BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 3/9/22

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

We're going to have to go 3 at the back aren't we?

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not all the time, just against other teams that play 3 at the back.

That said looking at the fixture list for the next 6 games 5 of the teams play 3 at the back (only Cardiff go 4231).  So..... Yeah.

Or just resist playing two fairly light and inexperienced teenagers centre mid in front of a makeshift defence... 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

We're going to have to go 3 at the back aren't we?

Not convinced we have the wing backs for that.. 

Actually think we may have to go 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 

Our team is just not connected at present, the opposition seem to be consistently getting close to our defence, even against Blackpool this was the case 

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

JDT says that, that defeat was disappointing, I would say more along the lines of, that defeat was embarrasing. 

As their coach he's just not going to throw his players under the bus and use that word now is he.. Give him and the players some time. 

13 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

naive question. is the goal line technology installed in all EFL games as well as PL?

genuinely I don't know. 

Just in the Championship, not L1 and 2 apart, I think, from the playoffs

It's not cheap

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Players I feel are not up to standard. Kaminski (distribution is woeful) Pickering (too slow) Carter(league 1) Travis(league 1) Gallagher(League 1) Vale(League 1) Rankin Costello(League 1) Edun (League 1). Get rid of that dead wood and upgrade them and see where we are then.

Kaminski is a good championship keeper for me (albeit not perfect). Gallagher is useful if used correctly (through the middle in a front 2, not likely to happen soon) he's got a few goals in him at this level. Travis has been decent in cm let's not rewrite based on current form at right back. I think there's a player in Carter.

Pickering, edun, JRC, Vale agreed. None of them should be regularly getting game time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Kaminski is a good championship keeper for me (albeit not perfect). Gallagher is useful if used correctly (through the middle in a front 2, not likely to happen soon) he's got a few goals in him at this level. Travis has been decent in cm let's not rewrite based on current form at right back. I think there's a player in Carter.

Pickering, edun, JRC, Vale agreed. None of them should be regularly getting game time. 

That's a fair assessment I would say. We do have a few players who fall just a bit short of what is required at this level. 

Some of the criticism and comments on here towards some players is way overboard. 

• Like 1

Kaminski has had a shocker for the second, it’s mid height and right within arms length. Gut punch and half.

We got beat up, again today. So slow on and off the ball. 2-3 flatters us. 

Really don’t know what to think of JDT, we really need to stop getting battered from teams though. All the players are so inconsistent, Dolan done nothing for weeks, then boom best player on the park second half today, Hyan great game at Blackpool, all at sea today. Brereton sensational midweek, poor today. I could go on. Just feels like a nothing season which begs the question why we’ve kept Brereton. The players and manager need to start figuring out this, as the only thing consistent about us, is our inconsistency. 
4-2-3-1 works great sometimes and then other times we look so disjointed and the space we give teams is sensational. None of starting 11 today I would classify as quick, and at ewood we really struggle with speed. Wells has had another field day today as we couldn’t keep up. 
I think I will just accept mid table, development season and try to relax a bit more. This team isn’t pulling up any trees this year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They won't make the Playoffs.

They're a big, physical (which is never pulled up), organised side that has some pace upfront and is good at set pieces.

They hit us with two sucker-punches today - JDT will be disappointed with that.

Let's see. You agree with my premise that they have a bit about them. In a lot of ways they are the opposite of Rovers; big, settled, well drilled, with a proven manager. 

In a league where any one can beat anyone what Bristol City have is enviable.

9 hours ago, J*B said:

It’s the easy way out. Hit the number, outsource it, tick the box. No ingenuity at all. 

It's been the Blackburn Rovers way since 2010. Hard to blame the Venkys though, the local council have been doing it for decades via Capita too.

Whatever profits are made do not get recycled in the local community either, outsourcing is an easy way to provide services, but ultimately there's no upside to any of it. 

It's capitalism 2022 though, the modern British way. So, like it lump it basically. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Can have no complaints today, tactically out mastered by Pearson and Bristol out played us in every department.

Scoreline flattered us.

I'm still quite concerned about us tactically. We were good mid-week, but today were put right in our place.

I agree. However, considering the turmoil this summer then it's clear we need to what happens in the long term. JDT needs some time. I'd be a liar though if I said that I'm not worried after recent performances. 

We're struggling right now, but Travis is our heart so his move to right back is not something i like to see, Markanday has been scoring so where the f--- is he? and Dack looks dangerous but JDT doesn't seem to rate him. No idea why he took him and Hedges off today, we were only one down. Happy Dolan did well, but I'd have replaced him with Wharton who's only 18, after all.

It's either glass half full or glass half empty. Let's wait and see, I guess...

10 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Players I feel are not up to standard. Kaminski (distribution is woeful) Pickering (too slow) Carter(league 1) Travis(league 1) Gallagher(League 1) Vale(League 1) Rankin Costello(League 1) Edun (League 1). Get rid of that dead wood and upgrade them and see where we are then.

Overreaction here. Kaminski, Tavis and Gallagher are some of the better players in a side that sits sixth in the Championship.

We have our issues but let's not lose our heads completely here. 

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 3

Save for the first 45 seconds where Dack has his shot saved, we were second best for the next 94 minutes for me.

They completely ran rings around us and 3-2 flattered us. It was clear in the first 10 minutes that our shape wasn't working, why we didn't even bother to rectify it at half time I don't know.

Also the whole mentality of the team is so, so bad. If this side goes a goal behind you might aswell go home because they just aren't getting back into it. Would love to see our stats at getting points from losing positions recently, it can't be many.

Also, 5 injury time equalisers/winners in the last 5 years tells you everything you need to know.

There are still a lot of bad habits from the previous regime that need stamping out, which will take time.

I like JDT and want him to succeed as we all do, but 4 defeats in 5 and the manner of those 4 defeats is really concerning. Doesn't take much to tumble down the league at this level.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, BigBar said:

Just gonna say it, JDT isn't the answer, Ewood is rotten to the core and every now and then we get glimmers of hope. We are constantly swimming against the tide. The sqaud is not up to it, few injuries and we just collapse. Plugging gaps everywhere with players substandard in their own positions. Trying to get by on a shoestring. It's a joke and it's horrible to watch it season after season.

Less than 48 hours before this post you lambasted me for daring to question why our strikeforce won't tear up the divison... I quote "But hey look you just stick with the negative outlook on this one." 

Seems a bit hypocritical now doesn't it?

In fact, here was your original quote on Thursday.... "The ingredients are there, this division is shite, we really are a left back and a midfield general away from the Premier League imo. Top class keeper, solid centre halves now, talented but young midfield and a front line that can tear up this division." 

Gone from PL in waiting to absoutely not up to it and substandard in many positions, from Thursday night to Saturday afternoon 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Tricky said:

Or just resist playing two fairly light and inexperienced teenagers centre mid in front of a makeshift defence... 

We got dominated by Sheff Utd and Reading too, and edged out by Stoke, all who player three at the back.

It's not just us, 343 killing teams who play four at the back has been a common pattern in modern football since Conte introduced it with Chelsea a few years back. 

That's why more an more teams play it. I had a look through the formations everyone is playing in the championship and it's pretty stark reading. Out of 24 teams in the Championship only 9 have played four at the back as their most regular formation - Norwich, Burnley, QPR, West Brom, Hull, Wigan (though they changed to 343 recently, and they will stick with it when they play us I think after their uptick in results), Cardiff, Blackpool, Rovers.

A lot of people on this board really needs to get a grip. We have just changed most of our sporting setup after 5 years with the same manager. A lot of players just left and we got some new ones in. Ffs!!! People already saying JDT is out of his depth. Give the man some time ffs. Its not like we lost all of our games. We are currently in the playoff places. Support the manager,

• Like 8