BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (h) 08/10/2022

We see different games do we not?

First fifteen and we could have been 2-0 down. Their electrifying pace and sharp passing destroyed us. Thereafter, they somewhat passed themselves to death and didn’t deal with our quick counter-attacks. First goal penalty against the run of play took the wind out of their sails (why do defenders do that?), second goal ruined them –game over. They look like an exciting young team well coached buy not great defensively. Should have used their big striker more with early diagonals.

Travis is too slow and poor on the ball to play JDT’s one touch stuff. Ayala (cracking defender) got away with murder holding their striker. Gally did nothing much –perhaps come into his own when pitches get heavier. On that note, I’m fascinated to see how it goes in winter when pitches get less forgiving – can we keep up the tippy-tappy style preferred?

A win is a win. Mogadon was perhaps an even-keel. A JDT team bipolar? Mid table again but with a flush of optimism around as opposed to the gurning one?

• Like 3

What a nice win. Sounds like a really good performance all round, and good that our most expensive transfer (this time round) has been involved with the goals. Hopefully this will do him the world of good. 

For all our poor performances and faffing about at the back with it, we are also just as capable of a solid victory - and this was a strong victory. This (along with the other victories) should warrant JDT gets more time and patience with the dodge performances and results that are mixed in with them. 

Also worth noting it was much needed after a few poor results so stopping the rot was key too. Mind you good runs, bad runs or otherwise a 3-0 is always welcome!

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m astonished that Hedges is only fifth in the MOTM voting https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/880876/blackburn-rotherham?tab=voting

Thought he was superb today. 

He's becoming a utility player which makes it all the more baffling that TM didn't wanna use him. Unless he got caught balls deep in a lemon drizzle at half time I'm not sure why the last gaffer didn't rate him. POTS up to now for me.

• Like 5

Family weekend away so I didn’t make the game today. Just caught the highlights and it looks as they they made more of a game of it than the score lines suggests. The second goal was great. More of the same from Szmodics please! We can be good when we want. It really shouldn’t be that difficult to get a playoff spot, if things click and we can find a modicum of consistency there’s every chance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

One thing I have noticed is the lack of content on here following victories compared to defeats. Today for example we're only on page 16, at 9.30pm on a Saturday night; half of that was prior to the lineups being announced & most of it not too complimentary following on from the Cardiff loss. On Tuesday, by about midnight there were 30+ pages, mostly derogatory about the performance & comments that JDT isn't up to the task. I think that speaks volumes for the general tone on here being hyper critical, in that when we win folk find it hard to compliment (hence lack of posts) & say it just papers over cracks, yet when we lose they go overboard in their criticism & claim (for example) the selection was wrong, style is wrong, players are L1 standard at best, we'll still end up in a relegation scrap, bought cheap, waste of money, etc.

Is that not just because it was a midweek away game on TV versus today being a Saturday at home? I made about 10 posts on the Cardiff thread during the game, don’t do that when you’re watching at Ewood.

dont know if its be said on here but why was the defender not sent off for the penalty the laws states

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY (DOGSO)

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling,
pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

Edited by had.e.nuff
  • Like 3

The first 20 minutes was like watching paint dry. Then we scored a penalty and, lo and behold, we up our game.  Thereafter we play well getting better and better as the match went on. As Tyrone said, I want to see us be strong enough to come from behind. 

Everyone played well. Morton was better in the second half. Hedges was superb. All the rest played well. Special mention for Sam Gallagher who ran his socks off whilst probably going unnoticed to most. His work rate is unbelievable.

• Like 7