BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If Broughton can't find 3-4 quality attacking players on frees for the £40k+ wages that are (hopefully) walking in the summer in Brereton-Diaz, Dack and Ayala then unfortunately he's not worth his salary. 

Unfortunately these "frees" are usually not what it says on the label; players and agents allow contracts to run down so that there will be significant agent and signing on fees when they are out of contract.

8 hours ago, martonrover said:

More interesting for what he doesn't say, eg "The work begins now for next season".

It's the last day of the season and he is focusing on this season and the game we just played. Anything is just BS and typical overanalysing by some fans yet again.  

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Radio Lancashire hate Rovers - I've never quite worked out why. I assume either our Comms / PR team are arrogant / difficult to work with, or a lot of the producers / presenters grew up as fans of other teams when Rovers were the big dog in the county and it's scarred them for life. 

My dad an I call it Radio PNE, they bloody love Preston. 

I'm sorry But Radio Lancs doesn't hate Rovers at all. 

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Tomasson did leave this summer, how would you feel? Angry at him for not seeing things through? Angry at the club for not showing the required ambition to keep him? Fearful?

Wonder if he has to go to India.

I would gutted but yet again depends why he is leaving. 

Massive JDT Fan and I think he has improved this team from the start to the end of the season. 

was would he have to go India? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's the last day of the season and he is focusing on this season and the game we just played. Anything is just BS and typical overanalysing by some fans yet again.  

I'm sorry But Radio Lancs doesn't hate Rovers at all. 

I would gutted but yet again depends why he is leaving. 

Massive JDT Fan and I think he has improved this team from the start to the end of the season. 

was would he have to go India? 

I still have bitter memories of our previous manager that lost out on goal difference leaving for better things (though his would have been automatic promotion). Granted it was a club he had huge affinity for - and he didn't do too bad in his first stint with them. But we never really recovered until Jack took over. Though JDT made some mistakes this season - he represents our best chance - and I wonder what would happen if he leaves. But, as with Howard Kendall, there is always a risk that a club that offers a better future than Rovers will come along.

How are those "twists and turns" coming along?

" If anyone says JDT might leave I'll squeam and squeam and squeam!".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I still have bitter memories of our previous manager that lost out on goal difference leaving for better things (though his would have been automatic promotion). Granted it was a club he had huge affinity for - and he didn't do too bad in his first stint with them. But we never really recovered until Jack took over. Though JDT made some mistakes this season - he represents our best chance - and I wonder what would happen if he leaves. But, as with Howard Kendall, there is always a risk that a club that offers a better future than Rovers will come along.

you should have mentioned  saxton and mackay who nearly took us up on absolute buttons,i do agree that tommason is our best chance of promotion since the gestede,rhodes and cairney era,if we could stumble upon another gestede and couple of midfielders we`ll smash the league next year

I've been undecided on JDT at times, absolutely disgusted at a few points too. I'm now at the point where I'd be pissed off if he left though.

I think if the season was another 20 games long we'd probably go up, genuinely a shame that the season has now ended. Ironically despite the results of late we've played some of our best football recently, much better than when we were picking up more wins. Ultimately too goal shy, yesterday aside, but its not like we weren't creating anything.

Players have finally adapted to the JDT style, its probably taken a bit longer than he'd liked/expected but he's stuck to it. It would be disastrous to have to start again now with a new manager/style. Hopefully we can keep hold of our key players and get the right additions in. Definitely need 2 strikers, 1 I expect will be permanent and 1 loan. The Markanday loan has been a massive let down, was hoping he'd bang a few in and come back ready to make an impact. Sure I read he's got a better goal:minute ratio than any other Rovers player this season mind. Something doesn't sit right with Vale either, not seen any updates at all on his progress recovering from injury, seems to be more to it. Leonard needs to at least be playing in the cup games next season to show us what he's about.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I've been undecided on JDT at times, absolutely disgusted at a few points too. I'm now at the point where I'd be pissed off if he left though.

I think if the season was another 20 games long we'd probably go up, genuinely a shame that the season has now ended. Ironically despite the results of late we've played some of our best football recently, much better than when we were picking up more wins. Ultimately too goal shy, yesterday aside, but its not like we weren't creating anything.

Players have finally adapted to the JDT style, its probably taken a bit longer than he'd liked/expected but he's stuck to it. It would be disastrous to have to start again now with a new manager/style. Hopefully we can keep hold of our key players and get the right additions in. Definitely need 2 strikers, 1 I expect will be permanent and 1 loan. The Markanday loan has been a massive let down, was hoping he'd bang a few in and come back ready to make an impact. Sure I read he's got a better goal:minute ratio than any other Rovers player this season mind. Something doesn't sit right with Vale either, not seen any updates at all on his progress recovering from injury, seems to be more to it. Leonard needs to at least be playing in the cup games next season to show us what he's about.

I reckon Vale will be moved on asap.

It'll be interesting to see if players like Gallagher and Travis are given the push. Just replacing Gallagher with a good striker this season and we'd be in the play offs.

• Like 4

Very happy that we delivered one of those on Millwall which people didn't expect. 

Finally winning a game when it was too late isn’t an example of ‘twists and turns’, we fell out out of the play offs and never got back in, so it turned and that was that.

• Like 2

Just watched the JDT interview, guy looks devastated and exhausted.  I don't see hiw one can read leaving in that interview.  I think he gave his all and it clearly stings for him.  Bumo his contract.and get him what he needs.  Best chance for a prem return since Venkies trapped.

• Like 1

Hope jdt sticks around.  I'm not a massive fan but the thought of another joker like coyle fills me with dread.  I'd give him another season.  As long as we recruit correctly.  We should be better equipped for a proper challenge.  I'd also like to see more youth given a chance.  Hope jake Batty lives up to the hype 

• Like 5

On 09/05/2023 at 20:16, booth said:

I reckon Vale will be moved on asap.

It'll be interesting to see if players like Gallagher and Travis are given the push. Just replacing Gallagher with a good striker this season and we'd be in the play offs.

In an ideal world I would keep Gallagher. He would be a super sub to bring on (up front NOT on RW) when the team is trying to defend a lead. JDT seems to expect his forwards to work really hard. If we get a goal scoring striker, the ideal scenario would be to keep that player fresh and injury free by having Gallagher come on and work his socks off to help defend from the front towards the end of games. 

28 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

In an ideal world I would keep Gallagher. He would be a super sub to bring on (up front NOT on RW) when the team is trying to defend a lead. JDT seems to expect his forwards to work really hard. If we get a goal scoring striker, the ideal scenario would be to keep that player fresh and injury free by having Gallagher come on and work his socks off to help defend from the front towards the end of games. 

An expensive sub though, wages wise.

• Like 3

On 09/05/2023 at 13:40, Exiled_Rover said:

Radio Lancashire hate Rovers - I've never quite worked out why. I assume either our Comms / PR team are arrogant / difficult to work with, or a lot of the producers / presenters grew up as fans of other teams when Rovers were the big dog in the county and it's scarred them for life. 

My dad an I call it Radio PNE, they bloody love Preston. 

It’s Andy Bayes that.

I don’t dislike his commentary or his general opinions, but he is 100% a preston fan…! When he commentates on our games, you can hear the frustration when we score 😂 

• Like 2