BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Rotherham blew it big time. Keeper for the winner was horrific.

And also for the winner the two defenders who appealed for a throw, and when they didn’t get it they went to argue with the Lino and left Benson free on the touchline for the quick throw. Schoolboy stuff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

These countless last minute winners and never ending injury/added time are as hateable as the United team under Fergie back in the day. Makes you feel sick. Seeing 10 mins going up gifts the whole ground and players a massive lift.

Especially against ten men. You’re bound to get a couple of chances in that amount of time. Wether you take them or not is another story.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

And also for the winner the two defenders who appealed for a throw, and when they didn’t get it they went to argue with the Lino and left Benson free on the touchline for the quick throw. Schoolboy stuff.

Yeah ridiculous. That Benson is rapid, hard not to admire. You can see the City influence with Kompany. Wingers cutting in and getting to the byline, crosses and cutbacks a plenty. Wears teams down.

Edited by BigBar

Just now, BigBar said:

These countless last minute winners and never ending injury/added time are as hateable as the United team under Fergie back in the day. Makes you feel sick. Seeing 10 mins going up gifts the whole ground and players a massive lift.

13 minutes!

They scored in the 100th minute.

Ten out of ten for resilience and being the scabbiest bastards in the league. I once said on here that their luck will run out one day but I was so wrong. Barely any injuries, getting lucky breaks, matches lasting ten minutes longer than the average match, and have a decent kitty to dip into if things ever go badly.

• Like 2

Just now, BigBar said:

Yeah ridiculous. That Benson is rapid, hard not to admire. You can see the City influence with Kompany. Wingers cutting in and getting to the byline, crosses and cutbacks a plenty. Wears teams down.

It’s the way to play. There’s nothing harder to deal with as a defender than players getting around the sides of your back four and putting crosses in. Especially at this level. Trying to stay with the guy you’re supposed to be marking when you’re running back towards your own goal is really difficult.

6 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Only 4 teams in the top half won over this round of fixtures. Burnley, Sheff U, Watford and Preston. I'd take that after our loss last night. Not many took advantage and gained ground.

Yeap, I hope peoples frustrations at Burnley are because we don’t like them & not because they are 1st & we’re 2nd.

Pains me to say it but we arnt close to Them & wont be come the end of the season. Teams we need to keep an eye on are 6th & 7th. Even with that I think we will slowly fall down the league.

As a whole, Yeap, results have gone our way so makes last night a slight let off.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeap, I hope peoples frustrations at Burnley are because we don’t like them & not that we will catch them up…

Pains me to say it but we arnt close to Them & wont be come the end of the season. Teams we need to keep an eye on are 6th & 7th. Even with that I think we will slowly fall down the league.

If we can field our best eleven in their correct positions we’re good enough to get a result there. No more experiments though. Don’t forget they came with an ace of losing tonight at home against the mighty Rotherham. They aren’t Barcelona.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Bleeding heck lads I’m supposed to be on a timeout but can’t ignore some of the saltiness.

Firstly couldn’t go tonight as I’m man down with COVID - really floored me as well - so watched on TV. The issue with the 10 minutes isn’t that ref gave it - they had the trainer on half a dozen times, plus subs and goals etc, the issue is that to often refs don’t give it. We got 9 given against WBA for a lot lot less. The red was a second yellow and a stupid challenge. We shot ourselves in the foot for their goals but created more than enough to win 2 games. Finally great teams play to the end and get their rewards. This team is slowly beginning to look half decent. That said I thought Rotherham caused us problems.

Short turnaround for us now - think we will struggle to get a point on Saturday.

Our game should be high scoring, we will give you plenty of chances so the question becomes can you stop our forward players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we can field our best eleven in their correct positions we’re good enough to get a result their. Don’t forget they came with an ace of losing tonight at home against the mighty Rotherham. They aren’t Barcelona.

I personally think we will Surprise them on the day of the derby. Especially with how confident they are - I’m talking about the rest of the season. If we carry on our awful  away performances then we will slowly creep down the league. They’ve lost like one game…if they carry that on there’s only one place they’re going.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

Bleeding heck lads I’m supposed to be on a timeout but can’t ignore some of the saltiness.

Firstly couldn’t go tonight as I’m man down with COVID - really floored me as well - so watched on TV. The issue with the 10 minutes isn’t that ref gave it - they had the trainer on half a dozen times, plus subs and goals etc, the issue is that to often refs don’t give it. We got 9 given against WBA for a lot lot less. The red was a second yellow and a stupid challenge. We shot ourselves in the foot for their goals but created more than enough to win 2 games. Finally great teams play to the end and get their rewards. This team is slowly beginning to look half decent. That said I thought Rotherham caused us problems.

Short turnaround for us now - think we will struggle to get a point on Saturday.

Our game should be high scoring, we will give you plenty of chances so the question becomes can you stop our forward players. 

We'll score fuck all if Tomasson has Vale and Hirst as his main strikers and Brereton glued to the wing.

• Like 3