BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Extremely difficult not to read WAY too far into today’s events.

Absolutely fascinating few days coming up.

Either he goes and then chaos or he doesn’t go and it probably never gets addressed, leading to utter confusion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Anyone got a link to the Nixon story?

I just had a look on his twitter, he was asked a question and just responded by saying "I don't think he will be there much longer.But haven't heard anything about him leaving imminently" something along those lines

It read to me it was just his opinion rather than any insight 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Anyone got a link to the Nixon story?

I was in my car just earlier (about 6.15) and Nixon was on Radio Lancashire. His usual pontificating was evident but my ears pricked up when he said a delegation (that might not be the exact word he used) from Rovers will be visiting India soon to meet the owners. He wasn't as ebullient in his tone when he said it so it might have been him giving it the big ITK but he definitely said it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, philipl said:

Yes horrifically badly managed.

Has to be Waggott's decision and is plain wrong. 

No, sorry but having mulled this over I am struggling to find a scenario in which JDT is not leaving. 

This scenario.

• Like 1

I cannot think of any manager missing a pre game press conference without being ill. I'm pretty sure it's a football stipulation they have to do it. I've known them to be too pissed off to do a post game presser but a pre game, I can't see that happening too often.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

This scenario.

I agree. I think Broughton will work with whatever means he's given, and find excitement and personal development even if finances aren't looking good. He's got nothing to lose really, and it's his first DoF job so he won't be in a rush to quit. He'll take a better job if offered of course.

JDT is ambitious and speaks his mind. Waggot wants to run a tight ship and keep it 'civil', and needs a yes man. 

Crazy because things looked really good before the cock-up of January 2023.

• Like 2

Even post window, wannabe ITKs seem to be desperate for the limelight.

He might well be off and I dont think its an outlandish guess to speculate that a clearly unhappy manager might go. But I think many of these people are just making assumptions and/or echoing one another.

5 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The LET are nothing other than the club stenographers. They have plainly said that he has been blocked from talking to the press.

There was press done with new signings but not the manager.

Make of that what you will.

Agreed. Jackson didn't have the inside scoop on anything in the last couple of days. He's pretty poor I'd say.

Makes Sharpe look a lot better by comparison.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even post window, wannabe ITKs seem to be desperate for the limelight.

He might well be off and I dont think its an outlandish guess to speculate that a clearly unhappy manager might go. But I think many of these people are just making assumptions and/or echoing one another.

There is a lot of smoke this evening, and some of the accounts on ‘X’ do not appear to be those of silly little boys seeking attention.

Add that to the pre-match media conference being binned.

There is clearly a distinct possibility that tomorrow will be JDT’s final game.

• Like 1

I don't understand why he would take the game and then leave 

Surely you just leave 

If he is gone hopefully be sensible and get Gary rowett in at least till end of the season no gambles on foreign managers from abroad or managers considered because they had a promotion  60 years ago but hoping it's just nonsense and JDT will remain 

• Like 5

Just now, islander200 said:

I don't understand why he would take the game and then leave 

Surely you just leave 

If he is gone hopefully be sensible and get Gary rowett in at least till end of the season no gambles on foreign managers from abroad or managers considered because they had a promotion  60 years ago but hoping it's just nonsense and JDT will remain 

John Eustace for me.

It’ll be Fat Frank.

He will be desperate enough to take anything and work under any conditions after Everton.

The likes of Rowett wouldn’t risk this poisoned chalice.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1