BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Szmodics-Your thoughts?

No chance the Bhoys in Green pay 10million for him. Mentioned plenty of times my family are big Tim’s so follow them closely and the transfer strategy is to buy lots of young unknowns with the idea one will generate a big fee in years to come. It’s a constant point if discussion/falling out between the fan base and the board, bringing in big fees for Dembele, Edouard, Jota with little of note invested. Will be the same this summer when O’Riley and Kyogo are both likely to move on for fees upward of 15million. 

Doesn't matter what he's sold for not a single penny will be reinvested. 

Hopefully he gets a move to a Prem side and he smashes it. 

He's probably the only player on our books that deserves ank kind of respect. He's a class act and needs to get the fuck away from this shit show and go to a proper club.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andy said:

He's an ambitious lad; he won't be interested in playing the Scottish league if there's an opportunity to play in the Premier League.

I actually think the possibility of league titles and domestic cup wins (even if it’s in Scotland) plus the chance to play in the Champions League for the next couple of years, considering where he has been in his football journey, would be a huge motivator for that move.

Celtic don’t really have form for deploying the kind of money that I think makes the move worth it for us, but if their heart is set on it and a few English Premiership sides throw in cursory glances, they may have to.

Wouldn’t begrudge him the move at all. I cannot recall a game where I could question his work ethic or desire and he’s been excellent for us in his short time here.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

No chance the Bhoys in Green pay 10million for him. Mentioned plenty of times my family are big Tim’s so follow them closely and the transfer strategy is to buy lots of young unknowns with the idea one will generate a big fee in years to come. It’s a constant point if discussion/falling out between the fan base and the board, bringing in big fees for Dembele, Edouard, Jota with little of note invested. Will be the same this summer when O’Riley and Kyogo are both likely to move on for fees upward of 15million. 

Pretty sure we were interested in O'Riley before he went to Celtic.

• Like 1

If we are to lose Szmodic in the summer, we have plenty of replacements for his position, whether they will be as effective, is an unknown. For me those replacements would be one of Sigurdsson, Markanday, Dolan, or Gilsennan.

3 hours ago, rigger said:

If we are to lose Szmodic in the summer, we have plenty of replacements for his position, whether they will be as effective, is an unknown. For me those replacements would be one of Sigurdsson, Markanday, Dolan, or Gilsennan.

In that case then, we're completely fucked. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rigger said:

God help us.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rigger said:

Pretty much - they all want to play as a #10, but they're all behind Szmodics in the pecking order.

We need pace and physicality upfront next season - a CF and two quick wide players would make a world of difference. Obviously we won't get them under these owners. 

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 07:07, chaddyrovers said:

We were the better team and we deserved more than we got

Back on the official propaganda train again.  We lost AGAIN .. alls that matters. You only deserve to win if you score more goals 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Back on the official propaganda train again.  We lost AGAIN .. alls that matters. You only deserve to win if you score more goals 

No Abbey. 

It's about talking about the game, the good and bad thing. Given your opinions and stop with this official propaganda train shite. If you don't like my opinions don't read this or reply to me

Ifs that's the attitude why are you even on here for? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

No surprise that he is struggling without Wharton picking his runs out or creating for others. We don’t even have a striker for him to play off when Gally is unfit (which is every other game).

He must be miffed off with life at rovers and can see him moving early on in the summer window.

• Like 1

In a stellar season, one of the few personal critiques you could put to him is his only 4 assists. This seems low for a forward that comes from deep and can link up play. You expect low assists from a player like Adam Armstrong, who played high up the pitch for us - but he has managed 11 assists this season. I'm very sure this reflects the differences in the quality and form of the teams. In a better team, Szmodics is getting more assists, but I just wonder if he could do more in this regard, especially, his tendency to take the difficult shot at times. Perhaps, also, it's just not his game and, to be fair, he is almost a false 9, rather than a traditional AM.

Edited by riverholmes

10 hours ago, riverholmes said:

In a stellar season, one of the few personal critiques you could put to him is his only 4 assists. This seems low for a forward that comes from deep and can link up play. You expect low assists from a player like Adam Armstrong, who played high up the pitch for us - but he has managed 11 assists this season. I'm very sure this reflects the differences in the quality and form of the teams. In a better team, Szmodics is getting more assists, but I just wonder if he could do more in this regard, especially, his tendency to take the difficult shot at times. Perhaps, also, it's just not his game and, to be fair, he is almost a false 9, rather than a traditional AM.

Who has he got to pass to though?

• Like 2