BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Something just feels right with this set up. I know the last couple of seasons we've been brilliant up until winter and then we've gone into relegation form, but it feels like something has changed. We probably won't be top six with our current squad, but there won't be the usual 16 game death spiral to crush all confidence and hope.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Something just feels right with this set up. I know the last couple of seasons we've been brilliant up until winter and then we've gone into relegation form, but it feels like something has changed. We probably won't be top six with our current squad, but there won't be the usual 16 game death spiral to crush all confidence and hope.

Absolutely, there’s no way I believe JDT would let a death spiral happen. Either he’d stop the rot or have too much honour and step away, unlike the last muppet.

• Like 2

On 07/08/2022 at 06:58, Mattyblue said:

Still some interesting bits for me. Travis saying that ‘it’s now much more intense than before’ being one.

I bet it is! I got the distinct impression from the TM era it had all the intensity of a kick about on the beach on a lads holiday. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

There was a white BMW heading towards Ewood tonight registered in the Netherlands.

Thought it might have been a player coming for talks but could well have been JDTs car

JDT's car is registered in the Netherlands?? 🤔

• Like 1

Have to say feeling so proud of this team right now and excited about the future.

I think Mowbray was very much responsible for a turn around in our fortunes and creating a solid base for the club to build and grow from during his 5 years with the club. But we had clearly gone as far as we could under him.

JDT can take us to the next level and the signs so far are very reassuring. It’s easy to feel positive right now after 3 wins in 3 though but something feels different about this season.

The core players from last season are looking stronger than ever, some exciting young talent is coming through from the academy and our 3 signings so far have hit the ground running, with more signings to come. 

Exciting times!

• Like 1

I absolutely love the way he refers to us as 'Rovers'. He really comes across as a grounded individual who has the uncanny knack of saying the right things and certainly isn't getting carried away. For his nice demeanour and interviews I'd wager he's a right b****** to cross.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I absolutely love the way he refers to us as 'Rovers'. He really comes across as a grounded individual who has the uncanny knack of saying the right things and certainly isn't getting carried away. For his nice demeanour and interviews I'd wager he's a right b****** to cross.

The perfect qualities for a leader Tony. Agree with you totally on the 'Rovers' thing as well. That's the sort of attention to detail and gathering of emotional intelligence that also marks out great leaders.

Loving it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I’d love to see one of these presentations. It’s a good thing that he wants the players thoughts and views. I Imagine it’s a massive change for the players. In my job some of the best managers I’ve had are ones that engage you and value your input. It’s difficult not to get carried away, it’s early doors, but it feels like we’ve stumbled across a real gem here. I don’t recall him being top of anyones list and most of us wanted Farke or the guy that was at Sheffield United. Massive credit must go to Gregg for pulling this out of his hat! Doesn’t seem that long ago we had Coyle and his doughnuts; I couldn’t bare to ever watch an interview with him and now I’m on Twitter everyday hoping for more interviews with JDT! He radiates positivity, he seems to be having the same affect on the players as us fans too. 

Shall we crowdfund a statue?? 😂

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting amount of PR being done as well. 

Football Focus, NW Tonight, The Times.

When was the last time we had anything like this amount of exposure? The build up to the FA Cup QF with Liverpool, maybe?

Been a while that’s for sure.

There’s definitely some good stuff going on behinds the scenes that’s for sure. All this positive exposure will have a knock on effect; hopefully help bring both new players and also the fans new and old to the club. Who is pulling the strings on this? Gregg? 

I absolutely love listening to this man talk football. His enthusiasm is infectious, but you also know that he is deadly serious and players will be well aware of expectations and the repercussions should they not meet his expectations.

Having the youngsters deliver presentations should increase their knowledge, confidence and most of all achieve buy-in with Tomasson's ethos and way of doing things. 

On a personal level, I really want JDT to do well. Obviously I'd wish that for any Rovers manager, but this fella just seems to get it. I'm truly sold on the entire project. 

• Like 5

I remember seeing an interview of Pochettino when he was still in England. He was talking about being manged by Bielsa as a young boy at Newell's Old Boys, and how he used to get the youngsters to do scouting reports for their next opponents and deliver them to the first team.

He remembers the whole thing being unbelievably nerve wracking as a teenager, but that it was great for squad integration, and obviously helped no end with players' confidence, tactical awareness, diligence and the like. He even put it down to him eventually becoming a manager.

Great to hear that we seem to be doing the same. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

How innovative is that? From a confidence point of view that would be great for the kids. 

Its based on something called Intent Based Leadership (IBL). An American guy called David Marquet pioneered it in the US Navy. Its all about empowering everyone in an organisation to be leaders (and not just the senior staff).

We've practiced it at my place for about 5 years now and the results are incredible.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Shall we crowdfund a statue?? 

😂 I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit. It's nice to see everyone so positive about our manager though but let's not forget we're only 2 games into the season. 

I'm seeing expectations starting to get pretty high. Anything could happen of course but we have a very young squad and lots of tough games to play. I'm taking it a game at a time and having no expectations at all. 

Loving everything I'm hearing and seeing so far. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2