BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Data so far suggests we're holding shape more effectively without the ball and pressing less in the final 20% of the pitch. Allowing us to intercept and break up play more. Will suit playing Swansea who'll want a lot of ball. Got to be effective on the counter and take our chances but this is definitely a winnable game. Would potentially consider the 3-4-3 to match them a bit, but can see the value in sticking with the formula for now.

Kaminski

Brittain
Ayala
Wharton
Pickering

Travis
Buckley

Brereton Díaz
Szmodics
Hedges

Vale

To start for me. Get Dack & Dolan on around 60 mins and potentially move Szmod to RW.

Good team .

I would bring on Gallagher to see out the game in last 20 minutes if we are leading..

Dack if we are losing .

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We need better than both as our main striker if we want to do well this season.

Totally agree, I think we need a 9 more than we need a CB personally.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We 100% need both critically to be honest.

For me, I would say. Ideally we could do with both, if we don't get either, it won't be the end of the world. I don't think we are  anywhere near, critically needing both. 

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

For me, I would say. Ideally we could do with both, if we don't get either, it won't be the end of the world. I don't think we are  anywhere near, critically needing both. 

They are critical if we have any ambition of doing anything decent this season I would say.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously, but the purpose of this forum is for us to share our opinions.

And we both have. To quote the great Brian Clough. If we have a disagreement, we can sit down and discuss it, then we will both agree, I was right. 

Edited by rigger

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No it’s called a forum to debate Blackburn Rovers. I disagreed with your view, it’s what happens, but it’s something you never take kindly to.

I don't take kindly to straw man arguments where you twist words, create situations and then claim innocence and marvel at the response you get. Read back what was said, at least try and see why you might be ruffling feathers.

"This is the problem with just using data"
Nobody mentioned data.

"This is why you can't say Vale is far superior to Gallagher"
Nobody claimed that.

@Mattybluebut instead of acknowledging those two major mishaps, you quote tweet short bits & continue to provoke. Going on ignore, suggest you do the same for me.

So it was your opinion I disagreed with? Not your data? Fair enough. I still disagree with you.

Never have put someone on ignore, never will. 

Hopefully you’ll learn how to have a robust debate at some point without throwing a wobbler…

Edited by Mattyblue

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Annoyingly can't upload clips onto here because the file size limit is very small. But so much movement and linking up play. Something we see little of from Sam.

Should be sorted for you now. 

3 hours ago, Finlay McKenna said:

There’s pros and cons to both Gallagher and Vale, I’m indifferent really one which one I prefer up top.

Me too. I think on balance I would like my number 9 to have a shot on target occasionally, and take things from there.

Based on my visual data, of course😁

Maybe I'm old fashioned in that regard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Me too. I think on balance I would like my number 9 to have a shot on target occasionally, and take things from there.

Based on my visual data, of course😁

Maybe I'm old fashioned in that regard.

Again, no data scouting was mentioned in any way until one certain poster pretended it happened. Nothing better than the eye on things like movement & link up

9 hours ago, Finlay McKenna said:

There’s pros and cons to both Gallagher and Vale, I’m indifferent really one which one I prefer up top.

I agree, think we definitely need another option up there. Goalscorers are the hardest thing to find on the market though, no one springs to mind for me. Rhys Healey from Toulouse maybe, he seems to have come on leaps and bounds since his early days. 

Playing where he did, Vale will simply be judged on either goals or assists I'm afraid, no matter how many 'link ups' he has under his belt.

Not criticism at all, just how 99% of football fans will view it.

I've already backed him to both play and score at Swansea earlier in the thread too....

18 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Playing where he did, Vale will simply be judged on either goals or assists I'm afraid, no matter how many 'link ups' he has under his belt.

Not criticism at all, just how 99% of football fans will view it.

I've already backed him to both play and score at Swansea earlier in the thread too....

Hmmm, maybe he can be judged aka Firmino on his ability to link up play and assist the assisters though…I must say I didn’t see the same stuff Joe did on Saturday from Vale but I will 100% look for it this weekend….

And…in all fairness to Vale, his career so far tells us that if/when he gets a chance, he’ll probably bury it! He Is more of a natural finisher than Gally, that’s for sure!

On 31/07/2022 at 19:54, rigger said:

At £32.50 a ticket, I won't be going

Count me among the absentees, too. I can't remember for certain; but I'm as sure as I can be that I didn't pay more than £25 for the midweek game at theirs 2 - 3 seasons ago.

And as one who's been known to bear grudges - but only in a good cause, you understand! - I still haven't fully forgiven Swansea for pipping Howard Kendall's team on goal difference to a second consecutive promotion at the end of the 1980/81 season.

Not their team, you understand; but the way their fans took the mickey out of any vehicle going north "flying" a blue & white scarf as they made their jubilant way back south from Deepdale.

Mind you, I'd probably have been as bad if the situation had been reversed. And it is 42 seasons ago now, I suppose ...

• Like 1