BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

3 hours ago, philipl said:

JDT does his homework thoroughly.

I think Leicester have deep football side problems which a late 11 game dash can't solve.

Potter has said he will make a decision about where next in the summer.

He can't have done it that thoroughly when he agreed to take the gig with us.

Leicester may have problems, but they are a well established Premier League club who will have plenty of cash to flash if they get relegated.

• Like 2

I don't think there's much danger Leicester want JDT. He's done a very good job here, but can see them going for someone with a bit more pedigree given their current predicament. Not trying to downplay his achievements, just feel they'll go for a more established, 'safer' choice. I think the top division clubs will take more notice if he keeps us in the play offs.

I agree we'll do well to keep him long, particularly if the transfer cock ups continue.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tricky said:

Let's be honest he'd be a bit stupid to trade his current position for a relegation battle... 

Leicester are more likely to be in the Premier League than Rovers (next season).

Bookies have Leicester at a best priced 9/5 to get relegated. You can get 14/1 on Rovers getting promoted.

So they reckon a 64% chance of Leicester staying up and a 7% chance of Rovers going up. 

Even if Leicester did get relegated, you'd think they'd be in a better position to get promoted next season than Rovers.

Edited by LeftWinger

4 hours ago, martonrover said:

He can't have done it that thoroughly when he agreed to take the gig with us.

Leicester may have problems, but they are a well established Premier League club who will have plenty of cash to flash if they get relegated.

You obviously haven't been following very closely.

Done really well to play his part in getting where we are but ultimately i think we have another bottlejob running the team.

The subs at Sheff U amongst many others this season screamed that and far too many selections and tactics recently are screaming it as well.

It's now hard to tell where Mowbray and his merry gang of plodders left off and this lot took over. Whenever we need something positive and aggressive he goes into his shell.  What will this club ever have to do to get someone who has nuts where they should be instead of raisins ?

He/We are totally blowing it and there is nothing and no one else to blame but themselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Done really well to play his part in getting where we are but ultimately i think we have another bottlejob running the team.

The subs at Sheff U amongst many others this season screamed that and far too many selections and tactics recently are screaming it as well.

It's now hard to tell where Mowbray and his merry gang of plodders left off and this lot took over. Whenever we need something positive and aggressive he goes into his shell.  What will this club ever have to do to get someone who has nuts where they should be instead of raisins ?

He/We are totally blowing it and there is nothing and no one else to blame but themselves.

He won 2 titles in Sweden which suggests to me that he knows how to get his team over the line.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He won 2 titles in Sweden which suggests to me that he knows how to get his team over the line.

In Sweden with a team who probably had one of if not the biggest budgets and best squads.

His continental approach was obviously perfect for that over there but there is zero evidence of it here. Every bit of success this season has come on the back of some good old English championship style football.

Nearly all our losses are the same a complete no show in the first half, pass slowly around the back, holding mid.  Go a goal behind and never get back into it and all that isn't a coincidence. 

Odd game aside over the last few months we've been poor yet we know the squad is better than that.  If you want success in this league you simply have to approach games like today the same as Sheffield in the cup, Leicester etc.

He doesn't he goes safety first it's like Bowyer and ultimately that was his downfall, a soft mindset that rubs off on players.

Must win is must win, mustn't lose is just asking for trouble at the business end of the season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

In Sweden with a team who probably had one of if not the biggest budgets and best squads.

His continental approach was obviously perfect for that over there but there is zero evidence of it here. Every bit of success this season has come on the back of some good old English championship style football.

Nearly all our losses are the same a complete no show in the first half, pass slowly around the back, holding mid.  Go a goal behind and never get back into it and all that isn't a coincidence. 

Odd game aside over the last few months we've been poor yet we know the squad is better than that.  If you want success in this league you simply have to approach games like today the same as Sheffield in the cup, Leicester etc.

He doesn't he goes safety first it's like Bowyer and ultimately that was his downfall, a soft mindset that rubs off on players.

Must win is must win, mustn't lose is just asking for trouble at the business end of the season.

He has us in the play off positions with a small number of games to play. I find it hard to believe any poster on here would not have settled for that at the start of the season - I for one am happy with where we are and am of the opinion that we stick with our present management. Are you suggesting that we should change the club's football management ?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He has us in the play off positions with a small number of games to play. I find it hard to believe any poster on here would not have settled for that at the start of the season - I for one am happy with where we are and am of the opinion that we stick with our present management. Are you suggesting that we should change the club's football management ?

Don't put words in my mouth or start your usual niggling for a row we know if Harold Shipman was resurected and appointed you'd be defending it.

I'm merely stating my opinion on it i'm extremely annoyed at the lax attitudes on display and the shoulder shrugging. I don't care a jot what we were expecting before the season that is no excuse to take a foot off the gas or look for excuses not to have a go.

The man himself told you that we should grasp where we are with both hands and go for it whilst we find ourselves in such a good position.

That really isn't happening they are bottling it and it starts with him and his negative first half tactics i'm surprised any poster on here can't see the obvious.   I can handle losing i can't handle the lack of fight, ambition and aggression on the pitch or the lack of it from the dug out in terms of altering a faltering method.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Don't put words in my mouth or start your usual niggling for a row we know if Harold Shipman was resurected and appointed you'd be defending it.

I'm merely stating my opinion on it i'm extremely annoyed at the lax attitudes on display and the shoulder shrugging. I don't care a jot what we were expecting before the season that is no excuse to take a foot off the gas or look for excuses not to have a go.

The man himself told you that we should grasp where we are with both hands and go for it whilst we find ourselves in such a good position.

That really isn't happening they are bottling it and it starts with him and his negative first half tactics i'm surprised any poster on here can't see the obvious.   I can handle losing i can't handle the lack of fight, ambition and aggression on the pitch or the lack of it from the dug out in terms of altering a faltering method.

Harold Shipman ?  

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Agree with much of what you write but not sure about the bit i highlighted. We know our team can mix it when everyone is fit and in form but our squad is pretty thin and we have few leaders that can drag the rest along when it gets  tough.

JDT is hamstrung but i agree that ”balls to the wall” should have been the tactic today and for coming games

5 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Agree with much of what you write but not sure about the bit i highlighted. We know our team can mix it when everyone is fit and in form but our squad is pretty thin and we have few leaders that can drag the rest along when it gets  tough.

JDT is hamstrung but i agree that ”balls to the wall” should have been the tactic today and for coming games

That's my point really we've no excuse not to die trying.

We are looking every bit like we are in for the meak surrender again like last season despite all the 'talk the talk' that comes from players and gaffer.

I knew looking at that team sheet then in the first 5 mins there'd be nothing from that game. It was identical to others although mostly away from home and i'm fuming where is the 'we really want this' attitude ?

Last 10 - right good go - mins of course.

We don't have enough depth or quality but what we are severely lacking is bottle. No excuse for that and look at the others up there, Millwall, Luton, look at the teams on our coat tails now like PNE.

I'm not having it for a min they are better than us they are just applying themselves better.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's my point really we've no excuse not to die trying.

We are looking every bit like we are in for the meak surrender again like last season despite all the 'talk the talk' that comes from players and gaffer.

I knew looking at that team sheet then in the first 5 mins there'd be nothing from that game. It was identical to others although mostly away from home and i'm fuming where is the 'we really want this' attitude ?

Last 10 - right good go - mins of course.

We don't have enough depth or quality but what we are severely lacking is bottle. No excuse for that and look at the others up there, Millwall, Luton, look at the teams on our coat tails now like PNE.

I'm not having it for a min they are better than us they are just applying themselves better.

I would say that we have a more skillfull set of players but the others have more strength (physical and mental), more depth (look at Norwich subs today) and more balls/bottle as you point out.

often i find the phrase “men against boys” springing to mind but many of our players have 100+ senior games behind them 🤔

• Like 2

Everytime we've had a crappy little run of results and the knives have started coming out for JDT and the players it has seemed to galvanise the team and quickly lead to a good run🤞🤞🤞

Our squad is thin (to put it lightly) and players are running out of steam and ideas at the minute, but we just need to have one more good push. We need someone like Dack to step up and rediscover the form he had a few months ago when we needed it badly and he dragged us through a rough period. 

And  of course bloody lightweight bottler morton needs dropping again(for good this time) and replacing with JRC or A  Wharton in the middle. BB also needs to jog on if he's now got one foot through the exit door. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

I really don't want him gone but he reminds me of Southgate.  Great with the press. Good player management but his in-game management is poor. At least Southgate is starting to rectify that. Jdt needs someone alongside him to point out the problems during games not surrounded by these types 

holland-2-0-england-world-cup-qualifier-football-match-at-the-de-kuip-EJR63B.jpg

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Look at where that team with the biggest budget / best squad finished this season after he left. 

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

I mean even today in a 'poor' performance - JRC missed an absolute sitter, Gallagher couldn't bundle it over the line from 1 yard out (and missed a free header 6 yards out) and Norwich cleared one off their line. 

We simply cannot score enough goals with this forward line. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Let's not forget we beat Norwich away shall we? Nobody with any sense cold fail to see that we've gone backwards since then, for one reason or another.

We've don't always have to  go to one extreme or another. JDT can be criticised without that being taken to mean anyone wants him sacked!

He was badly let down in the transfer window. With a decent striker and O'Brien we would probably be at least secure in the 6 or better but, that being said, his selections and substitutions have rightly come under criticism.

For some reason there have been many games when we just haven't turned up. When we played Burnley, whichever team won went top. The rot started there and we are now 26 points behind them!

In this situation, ridiculous to imagine that every part of the club wouldn't come under scrutiny.