BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) 01/10/2022

2 minutes ago, TonyM said:

No idea ...

Dolan I guess. Very odd move for me.  Doesn't have a lot of the key attributes for a WB - not strong in the tackle, in the air,.and someone who struggles positionally in an attacking sense let alone defensively.

Sort of similar (although obviously at a much higher quality level) to when England played Saka at wing back against italy last Friday. I suspect it will have similarly disappointing results.

I can only assume Brittain is not yet fully fit.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nyambe-Ayala-Wharton

Dolan-Travis-Morton-Pickering

Hedges

Gallagher-Brererton 

Maybe ?

Formation is the right one for me if Hedges plays more in midfield than up front, but Dolan a weird choice, and I worry that Ayala will mean we will leave a big gap between defence and midfield which is a problem for Morton and Travis as they will be expected to cover a lot of ground.

Also wouldn't be surprised if we actually play more of a 343 with Hedges pushed right up and BBD and Gallagher wide. Just think this will leave us uncompetitive in midfield as against Luton.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Don't understand exclusion of Brittain.

Three of our main summer signings on the bench (Brittain, Szmodics and Hirst).  Given article I saw this week which said we paid £1.8million up front for Szmodics, looks like a nice piece of business for the 'Posh' whilst let's not forget it's been stated Hirst was our number 1 striking target.  Also, disappointing Wharton not even on the bench - can't be short of game time given he's been away with England.

I thought Tony's tombola like and irrational selections were a thing of the past.  JDT needs a win today with that selection.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I like Dolan as a forward player so don't want to come across as against him in any way, but on top of his defensive frailties I mention above he also isn't much of a crosser either... I mean the main offensive role of the wing back is to whip it in... So peculiar.

Sam G may be in for a busy day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I'm really hoping to see more of Markanday.. not sure why he hasn't been given more of a chance.. has the one thing we haven't seen much of so far this season.. pace 

Also did well in the few carabao games also 

Not even made the squad nor playing for U21's, which is a bit odd. JDT just can't rate him at all.

I see RB continues to be a Rovers problem. Have Brittain back but sticks him on the bench in favour of Dolan? mental 🤷‍♂️

Edited by davulsukur

Dolan and Gallagher on the same flank? I fecking hope not or that side of the pitch is going to get pummeled.

Not a fan of this set up, it's like Mowbray is back in town.

No midfield, no width, nothing up front.

Edited by booth

1 minute ago, booth said:

Dolan and Gallagher on the same flank? I fecking hope not or that side of the pitch is going to get pummeled.

Gallaghers got his offensive issues but he's got to be one of the best defensive forwards in the Championship. Great at tackling back and clearing out the area at corners etc.

Though not really what you prioritise from a forward but hey...

Will be very funny on here if it turns out Sam's playing right wing back and Doalns up front....(don't think that will happen btw, or at least hope not!)

• Like 1

I wouldn't pick Dolan even for the bench ..... sorry just don't rate the lad.

Brittain not playing doesn't make sense .... he was our best player when he came on as a sub at Luton and he's the best footballer in the club

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Gallaghers got his offensive issues but he's got to be one of the best defensive forwards in the Championship. Great at tackling back and clearing out the area at corners etc.

Though not really what you prioritise from a forward but hey...

Will be very funny on here if it turns out Sam's playing right wing back and Doalns up front....(don't think that will happen btw, or at least hope not!)

If we're playing that formation, Gallagher should be in the middle, up top. Hedges should be the wide forward in place of Gallagher. Brittain should be where Dolan is.

It's bonkers that Dolan has gone from being the central front man to a wing back. Especially when you consider Brittain is on the bench.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1