BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Szmodics-Your thoughts?

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not good news for us. Even if he avoids injury, he needs a rest.

International call ups are rarely good news. A handy vehicle for managers to tap up players by remote control. “ I see you’re in the international squad for next weeks friendly, have a word with Szmodics will you, see if he fancies a move here next season”. 

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

International call ups are rarely good news. A handy vehicle for managers to tap up players by remote control. “ I see you’re in the international squad for next weeks friendly, have a word with Szmodics will you, see if he fancies a move here next season”. 

Cough, Colin Hednry, cough.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sammie is being sold whether or not he gets an international cap. The club will be pleased as it can add value.

Fire sale coming in a few months. But 1 get 1 free.

• Like 1

Good luck to him,ARTE ET LABORE...well earned.

Enjoy him while we can folks!

Today LET:

"It would be amazing to win the golden boot but I'd rather keep Blackburn in the league than win personal trophies. If I could swap some of those goals for points, I certainly would."

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 6

On 15/03/2024 at 10:15, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think anybody in the Prem would need to find out if he fancied a move there, and if we go down, nobody in the Championship would need to find that out either. Even if we stay up there will be plenty of Championship clubs that will clearly be a better bet for him. The club is also desperate enough to not need much pressure to sell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Screenshot_20240323-235904.png

Not singing the bloody anthem 🙂 

Seriously though, deployed left of a front three, doesn't suit him. And the penalty taken by hopelessly out of form Evan Fergusan rather than the redhot new guy??

Knowing our luck this clown (O'Shea) will get a result in the 2 friendlies and get the job full time. It will be Steve Staunton all over again.

Its not fun having Waggot and Venkys running you international team too.

Edited by Blow-in

12 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Seriously though, deployed left of a fron three, doesn'r suit him. And the penalty taken by hopelessly out of form Evan Fergusan rather than the redhot new guy??

Knowing our luck this clown (O'Shea) will get a result in the 2 friendlies and get the job full time. It will be Steve Staunton all over again.

Sammie made a good pass through that Ogebene should have got a shot on target.

Awful penalty.

Then Ogebene shot or scuffed wide when in a good position to get on target or find SS centrally.

Belgium the better outfit but Ireland the better chances.

Ref a bit inconsistent.

Edit: Almost!!

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Sammie playing very well, slotted in perfectly. Almost bagged one before half time. Praised by Mick McCarthy at half time saying he's really enjoyed watching him and he's been brilliant with and without the ball.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sammie made a good pass through that Ogebene should have got a shot on target.

Awful penalty.

Then Ogebene shot or scuffed wide when in a good position to get on target or find SS centrally.

Belgium the better outfit but Ireland the better chances.

Ref a bit inconsistent.

Edit: Almost!!

Ireland been the better outfit. Should be in front.

6 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Sammie playing very well, slotted in perfectly. Almost bagged one before half time. Praised by Mick McCarthy at half time saying he's really enjoyed watching him and he's been brilliant with and without the ball.

Should add a few quid to his transfer fee in the Summer 😁.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Seriously though, deployed left of a front three, doesn't suit him. And the penalty taken by hopelessly out of form Evan Fergusan rather than the redhot new guy??

Szmodics missed his penalties v Rotherham and in the Newcastle shootout.

• Like 2

Think Celtic would be a great move for him and i'd rather see him up there than at an ambitious Champ club or one in the Prem coming straight back down.

Bag full of goals for him playing for the best side in the pub league, Europe, better for his international career and huge fanbase to worship him.

We'd be needing 10 million though !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Already being linked with Celtic.

Would be a tremendous signing for them and a good move for Sammy. Can't see him making a PL player, especially at 28, so top flight Scotland is a safe step up. Don't know how much money they have, suspect it would take 10-12M to get him. 

• Like 2