BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Well run from top to bottom,easily replaced both managers and players with better than the ones left.Apart from them being southerners i like everything about the club.

Me too. Was hoping they would gatecrash the champions league 

• Backroom

I don’t watch much footy live these days but caught the goals from the arsenal Brighton game, it’s ridiculous how bored Martin Tyler sounds, he needs to step away and enjoy his retirement as he is detracting from the moment  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seen lots of justified criticism about Martin Tyler today. 100% agree, has to go.

He cant retire,Chaddy says hes still great even though the rest of us think he's well past his best.Didn't see the game bit i've seen his commentary of the 1st goal on twitter and he cant sound less interested if he tried.I can't decide if he sounded ill or just old and past it.

Edited by Darrenbot

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

Well that’s your view.
I just like unfashionable teams giving a kick up the arse to the establishment. We used to be the ones to do that but we are miles away from those wonderful days. 

They’re southern. You don’t “love” southern clubs. I’d rather  Burnley upset the “establishment” than the likes of Brighton or Brentford 

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

They’re southern. You don’t “love” southern clubs. I’d rather  Burnley upset the “establishment” than the likes of Brighton or Brentford 

Don't care from which part of England they're from, they are the type of club every 'small club' should look to and say 'yes it can be done without spending big bucks'. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He cant retire,Chaddy says hes still great even though the rest of us think he's well past his best.Didn't see the game bit i've seen his commentary of the 1st goal on twitter and he cant sound less interested if he tried.I can't decide if he sounded ill or just old and past it.

Martin Tyler is quality and still is. I watched the game at the time live like I always do on Sunday afternoon. Enjoyed the games on and the commentary. 

• Like 1

I know this isn’t what he’s doing, but it almost sounds with Tyler now like he’s expecting VAR. It’s like VAR has killed the moment for him.

For one of the Brighton goals I looked up after it had gone in and with the way he reacted I just presume he knew it was offside and VAR would rule it out.

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seen lots of justified criticism about Martin Tyler today. 100% agree, has to go.

When Arsenal conceded the 2nd goal, he barely even reacted, then when he eventually did, he sounded gutted.

Time for him to step aside, every dog has its day.

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

When Arsenal conceded the 2nd goal, he barely even reacted, then when he eventually did, he sounded gutted.

And yet Keown today thinks Tyler is bias against Arsenal.

How does that work? Certainly didn't sound like a man celebrating when they conceded.

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Time for him to step aside, every dog has its day.

probably thought it was going to offside and VAR get involved again. 

58 minutes ago, Silas said:

How does that work? Certainly didn't sound like a man celebrating when they conceded.

he talking utter and complete rubbish. Arsenal were poor and Brighton show them how to play football. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silas said:

Martin Keown accusing others of bias.

That has to be a piss take.

He is one who I really do avoid listening to whenever possible.

• Like 1

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Martin Keown accusing others of bias.

That has to be a piss take.

He is one who I really do avoid listening to whenever possible.

Just bizarre that he's picked this moment to sound off.

There is bias in commentators, we've all seen it with Neville/Carragher/Micah etc. I don't mind it personally, like to see a bit of passion for the game. 

But Tyler yesterday has gone viral for barely reacting to the goals going in, and Keown has decided this is the time to make an accusation. Truly odd. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Silas said:

There is bias in commentators, we've all seen it with Neville/Carragher/Micah etc. I don't mind it personally, like to see a bit of passion for the game. 

But Tyler yesterday has gone viral for barely reacting to the goals going in, and Keown has decided this is the time to make an accusation. Truly odd. 

Keown lashing out as he's distraught that Arsenal have imploded.

Tyler the easy target ... and that's good news for any cat that may have been near.

I have to say Tyler is still imho a top commentator and I can't accept the ageism being shown him. Basic rudeness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silas said:

I think neville is quite neutral.  Carragher on the other hand is very biased 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

probably thought it was going to offside and VAR get involved again. 

he talking utter and complete rubbish. Arsenal were poor and Brighton show them how to play football. 

Is there absolutely part of Sky coverage that you think is anything other than perfect? Any pundits you dont rate, any teams overshown, silly kick offs, disregard to fans, anything?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hasta said:

I know this isn’t what he’s doing, but it almost sounds with Tyler now like he’s expecting VAR. It’s like VAR has killed the moment for him.

For one of the Brighton goals I looked up after it had gone in and with the way he reacted I just presume he knew it was offside and VAR would rule it out.

It's a fair assumption.

VAR has killed the game - it's not being used properly. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Keown lashing out as he's distraught that Arsenal have imploded.

Tyler the easy target ... and that's good news for any cat that may have been near.

I have to say Tyler is still imho a top commentator and I can't accept the ageism being shown him. Basic rudeness.

Martin Tyler is commenting the Leicester-Liverpool game on US TV. It's him and Jim Belgin. I've not noticed much. He is the same Martin Tyler I've been listening to since I was a kid. If anything he sounds a bit hoarse. 

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

I think neville is quite neutral.  Carragher on the other hand is very biased 

Carragher does Champions League her with Thierry Henry and Micha Richards. Both he and Richards aren't shy about their club allegiances. They play if off well. 

• Like 2

Martin Tyler has produced some great moments in the commentary box. His voice is a touch of nostalgia - remember him screaming “Gerrarddd” long before the Aguero moment

I personally think that VAR and the sanitising of the game has ruined it for him. You can tell he is always waiting for the late call or the VAR check. And the game is far less dramatic for it - it stops you from getting lost in the moment. Most PL going fans that I have spoken to say the same

When he goes it will be a sad moment in football. But every dog has its day and all that 

Personally, Peter Drury is my favourite commentator. The man is a poet 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Unfortunately for Leicester, they are a bit rubbish and Liverpool have regained their form from last season, albeit far too late for anything other than a late top four run. Leicester will just need to try and keep the scoreline respectable.