BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Please tell me that Graham Scott is not refereeing us in any of our remaining games.

What enjoyment does he get from being a complete plank.

He looks too old to be refereeing anything other than a Sunday league game! He was blowing out of his arse for most of the match.

Anyway, tonights's ref is Tim Robinson. The same guy who reffed our cup games with Leicester & Sheff Utd (where he failed to show a 2nd yellow to Jack Robinson). He also took charge of our games with Coventry & Bristol City (both away) earlier in the season sending off Jake Garret & Daniel Ayala in the process. Garret's was subsequently rescinded and, imo, Ayala's was a couple of soft yellows. This f*cker owes us one!!

(think I'll also add this to the match thread)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, windymiller7 said:

He looks too old to be refereeing anything other than a Sunday league game! He was blowing out of his arse for most of the match.

Anyway, tonights's ref is Tim Robinson. The same guy who reffed our cup games with Leicester & Sheff Utd (where he failed to show a 2nd yellow to Jack Robinson). He also took charge of our games with Coventry & Bristol City (both away) earlier in the season sending off Jake Garret & Daniel Ayala in the process. Garret's was subsequently rescinded and, imo, Ayala's was a couple of soft yellows. This f*cker owes us one!!

He missed the Leicester player kicking out at a Rovers player near the end of that game also.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Amazed he passed what poses as a fitness test in the PL/EFL

Last night he saw and ignored late on a Luton player intent on time wasting aim a kick at  a Boro player who relieved him of the ball. The kick may have actually made some contact with the Boro player but it had more intent that for example the soft Buckley red card.

The penalty he gifted Luton should haunt him ... It won't.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Amazed he passed what poses as a fitness test in the PL.

Last night he saw and ignored late on a Luton player intent on time wasting aim a kick at  a Boro player who relieved him of the ball. The kick may have actually made some contact with the Boro player but it had more intent that for example the soft Buckley red card.

The penalty he gifted Luton should haunt him ... It won't.

Referees like Scott have benefited hugely from the dearth of quality, in other words when he was promoted he was the best of a bad bunch. An ever increasing budget (probably more than a lot of full time EFL clubs), two groups of full time officials (four if you include the linesmen), plenty of full and part time coaches, physiotherapists, sports psychologists and other ancillary staff and can anybody say that the standard is any better. I think there are too many manufactured referees who don't have a feel for the game. I saw one on Sunday refereeing our under 21's. At my age I could have refereed it with no hassle but this bloke had four yellow cards when the game didn't need any and gave City an outrageous penalty when one of their players was blown over by a gust of wind. I worked with Howard Webb many times as we came through together but he has the devil's own job to improve the standard. As an old colleague used to say to me "you can't weave without weft" .

• Like 6

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

Referees like Scott have benefited hugely from the dearth of quality, in other words when he was promoted he was the best of a bad bunch. An ever increasing budget (probably more than a lot of full time EFL clubs), two groups of full time officials (four if you include the linesmen), plenty of full and part time coaches, physiotherapists, sports psychologists and other ancillary staff and can anybody say that the standard is any better. I think there are too many manufactured referees who don't have a feel for the game. I saw one on Sunday refereeing our under 21's. At my age I could have refereed it with no hassle but this bloke had four yellow cards when the game didn't need any and gave City an outrageous penalty when one of their players was blown over by a gust of wind. I worked with Howard Webb many times as we came through together but he has the devil's own job to improve the standard. As an old colleague used to say to me "you can't weave without weft" .

Is that the same Howard Webb that officiated the obviously fixed match between Rovers and West Ham?

14 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

This aged quick after todays performance.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2023 at 09:00, windymiller7 said:

He looks too old to be refereeing anything other than a Sunday league game! He was blowing out of his arse for most of the match.

I can understand your confusion but I think that was his face…

• Like 2

Michael Carrick made a very valid point in his post match interview.

Premier League referees rely on Var to correct their mistakes so they don't have to worry about decisions. When these same referees come down to the championship they make the same bad decisions but there is no VAR to help them out.

I don't like VAR and accept refs make bad calls sometimes but refs who rely on VAR shouldn't be reffing games without VAR.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, philipl said:

Sheffield United v West Brom tonight.

Home win promotes Sheffield United giving Luton less to.play for when they come to Ewood and means West Brom can't catch us IF we win our two matches.

Lots of permutations as to who will get 5th and 6th.  

Here is who everyone has to play. Coventry are the only team who's fixtures are against sides who aren't in the hunt (Boro are already assured a playoff spot).

5             Coventry City                    44           +10        66           B’ham (H), Boro (A)

6             Sunderland                       44         +10          65           Watford (H), PNE (A)

7             Millwall                             44         +7            65           B’pool (A), Rovers (H)

8             Blackburn Rovers             44           -3            65           Luton (H), Millwall (A)

9             West Brom                       43           +8           63           Sheff Utd (A), Norwich (H), Swansea (A)

10           Preston North End           44           -8            63           Sheff Utd (A), Sunderland (H)

11           Norwich City                    44           +5           62           WBA (A), B’pool (H),

12           Swansea City                   44           +3           62           Hull (A), WBA (H)

13           Watford                           44           +1           59           S’land (A), Stoke (H)

3 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Lots of permutations as to who will get 5th and 6th.  

Here is who everyone has to play. Coventry are the only team who's fixtures are against sides who aren't in the hunt (Boro are already assured a playoff spot).

5             Coventry City                    44           +10        66           B’ham (H), Boro (A)

6             Sunderland                       44         +10          65           Watford (H), PNE (A)

7             Millwall                             44         +7            65           B’pool (A), Rovers (H)

8             Blackburn Rovers             44           -3            65           Luton (H), Millwall (A)

9             West Brom                       43           +8           63           Sheff Utd (A), Norwich (H), Swansea (A)

10           Preston North End           44           -8            63           Sheff Utd (A), Sunderland (H)

11           Norwich City                    44           +5           62           WBA (A), B’pool (H),

12           Swansea City                   44           +3           62           Hull (A), WBA (H)

13           Watford                           44           +1           59           S’land (A), Stoke (H)

Watford can’t make it (as we’re playing Millwall)

• Like 1

IF, and it's an enormous feckin IF, Rovers somehow manage two wins, I think it would be enough.

My forecast:

• Coventry 70 points
  • Sunderland 69 points
  • Millwall 68 points
  • WBA 67 points
  • PNE 65 points

They say it's the hope that kills you............................!!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IF, and it's an enormous feckin IF, Rovers somehow manage two wins, I think it would be enough.

My forecast:

• Coventry 70 points
  • Sunderland 69 points
  • Millwall 68 points
  • WBA 67 points
  • PNE 65 points

They say it's the hope that kills you............................!!!

Like some of us have been saying its still wide open for the last 2 playoffs spots and still plenty to play for. 

You just got to look at who got to play who still. 

Wednesday 26th April 

Sheffield vs West Brom

Friday 28th April 

Blackpool Millwall 

Saturday 29th April

Coventry vs Birmingham 

Sheffield United vs Preston

Sunderland vs Watford

West Brom vs Norwich

Monday 1st May

Rovers vs Luton

Monday 8th May 

Boro vs Coventry

Millwall vs Rovers

Preston vs Sunderland 

Swansea vs West Brom

Edited by chaddyrovers

I’m still going over predictive scores of the teams in my head, just can’t help myself! I think if we can beat Luton and Blackpool beat or draw with Millwall, we’ll have a great chance. Millwall will have to beat us last game to overtake us so we can hit them on the break. 

Edited by Gordon Gekko

So the 2 biggest shithouses in the championship are going up.

One that can’t count and submit its books on time and one that refuses to pay for players.

Football, don’t you just love it…..

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Gav said:

So the 2 biggest shithouses in the championship are going up.

One that can’t count and submit its books on time and one that refuses to pay for players.

Football, don’t you just love it…..

the fit and proper person test for owning a football club is as much use as chocolate fireguard

Sheff United are not wonderful but they usually find a way to win. West Brom have been the better team tonight. I think Sheff will struggle next season without spending some serious money. There's a lack of quality in their team. 

• Like 2