BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I mentioned the devastating drop off, it was absolutely shocking. It was an absolutely incredible first half of the season to go into the new year in 2nd, 6th would have been impressive considering we had sold our best player and hadnt reinvested, and a terrible second half. Averaging out as 8th which if we had picked those points out in a more consistent manner would have been seen as a good season. The season was far from a disaster, just the way it happened is.

It wan an incredible November ,December and part of January .3 months of the season we were excellent,up to Fulham 7-0 it was mediocre and February onwards it was terrible.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, M_B said:

I don't really believe In over achieving, I don't see how it's possible, you can't do more than you're capable of, it's impossible,unless you purely go off money spent. 

I do think that the league is a lot weaker/even than it has been for a while, it's maybe a factor in us being so high. I've been saying for months that this could be our best chance for the foreseeable. 

Huddersfield over achieved last season by making the play off final.Lost 2 players from that squad in the summer and the manager and now they are fighting to stay in the league.

We don't have the fourth best group of players in the league, so being 4th is over achieving imo.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Huddersfield over achieved last season by making the play off final.Lost 2 players from that squad in the summer and the manager and now they are fighting to stay in the league.

We don't have the fourth best group of players in the league, so being 4th is over achieving imo.

Staying fourth definitely would be.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

We are Blackburn Rovers, finishing anywhere in the second division, is not over-achieving. 

Under the current stewardship it is.

Like expecting Usain Bolt to still win the 100m with a broken leg.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Backing is what he needs most. Best manager we've had since allardyce and by far the best under venkys

If true that Greg B identified and recruited JDT then hopefully he, should the need arise, will be picking the next one as well. Until then I hope JDT gets what he wants/needs in terms of player recruitment 

• Like 3

Great to see Sunderland collapsing.  

Pears is like a different player- his positioning and handling is top notch.

Sorba is a bloody great player, really nippy and works his socks of defensively. 

Carter is looking increasingly good- Wharton is going to be sweating over his place in the side.

Pickering was top notch today, he looked really sharp and pacey.

Costello- love his aggression, feisty little fucker!

Bucko- Great game- not his biggest fan but he looked tenacious today- sharp, aggressive and looking forwards.

Travis- Superb, biggest shit-house in the world but I love him. 

Dolan- had a funny game today, I'd say until mid-way through the second half he was a constant threat- also made quite a few misplaced passes.  

Szmodic- running out of superlatives, come back a different player- again, he's tenacious, fiery aggressive little sod!

Gallagher- class.  If he has someone running beyond him today they'd have had a field day.

Really positive stuff.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Great to see Sunderland collapsing.  

Pears is like a different player- his positioning and handling is top notch.

Sorba is a bloody great player, really nippy and works his socks of defensively. 

Carter is looking increasingly good- Wharton is going to be sweating over his place in the side.

Pickering was top notch today, he looked really sharp and pacey.

Costello- love his aggression, feisty little fucker!

Bucko- Great game- not his biggest fan but he looked tenacious today- sharp, aggressive and looking forwards.

Travis- Superb, biggest shit-house in the world but I love him. 

Dolan- had a funny game today, I'd say until mid-way through the second half he was a constant threat- also made quite a few misplaced passes.  

Szmodic- running out of superlatives, come back a different player- again, he's tenacious, fiery aggressive little sod!

Gallagher- class.  If he has someone running beyond him today they'd have had a field day.

Really positive stuff.

Wrong thread?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, rigger said:

If JDT wants a bigger crowd as the twelfth man, then he has to get Waggot to lower next seasons tickets to a reasonable level.

Yep whatever this season eventually holds hopefully we'll finish it strongly then on the back of that they do something radical to significantly rebuild the ST base.

We've been losing fans ever since Waggot set about his squeeze what you have till it pops policy so it's about time he came back into reality. Both him his underlings and the ownership need to pull their fingers out of their arses and help this tram and gaffer get the support it deserves on a more consistent basis.

The fans are out there and the belief is coming back but the only way to be big at the box office again is to take the hit and speculate to accumulate. A million quid to subsidise a season ticket initiative is nothing to this ownership and the amount of money its already thrown through the pipes.

Long term they'll make it back with continued success and bigger gates will make a big contribution to that .Ewood with the size of it is a soooo much better environment for everybody when there are a few more in and it's crackling away all game like today.

• Like 2

On 07/10/2022 at 13:37, Mercer said:

Head Coach:  To me the jury is well and truly out.  Already, I have serious concerns about JDT's overall game plan, tactics and selections.  Our performances verge from the occasional relative sublime to the more frequient abysmal.  IMO, we have 6 points more than our performances warrant.

Mercer, can I ask you whether you have change your opinion on JDT in the last 5 months or is the jury still out for you?