BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

11 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I get point C was somewhat in jest, but sorry I'm not a "casual", nor bonkers, and I never said Eustace is a Messiah; I said he's the best option I think we could expect.

Alex Neill is another Mowbray, making a career off a couple of promotions over a decade ago, who will maybe steady the ship, tread water, flirt with playoffs then run out of ideas.

Eustace is a more forward looking appointment who, albeit in a shorter career, comfortably led Big Club to safety when favourites to go down, had them playing good football & in 6th place when sacked by uninformed useless owners.

Anyway, sounds almost certain it'll be him in the dugout on Saturday, I hope you'll support him.

I hear you. Wasn’t calling you a casual, I meant in the terms of ‘everyone’ in my post.

Disagree on him being more forward looking, small sample size, and from what I’ve read Birmingham fans suggested he was play for a point and hope to nick a goal.

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Maggott &  Mowbray|: Coventry connection

Maggott & Eustace: Coventry connection

The old boys' network alive and well in football

If Maggott could get Mark Robins instead I guess he might even earn a few Brownie points on here

Have to say I don't know much about Eustace except he was well regarded at Brum and clearly didn't deserve to be sacked

Roll the dice. Here we go again 

We should have swapped Mowbray for Robins years ago when he was dawdling over a new contract at Cov and Tony had long reached his glass ceiling.

No chance of these on their cushy little numbers presenting that idea the the owners though.

This managerial change is perfect timing for Waggott. 

Unpopular sale of Adam Wharton, more transfer cockups, terrible form on the pitch, protests looming, toxic atmosphere, Venky's court hearing postponed. Anti Venky feeling growing. Massive pressure on the CEO.

Change the manager and many fans will be in 'give him a chance ffs' mode.

Pressure off for now. Retire in the summer. Crafty bugger that Waggott.

• Like 7

Maggott is very crafty. 

Rule No 1 for bosses under fire: surround yourself with friends and people you know

Eustace fits the bill perfectly

Not saying he wouldn't be a bad appointment, but it's all very convenient

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

This managerial change is perfect timing for Waggott. 

Unpopular sale of Adam Wharton, more transfer cockups, terrible form on the pitch, protests looming, toxic atmosphere, Venky's court hearing postponed. Anti Venky feeling growing. Massive pressure on the CEO.

Change the manager and many fans will be in 'give him a chance ffs' mode.

Pressure off for now. Retire in the summer. Crafty bugger that Waggott.

I think we'd all take that right now. It would be 1 rat down.

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Maggott is very crafty. 

Rule No 1 for bosses under fire: surround yourself with friends and people you know

Eustace fits the bill perfectly

Not saying he wouldn't be a bad appointment, but it's all very convenient

Do we know for sure that Eustace knows Waggott?

I hope JDT walks into another job as it'll mean the finance side of it should be covered and whilst he has made a rod for his own back here with his style he has also been shafted.

Would be a reasonable enough ending and best of luck to him i think he's more suited to a different culture of football if i'm honest.  He struggled with the intense nature of it at Newcastle as a young player and i reckon that reflects in his teams and attitude.

Another nice guy who hasn't got muck and bullets in his make up.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

The fact it has to be sanctioned by Venky’s is laughable, they’re on such an ego trip all the time, it’s always about control 

The biggest question for me is if this is a GB appointment or if SW is back in control