BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

Very interested to see who the 18 are. If for no other reason to nip the Dack rumors now, I’d go with.  

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala S.Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Hedges Dack Brereton Diaz

Vale

Subs:- Pears, Phillips, Edun, Morton, Gallagher, Dolan, Szmodics

to be honest in rather Markanday than Gallagher but I know that’s never going to happen.  Szmodics on for Dack or Vale at half.  I also think Edun only gets a place out of necessary cover.  I think he’s the weakest of the non CB options.  With Morton here he’s only cover for left back  

Edited by yankfan

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you the read properly then I said the squad I think JDT will pick. 

No one has given up on him but they are questions whether he fits into JDT's style of play and what he wants from his number 10. 

I have based on what Ive seen the pitch and from JDT's comments. I havent based on Paul Mani's comments. 

There is huge questions on whether Dack can fit into JDT's style of play and wants from the number 10. If you can't recognise that fair enough but I don't see JDT changing his tactics or style for Dack

If it was the old Dack he might. However we still await the return of the old Dack.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If it was the old Dack he might. However we still await the return of the old Dack.

When I was an apprentice, I was sent to the stores for a long weight.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

On 04/08/2022 at 12:55, Mellor Rover said:

My team for the Swans:

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Dolan Szmodics Brereton

Gallagher

Subs: Pears, Phillips, Edun, Morton, Dack, Hedges, Vale

I wouldn't like to predict the team JDT is going to pick. I don't know his tendencies yet, but he did start Gallagher out on the right which is worrying.

Did Hedges do enough to keep his place? Did Gallagher? Did Vale? Surely Szmodic and Brereton start. The rest of the team picks itself at the moment.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I wouldn't like to predict the team JDT is going to pick. I don't know his tendencies yet, but he did start Gallagher out on the right which is worrying.

Did Hedges do enough to keep his place? Did Gallagher? Did Vale? Surely Szmodic and Brereton start. The rest of the team picks itself at the moment.

I think Szmodic might be on the bench tomorrow. That’s what managers do these days.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

On the flip side, JDT wants the strike force-four to roam freely which means less emphasis on where they indepentently start on paper.

If it were down to me I'd drop Hedges and Gallagher for Markanday and Dack but I expect Vale will be scapegoated and dropped after one game and replaced by Szmodic and that Gallagher who was far worse than Vale on the day will retain his place.

That's what would have happened under Mowbray anyway, let's see if JDT views things differently.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If it were down to me I'd drop Hedges and Gallagher for Markanday and Dack but I expect Vale will be scapegoated and dropped after one game and replaced by Szmodic and that Gallagher who was far worse than Vale on the day will retain his place.

That's what would have happened under Mowbray anyway, let's see if JDT views things differently.

Seems gaffers really like Gallys work ethic and willingness to track back. It’s hard for us to over look just how poor his technical ability is…but it’s often better for the team to have a less skilled player committed to the system than a skilled player that doesn’t want to accept their defensive roles. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Markanday is starting for the reserves so won't be playing 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No Markanday tomorrow, hes with the kids tonight.

Curious one that - came with a lot of fanfare, but is looking like a flop at the moment.

Vale has played well enough in pre-season to earn a start and Markanday couldn't get off the bench at the weekend and is with the U21s today.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Curious one that - came with a lot of fanfare, but is looking like a flop at the moment.

Vale has played well enough in pre-season to earn a start and Markanday couldn't get off the bench at the weekend and is with the U21s today.

I wouldn't say a young player who can't nail down a first team spot, is a flop. Maybe his time hasn't arrived yet. I think to play him in the U21s is better than trying to force him into the first team, if the manager thinks he is not ready for it.  

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Vale has impressed JDT alot on pre season and I rate him highly, Tho I am very surprised by Markanday isn't playing more under JDT as I thought he would suit his style of play and how he wants his wide players to play. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I guess JDT really doesn't rate him much. We can make 5 subs and he's not considered good enough for a place on the bench?

Don't think that's the case. Sounds like we'll see the fringe players featuring for the u21s to keep then up to speed quite often this season.

• Like 1

Since the U-21’s are going to be trying to play the same style that JDT wants to implement, I don’t think he’s a write off just yet. I think we’ll see quite a few players flitting between the two set ups. If he isn’t in his immediate plans, it’s probably more beneficial for him to get some minutes in for the ‘reserves’ as just training every week will only get you so far. I get the impression now that the youngsters will be given a chance if they impress. 

On the 5 subs thing; I don’t think he would have got anytime tomorrow, I think there are a few ahead of him and if last week is anything to go by, JDT isn’t one to throw loads of subs on, unless we were really coasting and he’d maybe get 10/20 minutes. We’ve got quite a few midfielders that will be hoping for get on the pitch at some point tomorrow. 

Edited by Dan
  • Like 1

On 04/08/2022 at 12:45, rigger said:

That fateful day in May. The Nobbers let us down.

The Nobbers didn't intend to let us down. They just couldn't win that game to prevent their own relegation. They were rank bad.  

Nothing changes where PNE are concerned. 🤣

• Like 1

Kaminski

Brittain      Ayala    Wharton    Pickering

Travis    Buckley

Brereton-Diaz  Szmodics   Hedges

Gallagher

1-3, debut goal for Sammie and Diaz and Dack with the other 2.

• Like 5