BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Szmodics-Your thoughts?

Talk of him declaring for Hungry and not Ireland. Might explain his reticence to join up with the Irish squad on the last 2 call ups.

Best of luck to him I guess, though he would have been an asset to the Republic.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2024 at 17:07, nbdrovers said:

they best feed him some potatoes

Hope he isn’t starved of the ball on Monday, we could do with another hatrick. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news

I just watched his interview and you got to love this guy's energy and enthusiasm. He is so insightful and funny..he's light hearted and is a real joy to listen to..makes a really good point about the club too, the players would like a "Wrexham " or " man city " documentary because they don't know what's going on in the club either they just turn up train and play. He's a nice guy. Hope he stays for years to come. And keeps on scoring!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

the players would like a "Wrexham " or " man city " documentary because they don't know what's going on in the club either 

Probably for the best.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I cringe every time this thread come back to the top of the board..

I think if we are honest with ourselves, most of us (even those who were willing to give Szmodics time) thought that he was a strange signing when we had Dack, and that the money may have been better spent elsewhere.

Delighted to have been proven wrong on that

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

I think if we are honest with ourselves, most of us (even those who were willing to give Szmodics time) thought that he was a strange signing when we had Dack, and that the money may have been better spent elsewhere.

Delighted to have been proven wrong on that

I thought his technique wasn’t really up to playing consistently well at this level. He’s done really well, maybe JDT has worked on technique with him. He can certainly put the ball in the back in the net.

• Like 3

On 30/01/2024 at 10:14, BRFC4EVA said:

I cringe every time this thread come back to the top of the board..

Please start an underwhelmed and disappointed thread about each of the 5 signings in the January Window!

• Like 3

Can somebody in the BE tell me what happened with Sammie as he walked off towards the end of the game? From my seat in the Riverside he looked really frustrated and I've read that comments were exchanged? He seemed to be disappointed with the bench at first but then seemed fairly amicable with JDT when he got back to the dugout. It was a weird one.

He's obviously passionate and can easily show it, takes things personally, the way he walked off down the tunnel against Hudds was another one. 

I sit/stand toward the back of N05 and he looked to fairly angrily shout something at those stood in the bottom corner of N05. 

Dunno if he was pissed off/reacting to something as he’d wasted good crossing opportunity’s twice in succession and was rightly getting a bit of constructive criticism. 

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he is`nt injured,walked off the pitch on his own,seemed mighty p****d off though given the speed he walked though

I'd be too.

Think someone wrote that the situation where he got upset was that someone shouted to him from the stands to get up. Being our hardest working player and a bit of a hot-head, that didn't go down too well. Out of all our players he's the last player that should be criticised for the mess we're in. Fantastic season.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he is`nt injured,walked off the pitch on his own,seemed mighty p****d off though given the speed he walked though

Was defo a hamstring after we scored earlier

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As fans you just want "moments" to celebrate, things to go completely bonkers for  - will be forever thankful to Sammie for last night's goal, and the one against Sheff Utd in the FA Cup at Bramall Lane, good memories. The effort this lad puts in is unreal. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Will he bit fit for the next game?  Seemed to pull a hammy late in extra time

Wasn't a hammy, it looked to be a groin if anything. However, there's also talk that he simply took a bang to the bollocks and was adjusting himself. Let's hope it was the latter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...