be fair they've had 5 years of Mowbray, that'd break many people. 

Let's see how they carry themselves 6 months from now. 

I do love that he set his stall out though (paraphrasing) "All of my decisions are for the betterment of the team". Either you pull your weight or you're on the bench (and then out of the club). Can't say fairer than that.

Dacks activity on twitter will tell you he wants the captaincy

Meanwhile, looking at Rovers’ 30-man roster (which still carries loaners, as well as players not on the retained list. Altogether, eight guys who won’t be with the club), jdt still has lots of guys to sort through.

I won’t be surprised to see a vastly different team when Rovers play their first game of the ‘22-‘23 season. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

Purchased my first set of season tickets in 12 years today, not because I all of a sudden think we're going to start winning games but because this is the first leadership appointment made in that time I can get behind. With Broughton and Tomasson the club are finally making the right noises off the field. Looking forward to supporting inside Ewood again and I hope others feel the same. 💙🤍

This is wonderful news mate, if we can’t back these guys, we’ll never back anyone. For me, the most exciting appointment since Mark Hughes.

I really hope lots more of our fans do the same through the summer, get the place buzzing again. 👍🏼

• Like 6

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Anyone else think he should have a local assistant manager at least as a number 3?  Just someone who is familiar with the division

Like his number 2 is, you mean?

• Like 3

Listening to JDT in his early interviews it sounds like he wants to give us an identity, something we have been lacking for a long time now. I sincerely hope he is given his head in the transfer market and his judgement backed. Pre season is going to be really interesting and hopefully as we get closer to July 30th we can see things developing.

It's only early days but after five years of Mowbray droning on it's good to see our manager actually smiling.

• Like 4

Have we had such open access to our new manager going about his business before? Or have I just not bothered looking before?

Anyway, I like it. Letting the fans in is a good move; going from the reaction on here.

Good luck lad!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

This is wonderful news mate, if we can’t back these guys, we’ll never back anyone. For me, the most exciting appointment since Mark Hughes.

I really hope lots more of our fans do the same through the summer, get the place buzzing again. 👍🏼

You're getting tedious with this. There will be many fans who want to support the new regime but simply can't afford it.

Prices are too high for the socio/economic indices of the area.

LT has it right for once---https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20211566.blackburn-rovers-must-seize-optimism-season-ticket-stance/

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Listening to JDT in his early interviews it sounds like he wants to give us an identity, something we have been lacking for a long time now. I sincerely hope he is given his head in the transfer market and his judgement backed. Pre season is going to be really interesting and hopefully as we get closer to July 30th we can see things developing.

It's only early days but after five years of Mowbray droning on it's good to see our manager actually smiling.

I can imagine him tearing down the touch-line jumping up and down when we score and doing high fives with the players at the final whistle. Joining in the celebrations with the fans.

Simple things I took for granted till miserable Mowbray turned up.

• Like 5

One thing I’ve noticed in the Venky regime is that pretty much every manager we’ve had (apart from the exaggerated Tigger-esque, ‘I’m passionate, me! Coyle), have spent games sat with a face like a slapped arse. With the last crew it was the whole coaching  staff!

Now I’m not expecting performing seals, I mean look at Ancielotti for evidence of why you don’t need managers doing cartwheels down the touchline, but bloody hell a bit of energy wouldn’t go amiss!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Think yesterday there was a comment about JDT not setting out his stall in terms of "pushing for promotion / play offs" yada yada.

Gregg made it clear in his interview that JDT won't be doing such a thing. He's not interested in targets for the season. He's interested in driving absolute performance every game.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tonyoz said:

Have we had such open access to our new manager going about his business before? Or have I just not bothered looking before?

Anyway, I like it. Letting the fans in is a good move; going from the reaction on here.

Good luck lad!

other than our ex captain gifting a TM a birthday cake, i cant recall so much access, its the closes we'll get to an amazon/netflix doc, which wouldnt be the best idea just yet, given what it did for sunderland and leeds