BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

The most worrying thing about him is unwillingness to change things or change things that don't need changing . 

Last night for eg . No plan B and taking the best player  on the pitch off ..baffling.

As for the travelling excuse .. personally I think its pathetic.  If young lads can't travel  then they are in the wrong game . Should try grafting 6 days a chuffing week .

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ABBEY said:

The most worrying thing about him is unwillingness to change things or change things that don't need changing . 

Last night for eg . No plan B and taking the best player  on the pitch off ..baffling.

As for the travelling excuse .. personally I think its pathetic.  If young lads can't travel  then they are in the wrong game . Should try grafting 6 days a chuffing week .

The travelling might have been an excuse if they were travelling in the back of a van. But not in air conditioned luxury. I understand that it is more a pop at Swagg, but just do your job to the best of your ability, I am sick of the excuses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

The travelling might have been an excuse if they were travelling in the back of a van. But not in air conditioned luxury. I understand that it is more a pop at Swagg, but just do your job to the best of your ability, I am sick of the excuses.

Give 90% of pro players excuses not to perform and they’ll take them.

36 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I honestly don't know what some fans expect. I'm sure I saw we are the lowest spending Championship club over the summer which in itself is credit to how much Tomasson is getting from his players.

I’m uneasy about JDT using the travelling as an excuse for players being injured. As I said earlier you need to avoid giving players excuses when things aren’t going right.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The players are performing. I can’t believe anyone would look at that squad and point the finger at the manager and those players. Just look at the bench last night to understand what JDT has to work with.

I said during the shit show of the transfer window that when we’re lower/mid-table it would all be forgotten and the blame would be laid at the managers and players door, and here we are.

Look at the bench, look at the goalscoring ability of the team, look at the over reliance on youth, look at the CEO when he appointed JDT fully knowing he wouldn’t be able to bring in the required personnel to support his vision, including the rudimentary like a goalscorer.

• Like 6

The answers to all our problems lie at the feet of the owners. Sadly we cany change that so people end up taking harsh shots at the manager. JDT has my 100% support. Still thinks he has to use subs better, adapt a bit and better set pieces.

However, he is probably doing better than many managers could dream of doing with this squad.

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 7

The players are performing and they also put in a hell of a shift.

However, it's a small, weak and inexperienced bunch who when coming up against a team of well drilled experienced journeymen will probably lose out most of the time. 

I said we were a spineless bunch last night in the heat of the moment and that was harsh, I'm just disappointed with our home form more than anything, 5 defeats in 8 isn't good despite all the eye pleasing football on offer.

• Like 2

• Backroom

We had some performances last season that I felt were below-par, and where the team weren't putting in 100% (for example Burnley at mordor, or when Preston dicked us 4-1 at Ewood), but I haven't seen any evidence of that this season. The lads are giving their all and trying to implement the manager's vision as best they can within their abilities - we're just hamstrung by lack of investment and injuries. The fact we're desperately waiting for Gallagher and Hedges to return says it all, really. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The players are performing. I can’t believe anyone would look at that squad and point the finger at the manager and those players. Just look at the bench last night to understand what JDT has to work with.

On average our players are not performing to a level I would call acceptable, and yes that is in part down to a manager that insists on playing certain tactics that are not working. Two examples are, constant short balls from our keeper, and short corners. You say, look at the bench last night as a excuse. I still remember two subs being the allocation, that would remove that excuse.  

These players are putting in unacceptable performances?  Give over. They are working hard and playing well. In a decent position with a load of the season to go. 

BTW - The bench is an example of a weak squad, strong squads on the whole get promoted as its a 50+ game season. It’s not about who was on the bench and who might have come on in a one off game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

On average our players are not performing to a level I would call acceptable, and yes that is in part down to a manager that insists on playing certain tactics that are not working. Two examples are, constant short balls from our keeper, and short corners. You say, look at the bench last night as a excuse. I still remember two subs being the allocation, that would remove that excuse.  

What a load of rubbish that the players aren't performing to a level you would call acceptable. I think they have performed in every league game and playing to the way JDT wants us to play. We have a clear style of play and everyone understand how they should be playing. JDT wants to pass the ball out from the back/keeper. 

We defend poorly as a team as seen by how easily we concede goals. Nobody works particularly hard to score against us. It’s got better since Tronstad came in as we were getting murdered prior when it was just Wharton.

Going forward we pass it out well in defence and midfield, this is the area we have most improved on. However we only really score goals on the counter attack. If we slow build into their penalty area we might as well just kick it out of play we are that toothless.

I don’t think individual performances have been that bad. It’s overall tactics and cohesion which is at JDTs door. Obviously if we had better players that would help but you have to work with what you have.

• Like 1

I know the standard of local reporting gets worse but Tomasson doesnt seem to get asked about the Ennis situation.

The Telalovic situation is self explanatory, he is a cheap signing from the German pub league. But with Ennis, he did well in League 1, hes been injury free for 2 months and he doesnt even get considered for cameos. Leonard isnt ready, usually doesnt impact games yet is the only striker we ever consider even if losing. There has to be something more to it. Is Tomasson simply not happy with a lack of quality? If so, makes little sense considering the lack of options. Or is he unhappy with his fitness, he has never looked in great shape but im unsure if he just naturally is stocky.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

The players are performing and they also put in a hell of a shift.

However, it's a small, weak and inexperienced bunch who when coming up against a team of well drilled experienced journeymen will probably lose out most of the time. 

I said we were a spineless bunch last night in the heat of the moment and that was harsh, I'm just disappointed with our home form more than anything, 5 defeats in 8 isn't good despite all the eye pleasing football on offer.

First goal so so important with this lot but we did do all the hard work last night to get back into it before throwing it away again with an entirely preventable situation.

If we'd gone in front i'm pretty sure we'd have won it but certain players continually seem to wilt badly in the final 15 mins.

Just now, Athlete said:

the problem lies with the owners then down to Swag and GB .

JDT is a head coach not manager he can only work with what he is given so the fundamental issues are beyond JDT

Nonsense.

The owners and the executives aren't responsible for performances on the pitch. That the job of Tomasson, who has to pick the team and formation and get the players ready for the match. It's also his job to coach the players - and therein lies the problem.

Tomasson is too dogmatic in that he has Rovers playing only one way - a high tempo, pressing, passing game that is pleasing on the eye and takes apart similar teams such as Norwich but comes unstuck against strong, well-drilled and organised team like Preston. He needs to be more pragmatic - changing tactics to suit different teams. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Nonsense.

The owners and the executives aren't responsible for performances on the pitch. That the job of Tomasson, who has to pick the team and formation and get the players ready for the match. It's also his job to coach the players - and therein lies the problem.

Tomasson is too dogmatic in that he has Rovers playing only one way - a high tempo, pressing, passing game that is pleasing on the eye and takes apart similar teams such as Norwich but comes unstuck against strong, well-drilled and organised team like Preston. He needs to be more pragmatic - changing tactics to suit different teams. 

That was what used to be known as being a winner.

• Backroom

If JDT had been given the same backing as McKenna at Ipswich (which, for the record, is not a huge amount) I think we'd be right up there with them. Unfortunately instead he's been given less than nothing to work with. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, DE. said:

If JDT had been given the same backing as McKenna at Ipswich (which, for the record, is not a huge amount) I think we'd be right up there with them. Unfortunately instead he's been given less than nothing to work with. 

That's the most annoying thing we aren't talking millions and millions needed at all.

Hyam cost a couple of mill, Brittain even less, Tronsdat free but probably a standard championship wage, Hill probably a decent wage contribution.

They ARE out there.

The problem is the same as it has been for 10 years. Forget the CEO, the DOF or the Head Coach. This club will never achieve like it is capable under Venkys rule. The longer they’re here, the longer the road back will be. 

• Like 7