BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

3 hours ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

You just know the club will think "we need the fans on our side so let's employ Gareth Ainsworth who is also a fan!". 

Personally, I'd go for Ian Evatt who has a high reputation as a young coach with his progressive playing style at the clubs he's managed at. He helped rebuild Bolton to help them fly high in League 1. The question is, would he want to trade that for life at Blackburn? 😂

My guess is - not in a million years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Fowler and we might as well just raise the white flag now, in what world is he the man to save us. I could just about accept eustace 

Fowler would be their perfect manager. Yes man. Connected to the owners. 

Woeful times ahead 

20 minutes ago, roverblue said:

No I wasn’t considering Eustace with regards to JdT performance. I was just responding generally to those that think JDT has just had a bad run and been unlucky. I think it’s more fundamental than that.

i agree with you on Eustace he is an unknown quantity and will be done over by the club in summer. To be honest at this point I just want to stay in the league so anyone who focuses more on defence than attack gets my vote. Probably go for Alex Neill if I had a say.

It'll be interesting to see what a more defensive minded manager would do with the players on offer. There's no way some of them will get anywhere near the first team.

5 minutes ago, booth said:

It'll be interesting to see what a more defensive minded manager would do with the players on offer. There's no way some of them will get anywhere near the first team.

That’s the problem. He could be a defensive mastermind but we haven’t got enough real defenders on the books.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 47er said:

No---to put the blame where it rightly belonged. He was let down by the owners from the beginning.

Too right it’s not shifting the blame it’s stating the facts.,I know India is renowned for snakes like the Cobra but I never knew Waggot was a breed of snake. He is one at slippery slimy bastard. 

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 1

I think they might be after someone daft enough to stand there taking stick for them whilst the club slips inevitably to relegation next season after everyone has been sold to keep it going a bit longer.

That might rule in any cheap clueless yes man they can find, ring any bells....

The longer this drags on the worse it gets for us. No doubt we will be haggling every penny which will be slowing everything down. We will go into a massive game on Saturday with 0 plan in place and utter chaos in every department.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roverblue said:

The guy was taking us into league one, he knew the score last summer and should have walked. instead he’s persisted with his brand with a group of players not suited to it.

Plenty can and will achieve better with what we have got.

Problem is, what are this set of players suitable for? 

They can't play the tippy tappy stuff.

They are too slow to play on the break.   

Too small/weak to go direct/long ball. 

It's a piss poor squad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Problem is, what are this set of players suitable for? 

They can't play the tippy tappy stuff.

They are too slow to play on the break.   

Too small/weak to go direct/long ball. 

It's a piss poor squad. 

Yep. There is danger when the tactics are changed we find we go even worse.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, FE123 said:

The longer this drags on the worse it gets for us. No doubt we will be haggling every penny which will be slowing everything down. We will go into a massive game on Saturday with 0 plan in place and utter chaos in every department.

Yes, and the the nasty wasty supporters might be naughty and boo, which will upset the players 🙄

1 minute ago, 47er said:

If Kaminski had been between the posts all season I'm guessing our position in the league would be rather higher.

He was left with Pears and Wahlstedt and then immediately lost Pears. much of the defence's problems are down to that.

We sacrificed safety in the League for £2M. Venkys again.

He pushed to leave, as would most players at this level when a top tier team comes in. He's 31, chances of playing in an elite league wouldn't come around many more times. 

• Like 1

I don't think Eustice is the answer - he's a relative rookie still and we need experience.

Now isn't the time to be taking risks.

If Fowler gets anywhere near the job, I'm genuinely out (and never returning).

Nixon clearly has no idea at all. After all, he backed Kean as a 'gem' right to the death.
He'll report whatever certain people pay him to report.

• Like 4

Plenty of managers will want to manage Blackburn Rovers, even for the awful people who own and run the club.

But not many proven in demand managers will. They can wait for a proper club to come along.

Not many decent managers will come here and those that will won't last more than a year or so until they get worn down by Venky nonsense and leave. 

Conversely if the new manager gets on a plane to India he'll be here as long as he wants to be (Mowbray, Kean)

12 minutes ago, alex l said:

He pushed to leave, as would most players at this level when a top tier team comes in. He's 31, chances of playing in an elite league wouldn't come around many more times. 

I don't know whether he pushed to leave or not, did he tell you this? He was under contract to us and it wasn't in our interests to let him go. As became obvious very early indeed.

• Like 1