BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:
5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

James Brown too

That's who that was! I clocked him too but couldn't for the life of me put a name to the face. 

Well he doesn't look like the godfather of soul in fairness

• Like 5

Dack has quality that almost all (if not all) of the other players lack, so he’ll be involved.

How fit he gets and how much impact his injuries have had will dictate the rest, but there’s no way JDT won’t want to utilise who was, arguably, the best player in the league before he got injured.

I think we’ll see a big season from Dack this season.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Dack has quality that almost all (if not all) of the other players lack, so he’ll be involved.

How fit he gets and how much impact his injuries have had will dictate the rest, but there’s no way JDT won’t want to utilise who was, arguably, the best player in the league before he got injured.

Yeah fingers crossed with a full pre season under his belt he can get back to his best. Nobody deserves it more than him after two bad injuries either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Jeez, everyone get off Dacks back? He's our best player ffs. Fickle

Exactly. He's had some sub appearances after 2 years out and he's written off. He could well be crocked but give him a  full pre season and a run of games atleast. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Obviously it’s just a snapshot of a meeting, but generally it’s no surprise that so many young players drift down and out the league. Chapman being a prime example of pissing away his talent

I look back to my 20s and I pissed about, lack of focus, but then I didn’t have a very time limited career.

I did very much the same except I didn't have any career at all. Unless you count being a dick head a career, in which case I was flying high. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

We'll see how he responds to training.

He couldn't run last season, and he was never the most mobile to begin with.

• Like 1

Just now, RoverDom said:

Exactly. He's had some sub appearances after 2 years out and he's written off. He could well be crocked but give him a  full pre season and a run of games atleast. 

Correct.

When he came back last season it was late on and on the back of 2 horrendous injuries and a long time out.

A hell of a task to get back from that so he quite naturally looked off his game most of the time and under paced.

I hope that he has taken care of himself since last season ended and that he applies himself to what is going to be an intense pre season under JDT.

The players will be fit.

A full pre season for an injury free Dack and then see him play and judge him then. Sounds fair.

We also need him back as near to his best as possible and committed, we need quality.

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:
25 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Incorrect, JDT is. 

Apart from the fact he never played for us in a competitive game and never will. This place has gone all FB.

open your borders, some light hearted humour is on the way...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Which one is he again? 

Looks like he'd be a right sneaky tell tale

As an expert in NVC he is saying stay away from me, dont pay me any interest because I am not really here, in fact just ignore me and my gurning chomper

I saw the Dack thing and didn’t enjoy it so much, but we’ve no idea what happened immediately before or after, so I don’t think there’s much value in reading into it at this stage.

it’s very much up to Dack how much he contributes this year. If he’s kept fit and commits to the pre-season, there’re many uses for him, even if he’s not exactly the same player he was.

Ironically, Dack’s quite similar to JDT as a player: not the quickest, keen eye for goal, clinical finisher, excellent off the ball movement. If there’s anyone who can help him remould himself as a player, it’s this manager.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Amazing isn't it. A few seconds of a profile shot and he's hung out to dry.

And that profile shot could have been taken 20 minutes before or after JDT started talking. Same with the other shots of Buckley and co.

Someone could have been telling them they'd ran out of steak bakes for all we know.

• Like 4