BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

11 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

It's what you need to climb out of this league if you haven't spent millions on players - hungry recuits who are looking to put themselves in the shop window. There is a glut of talent in the Premier League that can't get a game despite having the ability. Our scouting team need to gen up on the out of limelight player pool and tap some shoulders way ahead of any transfer season in the summer.

I think we just need to stop knocking on Liverpools door. We've been doing ever since Harvey Elliot. Clearly someone at the club feels we've created a good connection with Liverpool but its just lazy. It feels a dead cert we'll loan a player from Liverpool every season.

Some of the best loan players in the division are from lower Premier League clubs. Tella, Smallbone, Ki-Jana Hoever, Archer, Ramsey, Simms, Giles. The loans we've had most success with last year were from Brighton. 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Not so sure about that. They couldn't beat Rotherham at home. 

I know some are expecting us to bottle it (with fair reason), but I think Norwich could turn out to be the biggest bottlers in the run in.

They've had some ropey results recently and haven't been playing well. Losing against Sunderland. Drawing at Huddersfield. Not being able to beat Rotherham. Battered tonight, though it was a tough game.

I think they are being viewed more favourably than they should be, by Championship fans in general, based on a comfortable win at Ewood. We were crap on the day which is why they won so comfortably. I'm expecting them to make a right mess of their remaining games, based on how they looked before and after beating us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Not so sure about that. They couldn't beat Rotherham at home. 

Norwich are very much like us. Pull the rabbit out of the hat when you fear a loss and stumble when the games look simple. They also miss loads of chances they make.

They probably should make 70 points as you say and our aim must be to get to 71 at least.

The Norwich centre half, Gibson was a guest on Sky last night and is still injured although he said he hopes to be fit for their last match. Hanley is out for the season too which leaves them really short, as demonstrated by shipping five last night. They have to win three of their last four realistically but for me Nobbers are more of a threat to us. They have hit form and don't concede many. One game at a time though and it will be a nervy afternoon today watching the scores come through.

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The Norwich centre half, Gibson was a guest on Sky last night and is still injured although he said he hopes to be fit for their last match. Hanley is out for the season too which leaves them really short, as demonstrated by shipping five last night. They have to win three of their last four realistically but for me Nobbers are more of a threat to us. They have hit form and don't concede many. One game at a time though and it will be a nervy afternoon today watching the scores come through.

Just win our games, then there are no worries how anyone else gets on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

They have, but equally they've not really beaten anyone decent in their recent spell. Which isn't to say that they won't go on to beat a few good teams and finish above Rovers, but I'm not sure they're quite making the charge on the top 6 that their results suggest.

And they have a load of injuries now. Having said that, if they get a result at Millwall today then I'll sit up and take notice. 

13 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

They have, but equally they've not really beaten anyone decent in their recent spell. Which isn't to say that they won't go on to beat a few good teams and finish above Rovers, but I'm not sure they're quite making the charge on the top 6 that their results suggest.

And they have a load of injuries now. Having said that, if they get a result at Millwall today then I'll sit up and take notice. 

At this time of the season I look at form and if any teams have momentum and I see out of our group Nobbers. I don't believe there are any foregone conclusions in the Championship as any team can beat any other as happens regularly. Let's get today out of the way, evaluate where we are and move on to the next game. Right now all that matters is winning tonight for me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, philipl said:

The visit to Millwall is a do or die game for PNE.

Lose and they are considerable oursiders for top 6.

Win and they displace Millwall as the "what are they doing there?" club in possession of a top 6 place.

Preston have had an easy ride of fixtures recently so let's see if they can go away and beat a side that have had a decent season so far.

13 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I know some are expecting us to bottle it (with fair reason), but I think Norwich could turn out to be the biggest bottlers in the run in.

They've had some ropey results recently and haven't been playing well. Losing against Sunderland. Drawing at Huddersfield. Not being able to beat Rotherham. Battered tonight, though it was a tough game.

To be fair they haven’t been playing well for a long while and haven’t really been in the top 6 during 2023. To bottle it you’d have to look like you were more than likely to be in the top 6 come May and then fail. I’d say only us and Millwall could ‘bottle it’.

Switch on the Sheff utd vs Cardiff game and the first thing I see is a Sheffield player intentionally hurting a Cardiff player.

Along with their illegal abuse of the transfer market, it makes you wonder how they are second doesn't it.

Edit: a moment later Berget intentionally brings down a player when Cardiff are in a 3 v 2 situation. Yellow card.

Edited by booth

1 minute ago, booth said:

Switch on the Sheff utd vs Cardiff game and the first thing I see is a Sheffield player intentionally hurting a Cardiff player.

Along with their illegal abuse of the transfer market, it makes you wonder how they are second doesn't it.

Aren't they part owned by war criminals or something like that?

Just now, Upside Down said:

Aren't they part owned by war criminals or something like that?

On the evidence of the last couple of minutes, this lot should be charged with war crimes.

And another foul, tackle from behind.