BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Szmodics-Your thoughts?

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The 3 clubs that get relegated from the PL will be in the frame for Sammie, looking to bounce back quickly, cash on hand and looking for a proven Championship scorer.

Imagine If he ends up at Burnley!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t think a single Rovers fan thinks he’ll be staying.

My worst fear is the owners get involved with the transfer, slap an unrealistic figure on him and refuse offers a la Diaz, thus scuppering a dream move for the lad who's give his all for the club and it all turns sour. We end up with a pissed off Sammie on our hands until January and another disrupted squad. 

5 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

My worst fear is the owners get involved with the transfer, slap an unrealistic figure on him and refuse offers a la Diaz, thus scuppering a dream move for the lad who's give his all for the club and it all turns sour. We end up with a pissed off Sammie on our hands until January and another disrupted squad. 

Those fools, due to their other shenanigans, still need cash into the club.

I'd hope we keep the fella. He clearly is good enough even around the poor quality we have. Get hedges fit and jrc a full pre season. Would be great to hold on to all those ones, even Dolan. 

10 hours ago, Groundhog said:

On the plus side, they meddle in the transfer, we don't get the money needed and we end up in administration. Happy days 🎉 🎉 🎉

• Downvote 1

Brentford may get silly money for Toney and want to spend it....Maybe a promoted play off team might come sniffing but Southampton had their fingers burnt with AA who didnt cut at Premership level .AW is going brill at Palace though..

13 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Confirms what I have suspected...

- JDT was a tactical master with extremely high standards. Certain way of playing. Speaks of him very highly - says he is the better manager. Some players hated it.

- Eustace is more of a 'players' manager, came in and gave them days off. Loves motivational videos and team talks. Players have it easier 100%

- Not exactly committing to the club, said would jump at a premier league move (and who could blame him)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trinidad Rover said:

- JDT was a tactical master with extremely high standards. Certain way of playing. Speaks of him very highly - says he is the better manager. Some players hated it.

- Eustace is more of a 'players' manager, came in and gave them days off. Loves motivational videos and team talks. Players have it easier 100%

- Not exactly committing to the club, said would jump at a premier league move (and who could blame him)

I've not watched the interview but saying he'd jump at a prem move sounds like a come and get me plea, probably his last/only chance of a move to a PL club.

The point about Eustace is a concern as these types of managers tend to start well and end badly, over a reasonably short period of time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I've not watched the interview but saying he'd jump at a prem move sounds like a come and get me plea, probably his last/only chance of a move to a PL club.

The point about Eustace is a concern as these types of managers tend to start well and end badly, over a reasonably short period of time.

If we are going into next season with a handful of magic beans as our war chest we could do a lot worse than Eustace. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 08/05/2024 at 14:29, AllRoverAsia said:

Ipswich quite a possible.

I was told , he would going there in January, it turned out to be Gallagher...Watch this space, I suspect they will make a bid .We  dont know , what went on behind the scenes in January..

Edited by Waggy76

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

What’s most interesting are Big Sam’s observations, ie calling JDT a coach not a manager and describing Eustace as pragmatic.

Even the praise given to  JDT by Szmodics is more from a coaching perspective.

The interview also confirms that JDT was stubborn and had no Plan B.

Just because Eustace gives them a couple of days of doesn’t make him a soft touch.

Szmodics confirms a mentality change when Eustace arrived, and in my view that is why we stayed up, (more clean sheets etc).

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

The day off segment was comical. Talk about being happy just plodding along in lower leagues. (Not Sammie but the fact he said certain players hated it)
“If you beat Sheffield Wednesday you’re off until Thursday and it was all the motivation we wanted” - then they turn up with that performance 😂

• Like 6

Enjoyed that podcast, he seems a down to earth bloke.

He’s right, we can’t begrudge him if a PL club comes in with a reasonable offer.

He pretty much confirms that JDT lost the dressing room and his man management wasn’t great, but tactically he was brilliant.

The squad are very complementary of Eustace and his methods. Let’s hope next season is more positive than last season and we’re further up the table.

• Like 2

Those who think negatively of the squad for being motivated by a reward of days off may be missing the context. JDT had them in 7 days a week, when you're losing, there's no way to break off from football and you get mental fatigue. Sam alludes to it in the interview. So after 18 months of that, and probably not enjoying the environment, it probably did motivate players or get them on side. In the Warnock interview he spoke of how Big Sam won them over with time off and nights out. When you're winning the players may grudgingly accept no days off but when the results don't come, it's easy to see why it gets toxic. 

• Like 5