BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I'm not saying that he isn't happy with Hyam and I think he seems one of the better bits of business at this early stage but he will always make him see

I am sure that he has had an impact but I think that he would much prefer his first choice for example in Ahmedhodzic.

After signing Szmodics, he mentioned his experience in the media. Szmodics has had one season at Championship level where he played with any regularity.

I was just pointing out that JDT has said he needs more experience in the team, so I imagine will have asked for it.

End of the day, if we can be in the top half of the table after Christmas its not the worst. Gives us a fighting chance of making the playoffs. I think we need to accept the fact automatic is not realistic, and play offs are. Plus we should probably all of realised by now this league can be very up and down, you can have a non winning streak and a winning streak at any moment, as long as your near them play offs then that's all that matters. He also only just come on board, hes prob still learning about his squad and players. I would say its a satisfying start to the league campaign. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I love that you keep saying that he has said that he is happy and taking it as gospel.

Can you possibly imagine him coming out and saying "well I didn't want these players particularly but they will have to do?!"

I'm not saying that he isn't happy with the signings but come on, don't be naive, we will never know either way.

Regarding a plan, it was a general point. As it happens, lately I have seen very little signs of a plan starting to piece together, with regularly changing teams, a worrying focus on playing it out from the back, a clear lack of experience and physicality, no real signs of the "front 4 fluidity" or even pressing and us looking dodgy at the back and not posing much threat up front. But across the 8 games, with 12 points on the board, definitely enough thus far to crack on. Point being, if say (we won't) in the next 10 games we win 1, draw 2, lose 7 and performance levels remain poor, would you expect everyone to still say, right, don't judge until next season, time and patience etc?

No reason why JDT would lie and say things he did after the transfer window, including thanking the owners for the backing. You are keeping looking for problems that aren't they so maybe stop looking for them so much. 

If you watched all 10 games and You can see plenty of signs and how JDT wants to play. We are 7th after 8 games, and I think that is good start from JDT considering the number of changes to the squad and behind the scenes. 

In his press conference today, he has mentioned about the project again today. 

what would you say if we won 7 out of the 10 games or losing 1 or 2? You would be saying I always thought he would turn it wouldn't you? 

I believe we need to remain patience and give his time as it is taking time to adapt and change the playing style to what JDT's wants. If you don't disagree but I would be changing my opinion. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No reason why JDT would lie and say things he did after the transfer window, including thanking the owners for the backing. You are keeping looking for problems that aren't they so maybe stop looking for them so much. 

If you watched all 10 games and You can see plenty of signs and how JDT wants to play. We are 7th after 8 games, and I think that is good start from JDT considering the number of changes to the squad and behind the scenes. 

In his press conference today, he has mentioned about the project again today. 

what would you say if we won 7 out of the 10 games or losing 1 or 2? You would be saying I always thought he would turn it wouldn't you? 

I believe we need to remain patience and give his time as it is taking time to adapt and change the playing style to what JDT's wants. If you don't disagree but I would be changing my opinion. 

My point is that the amount of time he deserves depends on the results and to a lesser extent the performances as we go. If we won 7 games then obviously he would have shown plenty to continue. My point was that he doesn't just deserve patience for the sake of it. I think that the start has been pretty solid, I think the performances as a whole and signs of a style developing have been quite low really but its about results so we carry on.

• Like 2

On 07/09/2022 at 17:40, roversfan99 said:

Chelsea have regularly been lambasted for the relatively short time that they tend to give managers for some reason yet they have consistently picked up trophies throughout that time, justifying those decisions. On a much smaller scale, its the same at Watford.

Regarding JDT, people don't need to be patronised into understanding anything. If we get good results, he will get praised, if we get shit results, he will get criticised.

Tell you what, let Rovers spend hundreds of millions every transfer window and we'd be in decent shape too.

6 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I know we're shit now, but just you watch us go after the World Cup/Summer/4 transfer windows/The end of time* (*delete as applicable).

#ProjectJourney

😉

How are we shit now? 7th place with 12 points. That's a more than decent enough points returned even if some performances in games have been poor like Reading and Sheffield United away games 

17 hours ago, Mike E said:

Our overall record is win-loss-win-loss, which is 69pts over a season, probably roughly 8th place?

It's better than that. 15 points from 9 games extrapolated over a season would mean 75 points from 45 games, with 75 usually enough for the playoffs but a draw or a win from the last game of the season should clinch it.

• 3 weeks later...

What's with all the playing it out from the back bollocks? I thought we established by mocking various other teams and nicking goals and points off them that it doesn't work at this level. And then we've gone and turned around and started inexplicably doing it ourselves?!

• Like 3

I really want him to succeed.  He's a likeable person unlike the gobshite.  But he isn't learning from his mistakes.  He's trying to buy oysters and caviar In a weatherspoons. I will give him time but I don't think this level of football suits him

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s skating on very thin ice for me. If things carry on in this vein up to the dingles game and we lose that I think the fans will turn. The football is dogshit.

I’m still for giving him time and try and not get on the lads backs so I can see if whatever it is he is trying to achieve can develop. All good things take time to evolve. However I have to agree the football has been dire. It’s really boring and the lack of excitement and shots up to now has been as bad as anything Mowbray served up and he bored me to death. 

I think your right regarding the dingle match. If shoots of progression haven’t started shooting , the entertainment starting to pick up and we go and lose that I think the first game after the World Cup could be a bad afternoon for JDT