BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (h) 08/10/2022

25 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Apologies for anyone who’s mentioned it earlier but where is Markanday? Not even in the 21s? Is he injured???

He looked like he had all the raw ingredients to be a top attacker in this league prior to his injury... Really hope the guy doesn't go on to join the Jimmy Corbet, Jordan Slew, goodwillie gang 😔... Markanday seemed nice modest lad when he signed 

Delighted tonight. I was frustrated and thoroughly hacked off midweek, so over the moon to see this reaction. Very happy Rover! And especially happy for Szmodics - I have criticised him but performances like that will prover me wrong. Nothing beats a Saturday night after a win.

• Like 4

Nice win, some excellent performances, so nice to see Pickering back to his best, you can tell he really feels it. 

Might be a few tales coming out of the dressing room, Dack sulked off down the tunnel and it looked very much like Tomasson went after him. 

Whilst I was pretty worried until the penalty, once we got in front we played some good stuff and were pretty comfortable. I’m surprised they had lost so few before today after watching them, but even so it was a good confidence-boosting win all in. 

No one was an outstanding 9 or 10, but with everyone probably rating 7 with a few 8’s in there made us clearly the better team overall. 

Atmosphere was pretty flat from both sides.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Our Jekyll and Hyde season carried on today as we put the last three games to bed with a good performance in which the collective excelled rather than individuals. The marked difference today for me was the speed in which we passed the ball, the movement and intensity. I was surprised actually that Rotherham allowed us to play rather than smothering us in midfield and we took advantage of this and played forward more today than we have in the last three games combined. I thought the score reflected the game as we were better all over the pitch. The real challenge is stringing together similar performances and results over the next month.

Sat in front of us today were several Rovers supporting Dubliners who really enjoyed the game and the result after flying in today. If any of you post on here and read this I hope you enjoyed Blackburn and it's nightlife. I know you certainty enjoyed the game 😁😁.

Agree with this. We had a good game today but a bit like when we beat Blackpool there is a feeling Rotherham maybe helped us out a bit by standing off. 

Will watch Wigan with interest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Dack sulked off down the tunnel and it looked very much like Tomasson went after him. 

It's nothing new, he needs to fight for his place. There's still this obsession from a number of fans that he's still our best player and must start every game though which is quite sad. 

Edited by Tricky
  • Like 1

Seems JDT is still trying to get us to play his way... one thing I noticed today was that we were not playing from the back as we have done in the last three matches.....we were moving it more to Trav, Hedges and Morton and its more effective and the ball was moving around in a faster way... think JDT is still trying to find the formula.....being just three points of top spot isnt quite what everyone would had thought after 13 games at the beginning of the season...seems we are going for it everygame and are avoiding draws...

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

Good win today by the players. 

It was good first half to watch as Rotherham didn't sit in and look to attack us. They did have chances to score but didn't take them. I thought Rathbone and Ogbene were their best players on the day. Tyler Morton impressed all game with his passing, tackling, skill and won us the Penalty in the first half. He deserved to be man of the match today. Brereton Diaz took the penalty and scored it. I thought our tempo was far too slow and movement at time too static for my likely. 

Second half, we upped the tempo and played with better movement creating some chances with Szmodics missing a header but with all in fairness the ball was behind him. Gallagher should have been at the back post for tap in from BBD but instead he went looking for cut back. Szmodics made a very good run and produced a good ball in for BBD at the far post to tap it home. On the third, It was good weight ball by Dolan straight into Szmodics path and he slotted it in the goal. 

I am pleased with the overall performance. Szmodics had a good game as did Wharton, Hyam and Pickering. Hedges didn't play as right wing back but just keep roaming around the pitch. 

delighted with the 3 points today. Still 7th but the top 7 is only 3 points difference now 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Chuffed for Sammie! He had a good game as did everyone else. 

Apologies for anyone who’s mentioned it earlier but where is Markanday? Not even in the 21s? Is he injured???

Think Markanday might've been the 19th man today. He was out with the rest of the squad doing the warm ups & drills before the game.

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Seems JDT is still trying to get us to play his way... one thing I noticed todays was that we were not playing from the back as we have done in the last three matches.....we were moving it more to Trav, Hedges and Morton and its more effective... think JDT is still trying to find the formula.....being just three points of top spot isnt quite what everyone would had thought after 13 games at the beginning of the season...seems we are going for it everygame and are avoiding draws...

JDT is learning about the championship game by game. Yes, that was one of differences on the game, but our tempo was far too slow first half

2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

It's nothing new, he needs to fight for his place. There's still this obsession from a number of fans that he's still our best player and must start every game though which is quite sad. 

Dack has to fight for him just like everyone else. no one is guaranteed a place in this team and that including BBD. 

I don't know if he did sulk away but I did see him clapping the fans at the end of game was JDT who always come over to Blackburn End

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Seems JDT is still trying to get us to play his way... one thing I noticed today was that we were not playing from the back as we have done in the last three matches.....we were moving it more to Trav, Hedges and Morton and its more effective and the ball was moving around in a faster way... think JDT is still trying to find the formula.....being just three points of top spot isnt quite what everyone would had thought after 13 games at the beginning of the season...seems we are going for it everygame and are avoiding draws...

I got the impression that today was how he wants us to play from the back - more players were making more runs showing for the passes from the back three, and all three goals were moves featuring quick passes from defenders.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When we win a game were we come from behind will be the day I start to think promotion.

Sadly I don't think we'll be in contention for promotion. But neither were the likes of Farke or Corberan 1st season.

We'll be frustrated a lot this season, we'll also be elated. I hate the word transition but....

I don't think the Mowbray journey talk is comparable to JDT personally. There's some significant differences. One was a fella after his last big pay cheque, one is a youngish manager still learning the ropes looking to further establish an already good managerial career.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good win today by the players. 

It was good first half to watch as Rotherham didn't sit in and look to attack us. They did have chances to score but didn't take them. I thought Rathbone and Ogbene were their best players on the day. Tyler Morton impressed all game with his passing, tackling, skill and won us the Penalty in the first half. He deserved to be man of the match today. Brereton Diaz took the penalty and scored it. I thought our tempo was far too slow and movement at time too static for my likely. 

Second half, we upped the tempo and played with better movement creating some chances with Szmodics missing a header but with all in fairness the ball was behind him. Gallagher should have been at the back post for tap in from BBD but instead he went looking for cut back. Szmodics made a very good run and produced a good ball in for BBD at the far post to tap it home. On the third, It was good weight ball by Dolan straight into Szmodics path and he slotted it in the goal. 

I am pleased with the overall performance. Szmodics had a good game as did Wharton, Hyam and Pickering. Hedges didn't play as right wing back but just keep roaming around the pitch. 

delighted with the 3 points today. Still 7th but the top 7 is only 3 points difference now 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

The lad Rathbone is the son of “ Basil “ Rathbone who played left back for Rovers back in the day. There were rumours that Rovers were looking at him when he was at Rochdale as a possible Travis replacement.

Might not be a popular opinion, but I thought Szmodics was bloody awful until he got the assist. Running around a lot but achieving nothing. There were also a couple of other moments where his laziness resulted in us losing momentum in attack. I was actually raging at that point.

Cue 5 mins later & a great run & cross for BBD. After that he seemed a different player & was involved in everything. Unlucky with the header & a lovely goal.

Perhaps my coaching methods aren't that out of date, who'd've thought that calling someone a 'lazy c**t' in today's world would get such a positive reaction!😅

Anyway, I guess it shows what do I know! 

Great win, going for a shower & then off to the pub to celebrate.

Onwards & upwards!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The lad Rathbone is the son of “ Basil “ Rathbone who played left back for Rovers back in the day. There were rumours that Rovers were looking at him when he was at Rochdale as a possible Travis replacement.

Heard from a genuinely very reliable source that it was on the table at one point, when TM was in charge.

Club told him/his agent that we needed to move some bodies out and free up some salary before we could move, but in the end it never materialised.

Looked handy today, thought he did well for them - first half in particular.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

Heard from a genuinely very reliable source that it was on the table at one point, when TM was in charge.

Club told him/his agent that we needed to move some bodies out and free up some salary before we could move, but in the end it never materialised.

Looked handy today, thought he did well for them - first half in particular.

I saw him play several times when he was at Rochdale and I liked him. Hard working and quite good on the ball. He’s a bit blunt in front of goal though.

• Like 1