BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 3/9/22

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That makes sense now. I didn't remotely think it had crossed the line but I was very far away. I was fuming at the time and shouted some serious expletives...but if what you say is true then fair enough 

Me neither. I initially thought we’d got a free kick (I think everyone on the pitch did too!), but you’ll see on the highlights that it was well over the line. My confusion shifted to pure anger at our shit defending.

1 minute ago, had.e.nuff said:

I am starting to think opposition sides are starting to work out if you let us have the ball we will give it back after passing it around the back , and we will be out of position and open to counter attacks

exactly what the better sides are doing,easy meat for them as all 5 midfielders are way to advanced when the ball is lost leaving an almighty chasm to be exploited,jdt needs to shorten the pitch player wise or come up with another system,preferably id`e play with wingers at home and sit deep and counter away,keep the game simple,at the moment it`s a mish mash of nothingness

25 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

On another note, not sure where this post goes here we go.

I go blues bar pre-match after game, have done for last few seasons.

I noted beer prices had increased this season, but it is what is is, well I thought until today.

I ordered a jug of Dark fruit, and was told £19.20.  I little perplexed why it had increased by £1.20 since the last match. I checked the tariff chart, which is a legal requirement to be displayed in all establishments which serve alcohol and is also a legal requirement to the licencees licence for compliance.

Upon reading the tariff which had my total drinks price at £18, I challenged the bar manager, and reminded him of the legal requirements and asked for an explanation.

In fairness to him, straight he away he stated he knew it was Illegal, had challenged the club over this when they put the prices up today, without changing/displaying the new tariff. 

He immediately ripped down the 3 tariff posters down (baring in mind its a legal requirement to display this)

I was quite annoyed, that the prices had again increased, but also despite the non -compliancy which can end in a big fine, and sanctions, they felt it was okay to continue over-charging.

Above may look trivial, but everyone who has gone in a very busy blues bar today has been shortchanged.

Sounds to me like Swag’s latest get rich quick scheme. At some point he’s going to start trying to charge us all extra if we want to know the team prior to kick off. 

18 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Players I feel are not up to standard. Kaminski (distribution is woeful) Pickering (too slow) Carter(league 1) Travis(league 1) Gallagher(League 1) Vale(League 1) Rankin Costello(League 1) Edun (League 1). Get rid of that dead wood and upgrade them and see where we are then.

Vale conference 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Players I feel are not up to standard. Kaminski (distribution is woeful) Pickering (too slow) Carter(league 1) Travis(league 1) Gallagher(League 1) Vale(League 1) Rankin Costello(League 1) Edun (League 1). Get rid of that dead wood and upgrade them and see where we are then.

Very harsh on Kaminski, Gallagher and Travis.

• Like 7

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Next week will be massive. If we continue with the poor performances and get beat, it might provoke some of a mainly pissed up away end beyond the few moans and groans seen at Ewood. Not saying that there will be anything stupid like calls for the managers head, but a bit more vocal with natural frustration.

Agreed. Worrying thing is that there’s no way we get a result next week. It will be a much more difficult game to Blackpool. Although Wigan have a relatively poor squad, they have tough experience…Something we lack. See us leaking a lot of goals again.

• Like 1

Think we should all calm down. The time to judge the recruitment policy and the squad is not in July. It’s when the window shuts at the end of August. I’d rather we brought quality in rather than bodies for the sake of it.

Oh, hang on.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Sounds to me like Swag’s latest get rich quick scheme. At some point he’s going to start trying to charge us all extra if we want to know the team prior to kick off. 

Have spoken to someone tonight, who says its all by Sodexo, and the club just rent them the space.

They say its wrong they blamed the club, and advised me to contact the club with the complaint, but also the licencing and have given me their contact details as they work with them.

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, neophox said:

Were really missing Brittain, Wharton, Gally and Ayala. Travis should play in midfeld. So its 4-5 players missing.

If a fit defence is playing then we don't lose today no matter how crap we played. There's no way we'd have conceded three.

Though it's still worrying we haven't signed an experienced centre forward.

And Pickering is a massive weak link. In every match I've watched they've targetted that side.

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Have spoken to someone tonight, who says its all by Sodexo, and the club just rent them the space.

They say its wrong they blamed the club, and advised me to contact the club with the complaint, but also the licencing and have given me their contact details as they work with them.

I’m not sure I agree, mate! The club decides which provider to use, they’ve chosen Sodexo. They’ve waived their right to have any input and now their fans are being diddled and seemingly, other than complain, there’s nothing they can do to stop it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

Very harsh on Kaminski, Gallagher and Travis.

You have to question anyone saying these 3 are not good enough to play Championship football, my god so much to go at, these 3 not so much.

Whisper it quietly but we actually miss Gally.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not sure I agree, mate! The club decides which provider to use, they’ve chosen Sodexo. They’ve waived their right to have any input and now their fans are being diddled and seemingly, other than complain, there’s nothing they can do to stop it. 

Can't argue with any of that bud

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

I said off the pace from the first whistle to the last, which we were, you think everything in the garden is rosy right now, I question if your seat faces the pitch to be honest chaddy as the alarm bells are ringing loudly, why can't you hear them?

tumblr_otrq4qSAIv1v85w7qo6_500.gif

• Like 1

In fairness if you're drinking dark fruits you probably do sit down wees.

No on a serious note though, hospitality on any level is absolutely fucked.

There's no way on planet earth that these energy price rises cannot be passed off without price increases on drinks, food, the lot.

If it wasn't for Rovers I'd genuinely consider feckimg off elsewhere 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Come across both Sodexo and Compass (catering facilities management companies) on many occasions over the years.  Fair to say not a fan and based upon personal experiences would generally rate both in the 3 to 6 out of 10 range.  Tend to do better at the more prestigious events (Compass do Wimbledon).  IMO, given the nature of the beasts, unsurprisingly things go awry in venues like Rovers. 

• Like 1

Not an awful performance, but clearly lost that game in the midfield, in hindsight we needed either a back 3 or a holding midfielder today.

All the attackers looked pretty bright today, liked the look of Hirst.

Bar Travis the defence was pretty strong, nice to see Pickering playing well, not a backline that deserved to concede 3 today.

Left far too open on counter attacks, extra man back either in the midfield or defence would've done us the world of good.

At least we're creating a few decent chances finally! Onto Wigan.

25 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

It is all by Sodex which I know is a real bone of contention for many.

We have 3 bees brewery up the road, Hopstar in Darwen and plenty of independent food outlets locally. We are not using them because rubbish like Sodex are given the contract, it’s just another example of not giving a toss.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Not an awful performance, but clearly lost that game in the midfield, in hindsight we needed either a back 3 or a holding midfielder today.

All the attackers looked pretty bright today, liked the look of Hirst.

Bar Travis the defence was pretty strong, nice to see Pickering playing well, not a backline that deserved to concede 3 today.

Left far too open on counter attacks, extra man back either in the midfield or defence would've done us the world of good.

At least we're creating a few decent chances finally! Onto Wigan.

This isn’t quite being reflected in the MOTM voting - you should submit yours! 
https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/880803/blackburn-bristol-city?tab=voting

• Like 1

Just now, Gav said:

We have 3 bees brewery up the road, Hopstar in Darwen and plenty of independent food outlets locally. We are not using them because rubbish like Sodex are given the contract, it’s just another example of not giving a toss.

It’s the easy way out. Hit the number, outsource it, tick the box. No ingenuity at all. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Totally agree, was at the Black Bull before the game, really good atmosphere, the club should support local business, not even a bitter in the ground, appalling.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, booth said:

I'm convinced some people watched a different game, or took hallucinogenics before the match.

It was a terrible performance from all concerned, and 3-2 flattered.

not time to panic yet,we just need to tighten up,at the moment we are far to open to the counter attack,which is what bristol city did all game,jdt must know it surely