BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

2 hours ago, the original david brent said:

I like JDT as a person. In the right club he will be a very successful manager. Even though we missed out on the play offs last season, it was an exciting season, particularly with the cup runs. I feel for him having to work under clowns.

However we are going down with him in charge. He has lost the heart for it. The revelation he offered to leave in summer speaks volumes. Ive heard from a very credible source that he has lost the players and morale is at an all time low.

Yesterday the QPR manager never stopped remonstrating on the touchline. Conversely JDT was hiding away in the corner, sinking  into his chair. What kind of message does that send to the players?

Tactically he has lost the plot. Anybody with half a football brain can see we need to tighten up at the back, go back to basics with aiming for a clean sheet and rebuild. Instead he persists with this inverted attacking full back philosophy; how many times did QPR exploit this? 

What were the substitutions about? How has Moran played a full game? How has Hyam played a full game? How has Sigurdson not been criticised by him for hiding away on the left?

Hyam is becoming a massive disappointment and should have been hauled off. Mcfadezean did more on the sideline with his encouragement than Hyam did on the pitch.

With 10 to go, and desperate for a goal, why not send on John Fleck? The lad has played at a higher level than anyone else in our squad. Instead he brings on subs who actually weakened the team. The epitome of his ego getting in the way…. I can’t possibly bring on Fleck because he isn’t up to speed with my system. 

Sadly JDT’s ego, with his stubbornness of playing ‘that way’, is sending us down and to oblivion. 

Just to add to that, QPR's second goal, their lad ran into acres of space. Moran, Tronstad and Sigurdsson were all just casually jogging back. None of them were busting a gut to get back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if jdt resigns,who the **** is going to take over,benson,lowe,johnson,sheron??

most likely the sole reason they don`t want him to go because there is no way we`ll get a proper manager in until next season.i guarantee nobody will be lined up for the job

Exactly my first thought, non of them have the personality or ability to manage even the odd game! 

A few years ago i might have suggested Damien Johnson because he seemed to be on a trajectory to become a manager one day(or at least assistant) but he seems to have gone right off the radar in recent years 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

For everyone's sake, JDT needs to leave. In his own words, this isn't what he signed up for. His heart isn't in it, hasn't been all season. For a while now, his continued employment has been detrimental to both the club and him. He will relegate us, no doubts. Our defensive record this season has been truly embarrassing, some of the goals we concede are the stuff of amateur football.

That said, I do think JDT will go on somewhere and be a good manager, he's already won league titles elsewhere. He just isn't what we need. 

Cap in hand to John Eustace and pray to God he wasn't just a flash in the pan, like Beale is proving to be.

Edit: additionally, JDT said in his last interview, after offering to quit for free, the club said they didn't want him to go. He ended up moving his family over here. That is likely the only reason he's still here going through the motions.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 7

I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope that they can all get together and work their shit out so they can at least all put the energys into putting up a good relegation fight👊👊👊 then once we're safe they can all just civily go their own ways

But as we all know from experience things rarely happen in a respectable grown up fasion under the Raos.

(I mean if the rumours are right we've still got the McGuire time bomb to publicly go off yet if he doesn't get clearance!!) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

For everyone's sake, JDT needs to leave. In his own words, this isn't what he signed up for. His heart isn't in it, hasn't been all season. For a while now, his continued employment has been detrimental to both the club and him. He will relegate us, no doubts. Our defensive record this season has been truly embarrassing, some of the goals we concede are the stuff of amateur football.

That said, I do think JDT will go on somewhere and be a good manager, he's already won league titles elsewhere. He just isn't what we need. 

Cap in hand to John Eustace and pray to God he wasn't just a flash in the pan, like Beale is proving to be.

What we need is someone who can get the best out of the players we've got, rather than sulking about what we haven't got,we just haven't got time for belly aching. 

If Tomasson is up for it then fair enough, get on with it, if not then get rid. I'd personally be giving Solsjaer a ring, see what he's up to, but contrary to popular belief, there would be a fair queue. Eustace does seem like a motivator, as does Rowett, but do they fit in with the "project"? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Just when you think things can't possibly get worse, they do. 

When contemplating the last thirteen years of cack-handed buffoonery, Machiavellian malevolence, and sheer willful (gleeful?) neglect, I am often reminded of James stockdale the us air pilot shot down during the Vietnam war. As he elected from his plane, he thought to himself "I am leaving the world of technology, and entering the world of epictetus". The Vietnamese leathered the crap out of the guy for most of his seven or so years of incarceration. But never once did he submit. They broke his leg twice. His reliance on stoicism and faith that one day the ordeal would be over, whilst accepting the reality of his current situation, gave rise to the term stockdale paradox. 

I mention all this because we parachuted over hanoi the day these pustulous turd-picking banjo-strumming freak shows were allowed to buy our beloved club. We left the world of competence and astute guardianship of the club by custodians who genuinely cared. And we entered a world of unremitting pain as people I wouldn't leave in charge of a tuck shop set about recklessly running this club into the ground. 

Venkys may be breaking my legs, but they'll never break my spirit. In the dichotomy of control, I do not give my energy to contemplating what a galactic mess these fucking idiots have created. It is a, test sent by the gods to test my spirit, to see if I can be broken. But I won't, and one day the Venky Cong will be banished. 

BACK US. Never bow (I'd rather fucking die), stay off the air, admit no crimes, never kiss them goodbye, unity over self. 

And if fat barry wants a square go, he only had to ask. He can bring his big scary metal bar and his girlfriend off her likes. No bother

That’s the old Bryan I remember

Lovely

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

What we need is someone who can get the best out of the players we've got, rather than sulking about what we haven't got,we just haven't got time for belly aching. 

If Tomasson is up for it then fair enough, get on with it, if not then get rid. I'd personally be giving Solsjaer a ring, see what he's up to, but contrary to popular belief, there would be a fair queue. Eustace does seem like a motivator, as does Rowett, but do they fit in with the "project"? 

A queue for Ole?Is that why he is still out of work 2 years after leaving united?

He did shit at Cardiff 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

eustace off to huddersfield😒

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

There has never been a project. Theres no point even trying to create one under these owners.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if jdt resigns,who the **** is going to take over,benson,lowe,johnson,sheron??

most likely the sole reason they don`t want him to go because there is no way we`ll get a proper manager in until next season.i guarantee nobody will be lined up for the job

Internal appointment. They will want a cheap yes man and clearly haven't got the cash or aptitude to appoint a tried and tested external option.

They are so thick they will think people will embrace a Johnson appointment because he used to play for us.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, broadsword said:

When contemplating the last thirteen years of cack-handed buffoonery, Machiavellian malevolence, and sheer willful (gleeful?) neglect, I am often reminded of James stockdale the us air force pilot shot down during the Vietnam war. As he ejected from his plane, he thought to himself "I am leaving the world of technology, and entering the world of epictetus". The Vietnamese leathered the crap out of the guy for most of his seven or so years of incarceration. But never once did he submit. They broke his leg twice. His reliance on stoicism and faith that one day the ordeal would be over, whilst accepting the reality of his current situation, gave rise to the term stockdale paradox. 

I mention all this because we parachuted over hanoi the day these pustulous turd-licking banjo-strumming freak shows were allowed to buy our beloved club. We left the world of competence and astute guardianship of the club by custodians who genuinely cared. And we entered a world of unremitting pain as people I wouldn't leave in charge of a tuck shop set about recklessly running this club into the ground. 

Venkys may be breaking my legs, but they'll never break my spirit. In the dichotomy of control, I do not give my energy to contemplating what a galactic mess these fucking idiots have created. It is a test sent by the gods to test my spirit, to see if I can be broken. But I won't, and one day the Venky Cong will be banished. 

BACK US. Never bow (I'd rather fucking die), stay off the air, admit no crimes, never kiss them goodbye, unity over self. 

And if fat barry wants a square go, he only has to ask. He can bring his big scary metal bar and his girlfriends if he likes. No bother

Perfectly put

5 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

Moran should not have started CM - Garrett should have.

It felt like JDT used him as a point-proving exercise about our CM options.

I want the LT/BBC to put that to him next time he speaks to them.

I'm not sure about that, Garrett was poor against Wrexham.                 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, M_B said:

Yep, we need a manager who can grind out results, even Warnock till the end of the season. Abandon all plans for playing Barcelona-esq football and get some points on the board by hook or crook.

We don't need Solskjaer either, I think we'd be in a similar situation as we are now with JDT. We need a manager who can come in and get some points on the board, we haven't won a league game for nearly 2 months.

A loss to Stoke and we are all but down.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, broadsword said:

When contemplating the last thirteen years of cack-handed buffoonery, Machiavellian malevolence, and sheer willful (gleeful?) neglect, I am often reminded of James stockdale the us air force pilot shot down during the Vietnam war. As he ejected from his plane, he thought to himself "I am leaving the world of technology, and entering the world of epictetus". The Vietnamese leathered the crap out of the guy for most of his seven or so years of incarceration. But never once did he submit. They broke his leg twice. His reliance on stoicism and faith that one day the ordeal would be over, whilst accepting the reality of his current situation, gave rise to the term stockdale paradox. 

I mention all this because we parachuted over hanoi the day these pustulous turd-licking banjo-strumming freak shows were allowed to buy our beloved club. We left the world of competence and astute guardianship of the club by custodians who genuinely cared. And we entered a world of unremitting pain as people I wouldn't leave in charge of a tuck shop set about recklessly running this club into the ground. 

Venkys may be breaking my legs, but they'll never break my spirit. In the dichotomy of control, I do not give my energy to contemplating what a galactic mess these fucking idiots have created. It is a test sent by the gods to test my spirit, to see if I can be broken. But I won't, and one day the Venky Cong will be banished. 

And if fat barry wants a square go, he only has to ask. He can bring his big scary metal bar and his girlfriends if he likes. No bother

Please can I have your babies 😘

• Like 1

He won't come here but you'd think they'd at least try and get in Steve Cooper with his background with youth academies and developing players. He's the ideal candidate.

Their "bollocks to any ambition" stance, incompetence and general fuckwittedness would kill any approach dead, but you'd think he'd be top of the list.

1 minute ago, booth said:

He won't come here but you'd think they'd at least try and get in Steve Cooper with his background with youth academies and developing players. He's the ideal candidate.

Their "bollocks to any ambition" stance, incompetence and general fuckwittedness would kill any approach dead, but you'd think he'd be top of the list.

Absolutely no chance he joins - didn't we fuck O'Brien whilst he was manager there?

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Absolutely no chance he joins - didn't we fuck O'Brien whilst he was manager there?

“Similar to what I said just after the transfer window, the lad has been completely let down and so have we,” the Welshman said.

“I personally or anyone from the sporting side has not heard a word from Blackburn, whether that is an explanation, an apology or what, I don’t know. I don’t think we would behave like that.

“It is complete mismanagement of a situation. We are annoyed at that and the common courtesy of not having a call or a text from anyone and I know some people on the football side at Blackburn as well.

“Let’s just say we wouldn’t treat a player or a club the way we or Lewis has been treated.

“Sometimes when you are on the other end of things like this you learn how not to treat people and that is where we are at. We won’t let Lewis down, others might, we won’t.” Steve Cooper

• Like 2