BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

What I can't get my head round is, people (no-one in particular) complaining about season ticket disadvantages, then still buying one. If you don't like the product , don't buy it.

Which is exactly what is happening if sales end up as bad as I believe they will…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

What I can't get my head round is, people (no-one in particular) complaining about season ticket disadvantages, then still buying one. If you don't like the product , don't buy it.

This season was the first one where my match-going has been seriously inconvienced by games being moved by Sky.

I'm hoping it's a one-off due to the fact we started the season so well, although its still bizarre we have been on more than any other club.

If the same happened next season, and with this TV deal also on the horizon, then I probably would look at not renewing.

Edited by Hasta

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I was going to mention away games but you’ve beaten me to it.

12:30 at Plymouth, or Ipswich, or Norwich, or Millwall, or Swansea, or Cardiff… is inconvenient whether a week or a year notice is given.

‘There are none so blind as those who will not see’

Sky and EFL are going to announce the fixtures up to the first round of the FA cup before the season starts probably around 3rd week/4th week of June just after the fixtures have been announce. 

I think we will see kick offs at Friday night 8pm, Saturday 12.30pm, Saturday 17.30pm and Sunday 12pm plus maybe either another one at 12.30pm on Saturday or Saturday 7.45pm. 

What did people think of the Saturday night football and kicking off at 7.45pm? 

47 minutes ago, rigger said:

Supporting a football club is not quite the same as swapping your coffee brand. There is an emotional attachment to Rovers that you just don't quite get with nescafe. 

I'm surprised anyone can't get their head around that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Supporting a football club is not quite the same as swapping your coffee brand. There is an emotional attachment to Rovers that you just don't quite get with nescafe. 

I'm surprised anyone can't get their head around that. 

Having supported the Rovers for over 50 years, I am well aware of the emotional attachements. I have given up my season ticket in favor of cherry-picking games that I attend. 

PS. I am more of a tea drinker than coffee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Having supported the Rovers for over 50 years, I am well aware of the emotional attachements. I have given up my season ticket in favor of cherry-picking games that I attend. 

PS. I am more of a tea drinker than coffee.

So you've answered your own conundrum then. 

10 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

So you've answered your own conundrum then. 

No I haven't.

I understand the dilema, I just don't understand some peoples actions. If a person is happy with the season ticket, fine. But don't also, complain about them. If you are not happy with the season tickets, don't buy them.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rigger said:

No I haven't.

I understand the dilema, I just don't understand some peoples actions. If a person is happy with the season ticket, fine. But don't also, complain about them. If you are not happy with the season tickets, don't buy them.

Why does buying one remove all scope to be able to criticise? Are we allowed to moan when we play shit considering we chose to support the club in the first place?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, arbitro said:

I bought one because I enjoy going with family members and given my circumstances I can afford one.  My (and lots of others who have also bought them) concern is that Waggott is freezing lots of fans out who can't afford them with his pricing structure and lack of understanding of others circumstances. Many would like to buy the 'product' but simply can't afford it. I complain because I want to see Ewood with bigger crowds and atmosphere.

Its not a lack of understanding, its the fact he simply doesn't give a fuck about anyone or anything other his own self.

• Like 1

Phenomenal effort by Mowbray at Sunderland, a team that finished 5th in division 1 last season to be on the brink of the Premiership this season, limited budget and striker injured for most of the season!

Tremendous effort. 

• Like 1

It shows how even a league this has been when had Reading not had the points deduction, Cardiff would have gone down on 49 points.

That’s pretty high. Not quite the 51 we went down with but surely the highest it has been since.

29 minutes ago, Gav said:

Phenomenal effort by Mowbray at Sunderland, a team that finished 5th in division 1 last season to be on the brink of the Premiership this season, limited budget and striker injured for most of the season!

Tremendous effort. 

Ipswich could be similarly competitive next year I think. 

• Backroom

How badly this near miss hurts will depend on how the playoffs go.

If Luton and Boro sail thro to the final, as expected, then it's quite easy to take.

But if other things start happening, it's going to be a bitter pill to swallow. 

I'm very uneasy that the pain and suffering hasn't finished yet, despite the final whistle being blown on our season. 

13 minutes ago, Silas said:

How badly this near miss hurts will depend on how the playoffs go.

If Luton and Boro sail thro to the final, as expected, then it's quite easy to take.

But if other things start happening, it's going to be a bitter pill to swallow. 

I'm very uneasy that the pain and suffering hasn't finished yet, despite the final whistle being blown on our season. 

Sunderland drew both their games with Luton 1-1 this season.

Coventry beat Boro 1-0 at home and drew away.

Pain and suffering is a plausible outcome.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Luton will go two goals up at the Stadium of Light after 14 minutes only for Sunderland to come back to o win 4-2. 
In the second leg Sunderland will win 1-2 after Luton get the first goal. 
They will play Middlesbrough in the final and win 1-0 with a dubious penalty awarded by a referee who has given the naff all in the past. 
And where have you seen this before?

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, superniko said:

Ipswich could be similarly competitive next year I think. 

Definitely, they've got the infrastructure, owners willing to back the manager and a manager who really knows what he's doing. If JDT left then McKenna would be an ideal replacement - although truthfully there wouldn't be much point in him trading Ipswich for us. 

• Backroom
On 29/04/2023 at 17:31, Jakey said:

Sunderland getting a point might be a good thing as if Sunderland beat Preston then a point would not be enough for Millwall against us - so if we manage to beat Luton then both teams would be out for the win - that might just be the type of crazy game we could come out on top in. If Millwall only needed a point I could see them sitting in and us really struggling to break them down 

As it turns out - it wasn’t a good thing 😞 

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

As it turns out - it wasn’t a good thing 😞 

Yep but it was the crazy game that I thought it would be - not getting 3 points against Luton was the problem rather than Sunderland getting a point