BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

19 hours ago, onlyoneDuff said:

Counterpoint..I agreed with almost everything he said especially concerning how he has been treated this year by the manager...and at their best...Messi couldn't lace his boots..

The arrogance of the Dutchman not to give any time on field v City and then offer 3 minutes v Spurs was a deliberate go at embarrassing one of the world's greatest ever players, still supremely fit.

That action could only have taken place with the agreement of those above the Dutchman.

Ronaldo has a massive ego but shoots from the hip and is spot on in most of his criticism.

He can pick up the Saudis cash at his own convenience whilst MU scratch around in search of a decent PR outfit to lie for them.

In a related vid what a plonker Simon Jordan is in his interview with Morgan. Absolute moron.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Jordan imo made a very good point that Morgan went all gooey eyed and didn't challenge anything Ronaldo said

Why challenge? Not challenging gave Ronaldo the confidence to keep running his mouth. Surely the object was to get as much "info" as possible and not just have a Jordan style argument involving Oprah.

39 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Not strictly Premier League but I've noticed Everton and Celtic have gone to Sydney for one of those silly friendly cups normally played in pre season. I wonder if either will complain about fixture congestion later on some time.

I think a more telling factor will be how much they are getting paid, rather than fixture congestion.

6 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Not strictly Premier League but I've noticed Everton and Celtic have gone to Sydney for one of those silly friendly cups normally played in pre season. I wonder if either will complain about fixture congestion later on some time.

There won’t be any complaints from Celtic. They’ve only played two games (it’s a three team tournament) and they’ve banked £5m from it. In the Scottish Premiership, you can’t turn down that sort of money.

• Like 1

• Backroom

A bizarre way to go about leaving without a payoff. ETH clearly didn't want Ronaldo there, so presumably the United hierarchy would have agreed to let him go on a free if he'd just asked, as it'd save them £2m a month and get rid of an unhappy player they were unlikely to sell before his contract expired. 

Oh well. 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderation Lead
48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Chelsea were very unimpressive today, Potter seems to have had an underwhelming start there.

I rate Potter as a manager, but I think that is turning out to be a poor career move for him so far. They look toothless up front and susceptible to pressure at the back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

I rate Potter as a manager, but I think that is turning out to be a poor career move for him so far. They look toothless up front and susceptible to pressure at the back.

I suppose even if he got sacked, he would get a massive pay off and would still be attractive to lower Prem teams.

It was a good weekend for Arsenal. Of the current chasers only Liverpool and Man U won.

City laboured against Everton. Newcastle couldn't score against Leeds. Spurs stunk it up at home to Villa. If only the Spurs version of Lloris played for France. What could have been.......

At the other end of the table Southampton's managerial change hasn't helped yet.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Spurs fans on social media having a real good moan about Conte and his tactics. Saying they don't work anymore. Need to move to back 4. Didn't see today game so couldn't comment on the performance of them

Thought you said they were going to win the league?

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Can't see villa keeping hold of emery for long. Getting him was a huge coup. He's guaranteed to bring some success to them

He is a good appointment, agreed. To go from appointing a big name former player (I know he won the league at Rangers but his overall record there was ok, only one trophy) to a proven winner at European level is a big change but a good one.

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Spurs fans on social media having a real good moan about Conte and his tactics. Saying they don't work anymore. Need to move to back 4. Didn't see today game so couldn't comment on the performance of them

Yeah I think top 4 is a struggle, their squad isn't good enough. The front 3 is but beyond that, their keeper is dodgy, they have one good centre back in Romero and a lot of other poor ones, their wing backs are below par aside from Perisic who is not technically a wing back and is getting on, and their midfield is ok, nothing more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah I think top 4 is a struggle, their squad isn't good enough. The front 3 is but beyond that, their keeper is dodgy, they have one good centre back in Romero and a lot of other poor ones, their wing backs are below par aside from Perisic who is not technically a wing back and is getting on, and their midfield is ok, nothing more. 

I do feel that Spurs should be top 4 at least. I do feel that Conte is too defensive and maybe he needs to go more attacking and play all 4 of quality front players in 4-2-3-1 formation. I would play Spence and Sessegnon as their full backs. 

Its the first time I've look at the PL table since before Christmas time. Didn't realised Man Utd were 3rd. Plus how Chelsea was behind the top 4 now.