BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Szmodics-Your thoughts?

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Would you pass to Gally so you could see him fall over the ball ? 

Exactly how many passes have just been wasted when the ball was received by Gally or worse Ennis or telalovic.

• 2 weeks later...

"Sam Szmodics scored his 30 goal of the campaign to become the first Rovers player since Alan Shearer to hit that landmark back in 1996. It could be the most important if Rovers go on to secure their league status"

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

On another point. - inspite of the press rumours linking him with Celtic, Luton, Brentford etc Sammi has  never slacked off for a minute. He’s always given 110%. Not like another recent striker we had when his head was turned.

Given his age and ongoing commitment,  I wouldn't begrudge him a Premiership move if it materialises. Not certain where it would leave Rovers - as we would have been relegated without him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Given his age and ongoing commitment,  I wouldn't begrudge him a Premiership move if it materialises. Not certain where it would leave Rovers - as we would have been relegated without him.

He’s earned the right to better himself. He’s been faultless this season in terms of skill and effort. He never “ downed tools “ at any time. Some of the first time finishes he’s put away have been terrific.

I’m not as pessimistic as some on here regarding replacing his goals if he goes. We can bring in other players in that role and maybe play in a way that doesn’t rely on one player staying fit for 50 games a season

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s earned the right to better himself. He’s been faultless this season in terms of skill and effort. He never “ downed tools “ at any time. Some of the first time finishes he’s put away have been terrific.

I’m not as pessimistic as some on here regarding replacing his goals if he goes. We can bring in other players in that role and maybe play in a way that doesn’t rely on one player staying fit for 50 games a season

We're not built around Szmodics scoring - like we were when Armstrong scored a lot of goals (he was allowed to be incredibly selfish) - it's just that he's the only bugger that knows where the back of the net is. 

• Downvote 1

On 10/06/2023 at 13:27, tomphil said:

I think there are more goals in this lad if we can get him running in on goal a bit more but trouble is in our system he does a lot of graft deep instead.

Could very well be a Paul Dickov type if he keeps up the desire, clearly loves being here so that's a plus.

I'll blow my own trumpet on this one 😉

• Like 6

Scoring that many goals and being top scorer in a side as bad as ours near the bottom against relegated players on the best teams in the league is an appalling decision. If sammie couldn’t win it, dewsbury hall has been the better of him or summerville. 

The fan engagement award made it better as it proves just what a load of bollox it all is

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, bboy said:

Actually more unbelievable is Blackburn won the fan engagement award 🤣

How tf have we won that? The only club in the country NOT to increase our attendances significantly post-Covid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

How tf have we won that? The only club in the country NOT to increase our attendances significantly post-Covid.

They had that emergency meeting with the fans after they'd once again deliberately sabotaged a major transfer in an attempt to once again deliberately relegate the club.

No other club did that.

• Like 1

One event covers up a multitude of sins.

We played Waggott, you fecking conman.

I can just imagine how this award is being sold to the owners.

Whose original initiative was this????

Edited by AllRoverAsia

8 hours ago, bboy said:

Actually more unbelievable is Blackburn won the fan engagement award 🤣

AYE , SCUM AINT SET IN EWOOD SINCE THEY FAN DOMMED THE QUEEN LET ALONE ENGAGE WITH FANS  AND AS FOR MAGGOT  WORDS FAIL ME.  BUNGSRUS

Get all that Mike, but reading the EFL press release that reads as if it was a pure club initiative (which to be fair isn’t the club’s fault), when in reality if left to the club there would’ve been no initiative at all.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Get all that Mike, but reading the EFL press release that reads as if it was a pure club initiative (which to be fair isn’t the club’s fault), when in reality if left to the club there would’ve been no initiative at all.

100% correct.  I could not agree with you more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

You asked the question.  The original initiative was from We Are The Rovers the Supporters Trust; it is clearly within our remit and aims to build and rebuild lost support.

We approached the Club who were supportive.  We were actively supported by formal supporters organisations such as Proud Rovers, the South Asian Supporters.  We also had the backing of a number of people from this messageboard including Ian Herbert who did some excellent work and his input cannot be underestimated.

It was, to reiterate, an award for a specific We Are The Rovers initiative involving other groups and a lot of decent folk from brfcs.com

I am proud of the award and hopefully it puts WATR in an even stronger position to influence the Club.

Thank you to everyone on this board, particularly Ian Herbert, 4000 Holes and Roverschat.  If I have missed anyone out I am happy to be chastised.

So you should be Mike 👍

Its easy to criticize from the comfort of an armchair, but we do have fans that give up precious time to try and make a difference, you should all be proud of your efforts. 

The title of the award is a little misleading though, I almost spat my brew out, not knowing the reason it had been awarded. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

Well done to WATR for winning the award. It's them that get the credit for a terrific initiative which showed the club the potential we have and gave lots of kids the chance to go. Hopefully there will be other initiatives in the future which can engage potential supporters.

Congratulations to Sammy Szmodics for his prestigious achievement. His road to this point was difficult and he has done the hard yards to get here. The silver lining in a season of clouds.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

You asked the question.  The original initiative was from We Are The Rovers the Supporters Trust; it is clearly within our remit and aims to build and rebuild lost support.

We approached the Club who were supportive.  We were actively supported by formal supporters organisations such as Proud Rovers, the South Asian Supporters.  We also had the backing of a number of people from this messageboard including Ian Herbert who did some excellent work and his input cannot be underestimated.

It was, to reiterate, an award for a specific We Are The Rovers initiative involving other groups and a lot of decent folk from brfcs.com

I am proud of the award and hopefully it puts WATR in an even stronger position to influence the Club.

Thank you to everyone on this board, particularly Ian Herbert, 4000 Holes and Roverschat.  If I have missed anyone out I am happy to be chastised.

Thank you for confirming what I understood from the time the event occured.

It is to be hoped that the CEO apportions the credit for the award to those who facilitated it.

I will await Waggott's announcement.

• Like 1