BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

4 minutes ago, ageoftherover said:

Would we prefer:

Disillusioned manager lobbing handgrenades at the owners/management who gets us relegated?

Or

New manager, tows the party line, buys into our current situation and keeps us up?

That's what is needed but looks to me like they've all agreed he'll just go at the end of the season and despite him saying he'd walk for nothing last summer i think if they offered him money now he'd be off like a shot.

They won't though and they won't want to source or pay a new guy coming in either so on we go despite the massive and clear stand off.

That's why imo some of them don't give a toss about relegation because it provides phase 2 of the downgrade restructure on a plate.  Only the ownership can alter that if it bothers them because these plumbs running it here couldn't give a stuff the shadowman will stay in his cushy position whatever.

4 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Are you serious? Did you listen to what he said on that video? He brought his family over here and his kids in a school. The guy has given everything.

Someone else mentioned earlier this squad isn't as good as the squad that got relegated. 

He can't do much more especially with his hands tied behind his back. 

He does care and hasn't given up. He was so frustrated that he wasn't able to talk yesterday 

Oh I think he did care, I really rate him as a manager. But I think hes got to the point where its all such a clown show, and the goal post keep moving etc, that hes checked out and feels miminal accountability for how the team is performing.

We've been dragged into a relegation battle in a death spiral which puts Mowbray in the shade but you wouldnt guess it from his demeanor or what he says.

Hes been sold a pup so I dont blame him - in his position I would probably react much the same - but that doesn't take away from the fact the manager / coach needs to take accountability and lead. And if hes checked out then that is very very bad news.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, ageoftherover said:

Would we prefer:

Disillusioned manager lobbing handgrenades at the owners/management who gets us relegated?

Or

New manager, tows the party line, buys into our current situation and keeps us up?

Buys into our current situation? Could someone tell me what that it is because we are definitely no longer a football club 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Oh I think he did care, I really rate him as a manager. But I think hes got to the point where its all such a clown show, and the goal post keep moving etc, that hes checked out and feels miminal accountability for how the team is performing.

We've been dragged into a relegation battle in a death spiral which puts Mowbray in the shade but you wouldnt guess it from his demeanor or what he says.

Hes been sold a pup so I dont blame him - in his position I would probably react much the same - but that doesn't take away from the fact the manager / coach needs to take accountability and lead. And if hes checked out then that is very very bad news.

Sorry, this is letting Tomasson off the hook. All the above is true but that doesn't excuse the way the team was set up and played today. And it's not as if today was unusual, it's been the same for weeks and weeks, the team is in freefall and heading for the bottom 3 at a rapid rate.

This is all down to Tomasson, and if he's feeling hard done by and sulking then it's a poor show and unprofessional on his part. He needs to show some respect  to the fans, work with what's he's got and get the team picking up points again. Even some draws would be encouraging. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ageoftherover said:

Would we prefer:

Or

admin via said manager who speaks the truth and gets maggot and suhail alongside every venky twat jailed. gimme games against unknown city  rather than the shite on offer now

7 hours ago, LDRover said:

You missed out selling the ground. It's only a question of time before that, like most so called conspiracy theories, becomes a reality.

Selling the ground isn’t allowed in FFP any more so if they did sell it, it would be very odd.

5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I've read that article and it's not too bad.

If the LET are saying thereis an off field crisis then you know things are really turning to shit.

Still managed to stick that total bollocks in about "who would buy the club" so it loses some points for that.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

He rightly absolutely slayed them. JDT might be struggling with this group, but absolutely no wonder. 3 completely abysmal transfer windows in a row. If any fans think he’s the problem, they are in fact part of the problem. 

JDT is by no means the main problem, or even a significant problem, but he is part of the problem, by insisting on playing a system not suited to the position we are in.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Absolutely a lot of paid accounts acting as pied pipers to the epsilons that just regurgitate whatever the party line is.

What is an "epsilon" I thought it was German for the letter Y.

Edited by rigger

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

I still don't get it, could you explain in laymans terms ?

They are these people in society that have no ability to think for themselves, they literally just plod along happy as larry.

It's a very strange book, not as good as 1984 but still pretty good. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, rigger said:

JDT is by no means the main problem, or even a significant problem, but he is part of the problem, by insisting on playing a system not suited to the position we are in.

I agree. I think he’s probably come to the end of the road. He’s obviously begging to be sacked, results have nosedived and I don’t think he knows how to get this group out of it. The football side probably needs some sort of kick start, a new voice and some new ideas just to get us to 50 points or whatever the safety point is in this league.  The problem is, it costs money to sack and appoint a new manager, money that this lot won’t spend. Our name must also be absolute mud within the football world. You’d be crackers to walk in to this, with the funding issue, the complete Horlicks that is every transfer window, the state of the squad.

So it’s paralysis. A complete state of impasse whilst we slide closer and closer to L1. 

• Like 3