BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't have BT sport and I have very little interest in Champs league. 

It's 2023 you don't have to pay to watch sports these days,there's other ways of seeing it.Strange for you to say you have no interest in seeing some of the worlds best players play,you'd rather watch as you say it a bore fest

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Middlesboro seem reluctant to either shoot or cross. Seems familiar.

Weird isn't it, injury time and they are still passing it to each other around the box instead of cracking it.

4 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

It's 2023 you don't have to pay to watch sports these days,there's other ways of seeing it.Strange for you to say you have no interest in seeing some of the worlds best players play,you'd rather watch as you say it a bore fest

I pay for Sky Sports thanks. No value in having BT Sport. Very little in watching Champions league and have done for years now. Also other leagues they covered I have no interest anymore. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I pay for Sky Sports thanks. No value in having BT Sport. Very little in watching Champions league and have done for years now. Also other leagues they covered I have no interest anymore. 

You're missing out just restricting yourself to watching just English Football,not just the actual game.i love experiencing the atmospheres you get in different countries.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

You're missing out just restricting yourself to watching just English Football,not just the actual game.i love experiencing the atmospheres you get in different countries.

I ain't missing out thanks. 

I sometimes watch German or Scottish football but Serie A isn't good now like 30 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

One of Coventry or Luton on their way to the Premier League. Coventry who were in League Two six years ago, only been back in the Championship a couple of seasons and were in such dire financial straits at the start of the season that they sold us their best defender on the cheap just to get by. They've struggled recently to even find a stadium to play in. No wonder we can't compete, right? What chance does our club have against a powerhouse like that? And let's not point to Gyokeres - he was bought for something like £1m whilst we pissed a combined £12m up the wall on Brereton and Gallagher. Meanwhile Luton and their 10,000 seater stadium are in their second playoff campaign, having also been in League Two as of six years ago. Beyond our abilities to compete with them either, clearly.

In the meantime we haven't had a single playoff appearance in the 10+ years since we were relegated. Just on an endless "journey" to nowhere under a succession of nearly men. People championing this season where we finished 7th on 69 points as the most memorable ever season under Venky's, which says it all. 

No shade being thrown at Luton or Coventry here for the record, fair play to them for what they are achieving against the odds, amazing effort by both clubs - but give over with the excuses for Venky's, Mowbray and everyone else. Don't tell me we can't compete whilst Luton or Coventry are about to get promoted. The only reason we aren't competing like they are is because the club has been and continues to be owned by clueless fools and staffed with people at the top levels lacking any kind of drive or motivation. Excluding JDT from that for the record.

I hope I live long enough to see Venky's sell this club so that we have an actual chance to thrive again. I say that as someone in their mid-30s, but it genuinely feels like they're going to go on owning us for decades at this point. Never even a whisper of a remotely serious inclination to sell and finally end this dark chapter of Rovers' history. 

What a great post

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

One of Coventry or Luton on their way to the Premier League. Coventry who were in League Two six years ago, only been back in the Championship a couple of seasons and were in such dire financial straits at the start of the season that they sold us their best defender on the cheap just to get by. They've struggled recently to even find a stadium to play in. No wonder we can't compete, right? What chance does our club have against a powerhouse like that? And let's not point to Gyokeres - he was bought for something like £1m whilst we pissed a combined £12m up the wall on Brereton and Gallagher. Meanwhile Luton and their 10,000 seater stadium are in their second playoff campaign, having also been in League Two as of six years ago. Beyond our abilities to compete with them either, clearly.

In the meantime we haven't had a single playoff appearance in the 10+ years since we were relegated. Just on an endless "journey" to nowhere under a succession of nearly men. People championing this season where we finished 7th on 69 points as the most memorable ever season under Venky's, which says it all. 

No shade being thrown at Luton or Coventry here for the record, fair play to them for what they are achieving against the odds, amazing effort by both clubs - but give over with the excuses for Venky's, Mowbray and everyone else. Don't tell me we can't compete whilst Luton or Coventry are about to get promoted. The only reason we aren't competing like they are is because the club has been and continues to be owned by clueless fools and staffed with people at the top levels lacking any kind of drive or motivation. Excluding JDT from that for the record.

I hope I live long enough to see Venky's sell this club so that we have an actual chance to thrive again. I say that as someone in their mid-30s, but it genuinely feels like they're going to go on owning us for decades at this point. Never even a whisper of a remotely serious inclination to sell and finally end this dark chapter of Rovers' history. 

Terrific post!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

We allegedly picked their pocket for Hyam. 
But they’ve just got to Wembley with 2 clean sheets against Boro. 

Maybe it’s the Coventry scouts and recruitment team we should be after 

But dont forget if it wasn't for their "keeper" pushing the ball into the net against us, Rovers would be in playoffs.

The incident was mentioned by sky commentary team tonight. 

• Like 2