BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

3 hours ago, Gav said:

You’ve posted some rubbish this week but that just about takes the biscuit. 

The guy needs backing, the owners are once again failing to support the manager, nothing new here…

Venkys out.

He is getting backing by us signing players for cash and permanent deals so please stop otherwise as its untrue

4 hours ago, Mr. E said:

As much as a likeable fellow he seems, he hasn't shown any signs of being able to roll up his sleeves and get the players fighting. Too meak, and our opponents love that. 

They were fighting in the second half, there was just no one to put the ball in the net.

Ref didn't help too.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is getting backing by us signing players for cash and permanent deals so please stop otherwise as its untrue

Anyone can bring in players on deals chaddy, but are those players better than we had last season? After all the ambition for the fans and manager is to progress isn't it?

Rothwell, for the first 6 months of last season, was at times premiership quality, do you see anyone coming in to replace that gaping hole in the middle of the park? Van Hecke was at times premiership quality, do you see anyone coming in to replace him, Lenihan was excellent last season too? Khedra gave us something different too?

If you don't replace quality player like for like you go backwards, thats exactly what is happening right now and giving JDT £1.99 to spend in this window isn't going to end well. 

40 minutes ago, Gav said:

Rothwell, for the first 6 months of last season, was at times premiership quality, do you see anyone coming in to replace that gaping hole in the middle of the park?

The gaping hole doesn't exist. We only play 2CM's and Joe Rothwell couldn't cope in a 2CM's situation. And he was hardly consistent. He went on holiday at Christmas and never came back. 

40 minutes ago, Gav said:

Van Hecke was at times premiership quality, do you see anyone coming in to replace him, Lenihan was excellent last season too?

Ayala has replaced JPVH. Hyam just about to come in to replace Lenihan. Add Carter and Phillips who weren't around last season and we have arguably more strength in depth. 

41 minutes ago, Gav said:

Khedra gave us something different too?

He's not as good as Hedges, and probably not even as good as Markanday when he gets fit. They contributed very little last season so they are more than adequate replacements for Khadra. 

The myth that we are somehow much weaker than last season is just that, a myth. The 5 players that have left that actually played matches and contributed last season will all have been replaced by Thursday, if they haven't already. 

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The gaping hole doesn't exist. We only play 2CM's and Joe Rothwell couldn't cope in a 2CM's situation. And he was hardly consistent. He went on holiday at Christmas and never came back. 

Ayala has replaced JPVH. Hyam just about to come in to replace Lenihan. Add Carter and Phillips who weren't around last season and we have arguably more strength in depth. 

He's not as good as Hedges, and probably not even as good as Markanday when he gets fit. They contributed very little last season so they are more than adequate replacements for Khadra. 

The myth that we are somehow much weaker than last season is just that, a myth. The 5 players that have left that actually played matches and contributed last season will all have been replaced by Thursday, if they haven't already. 

I’ll assume that you’ve not see us so far this season to come to those conclusions?

If you’ve watched us and don’t see we have massive problems in midfield I can’t help you. 

Nobody has replaced Van Hecke, we won’t replace him either as he’s Premiership quality. 

Losing 3 games on the bounce would usually set alarms bells ringing, but you think it’s all a myth, well my blue friend, the penny will drop eventually I’m sure. 

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’ll assume that you’ve not see us so far this season to come to those conclusions?

If you’ve watched us and don’t see we have massive problems in midfield I can’t help you. 

Nobody has replaced Van Hecke, we won’t replace him either as he’s Premiership quality. 

Losing 3 games on the bounce would usually set alarms bells ringing, but you think it’s all a myth, well my blue friend, the penny will drop eventually I’m sure. 

Looks like we're still in the running for JPVH. Looks like we'll have to pay a large loan fee too. You said we didn't pay them.  If you think that I can't help you. 

And, yes, the alarm bells are ringing. But it's on the manager as much as the players. That penny will eventually drop. If it doesn't I can't help you. 

43 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Looks like we're still in the running for JPVH. Looks like we'll have to pay a large loan fee too. You said we didn't pay them.  If you think that I can't help you. 

And, yes, the alarm bells are ringing. But it's on the manager as much as the players. That penny will eventually drop. If it doesn't I can't help you. 

You do me a disservice here, Waggott and Sharpe both said we don't pay loan fees, I was repeating that line coming out of the club. Maybe that policy is about to change under the new manager, if we get Van Hecke, which Nixon said we had no chance of doing by the way, then great as we both want the best for the club I'm sure.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

There aren't enough players in the team. 

There is a difference between gradually bringing young academy players into the team and just throwing them in the starting line up week in week out because you don't have anyone else.

Yes there are pathways and there is desperation and we have moved from the former to the latter this summer.

Lets hope this isn't the new DoF policy of 'looking inside' then just pushing as many in as he can due to tight budgets.

9 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Chap on the LT saying he got a selfie with one of our wingers today. Said winger admitted JDT got his tactics wrong first half. 

It's never good when the players are already questioning the competence of the manager. 

Depends. What I liked was that JDT saw that and made 2 changes. He took off the worst two players, moved dack into the number 10 slot, let Dolan start the press as the striker and we were a lot lot better. 2nd half we played the way I belive he wants us to play.

JDT needs to learn some of these lessons very quickly, which players he can trust and who he can't. He was quite experimental today with his attacking line, he can't keep getting it that wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Anyone can bring in players on deals chaddy, but are those players better than we had last season? After all the ambition for the fans and manager is to progress isn't it?

Rothwell, for the first 6 months of last season, was at times premiership quality, do you see anyone coming in to replace that gaping hole in the middle of the park? Van Hecke was at times premiership quality, do you see anyone coming in to replace him, Lenihan was excellent last season too? Khedra gave us something different too?

If you don't replace quality player like for like you go backwards, thats exactly what is happening right now and giving JDT £1.99 to spend in this window isn't going to end well. 

I not interested in comparing them to last season squad cos they are far too many variable like a new head coach, new tactics, Different players and a number of other things. 

You are unwilling from your Mowbray in love views. Khadra is a show pony and has talent and shown at times but thinks he miles better than he is. 

We aren't given JDT £1.99 to spend so please stop this nonsense, we are spending money and have signed 2 players for cash with a third on the way

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes there are pathways and there is desperation and we have moved from the former to the latter this summer.

Lets hope this isn't the new DoF policy of 'looking inside' then just pushing as many in as he can due to tight budgets.

It's been going on for years though. Year after year after year of constant downgrading and cost cutting is what has led us to this situation. 

• Like 1

Needs time.  My feeling are mixed see some positives but yet concerned.  He does not have the players he needs to play his way. As in most of our lot aren't capable The young uns and second string seem to have taken it on board better. (lower league opponents help perhaps). Buckley.to.me looks like he's on a sulk, young Wharton outshine him so much.  Call these academy lads kids.and too young but some of em may quickly become mainstays if the bug boys don't buck up.

Unsure if this is the best place to put it, but following the closure of the window, what are peoples expectations this season and have they changed since the window?.

Words that have only provoked in the past have been used to describe this season including journey and transition but we have spent £5m+ without recouping fees, have 3 players on loan for a season and have our talisman back fit and our main goalscorer for a season in a move that long term is crazy but short term really makes us stronger.

For me, the benchmark is to improve on last season with all that factored in.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Unsure if this is the best place to put it, but following the closure of the window, what are peoples expectations this season and have they changed since the window?.

Words that have only provoked in the past have been used to describe this season including journey and transition but we have spent £5m+ without recouping fees, have 3 players on loan for a season and have our talisman back fit and our main goalscorer for a season in a move that long term is crazy but short term really makes us stronger.

I said 13th or 14th but I believe we will get a top ten finish now bens staying ( January depending)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Challenging for top 6 whilst allowing this team to develop and grow under JDT and let this project developed

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I said 13th or 14th but I believe we will get a top ten finish now bens staying ( January depending)

I think we deffo get top 10

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That would surely be considered underwhelming.

why when you consider everything JDT about this being a project and needed 2 or 3 windows to get his team in place.