v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Kaminski

Brittain      Ayala    Wharton    Pickering

Travis    Buckley

Brereton-Diaz  Szmodics   Hedges

Gallagher

1-3, debut goal for Sammie and Diaz and Dack with the other 2.

I'd love to see us try Brereton-Diaz up front in place of Gally, with Dolan on the right.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Markanday, Harlock and Carter Will not play tomorrow. Smodiczs, Morton and Phillips to replace,

Any way I consider it, jdt should pick a strong 11. 

I hope Dacky gets at least 60 sometime soon. But, after the two injuries he’s had, no way will he ever be as good as he used to be. 

1-1. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Kaminski

Brittain      Ayala    Wharton    Pickering

Travis    Buckley

Brereton-Diaz  Szmodics   Hedges

Gallagher

1-3, debut goal for Sammie and Diaz and Dack with the other 2.

That's more like it.

• Backroom
12 hours ago, neophox said:

Markanday, Harlock and Carter Will not play tomorrow. Smodiczs, Morton and Phillips to replace,

7 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Any way I consider it, jdt should pick a strong 11. 

I hope Dacky gets at least 60 sometime soon. But, after the two injuries he’s had, no way will he ever be as good as he used to be. 

1-1. 

I think the players mentioned will be picked for the Hartlepool game.

As we're in uncharted territory (obviously JDT has more clue than me), I'd rather prioritise the league for now to build up a solid base of points.

Target the FA Cup if we want a cup run.

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think the players mentioned will be picked for the Hartlepool game.

As we're in uncharted territory (obviously JDT has more clue than me), I'd rather prioritise the league for now to build up a solid base of points.

Target the FA Cup if we want a cup run.

Target every game.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

I'd love to see us try Brereton-Diaz up front in place of Gally, with Dolan on the right.

Yeah that would work too. I quite like Dolan coming on after an hour though, imagine as a defender being knackered and then seeing that bundle of energy being brought on 😱

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No Markanday tomorrow, hes with the kids tonight.

And hopefully in the League Cup game v. Hartlepool next week.

Surely that'll be the game to give him and some others who may not have played in either League game an opportunity to impress.

1 hour ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Be a bit of statement winning here. I know I could google, but when was the last time we won there? I don't think we have at the new ground?

Rovers actually played in the first ever game at the new Liberty Stadium in a pre-season friendly back in 2005. They won 4-1. Slim pickings since then.

• Like 1

Don't know why but I'm really nervous about this game, I wasn't for the QPR match but for this one I am, can't shake the feeling we are going to look poor up top and our system to fail us today, really hope I'm wrong.

Would snap your hands off for a draw, really can't shake the feeling of dread for this game haha

Has Russell Martin ever managed a side to anything other than mid table in his brief career? They looked poor in both matches against us last season but they also managed to get some good results,

On paper you would think their play out if defense pass to death football would be ideal for JDT’s high press and we should be able to punish them but it’s early days for our tactics so it could easily go wrong.  I fancy Big Ben to score at least one though, he had some good efforts last weekend.  

I was having a look through my wardrobe out in Spain recently. I came across a “ Philosophy Football “ tee shirt I bought years ago. It features a quote from John Paul Sartre- “ In Football Everything Is Complicated By The Presence Of The Opposite Team “.

Other choices are available also. Henrik Ibsen - “ If The Game Is Lost Your Earthly Life Is Wasted “.

Jaques Derrida - “ Beyond The Touchline There Is Nothing “.

Che Guevara - “ It’s Not Just A Simple Game, It’s A Weapon Of The Revolution “.

I think I’ll wear the Derrida one this afternoon to try and bring us some good luck.

• Like 3

Team news in

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering;                 

Travis Buckley

Hedges Szmodics Brereton Diaz 

Gallagher.

Subs: Pears, Phillips, Edun, Morton, Dolan, Dack, Vale.

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1