BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (h) 08/10/2022

34 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

well done Tyler. Much deserved

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Our huge reliance on Brereton continues, lets hope he doesn't miss any games as we need him, and I do worry when we unnecessarily lose him for free how far we will be set back with no money to replace him.

who says we won't have money to spend to replace and how do you they aren't already line up players for next summer to replace with? 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

A couple of new signings had by far their best game in a Rovers shirt. Morton was very good and I hope he continues in the same vein and Szmodics whilst doing little aside from his goal and assist gave us something very crucial in contributing to goals which our attackers aside from Brereton struggle to do, the cross for Brereton was particularly stand out.

Szmodics worked his socks off and never stop running. He pressed from the front which is what JDT wants

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Szmodics worked his socks off and never stop running. He pressed from the front which is what JDT wants

Szmosics had a good game and the team played well, but there was no high press.

• Like 2

On 08/10/2022 at 12:50, J*B said:

I’ve always said Rovers should ask BRFCS for access to our data. I’ve attached the last 90 days worth of activity… people are losing interest, fast. 

FEFFE75D-FF16-4915-8AF6-B1FD7A00B6C2.jpeg

On 08/10/2022 at 14:11, pick32 said:

Hope Rotherham crunch szmodics early doors 

People don’t want to come to the website to read shit like this every week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

People don’t want to come to the website to read shit like this every week. 

Ironically the data shows if we don’t moderate anything and turn on his into a negativity filled bitch fest more people turn up! 

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

Ironically the data shows if we don’t moderate anything and turn on his into a negativity filled bitch fest more people turn up! 

Of course, I understand why you don’t remove posts calling for our players to be injured. You’re a media outlet. Misery and nastiness sells. 

No need to pile doom on gloom though by deliberately misrepresenting “interest in the team” stats that obviously overlap with a transfer window ending. It’s depressing enough to read how everyone is shit and the managers is wank etc 

Interest/participation in this site and it’s content is not the same as interest in the football club imo.

17 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Of course, I understand why you don’t remove posts calling for our players to be injured. You’re a media outlet. Misery and nastiness sells. 

No need to pile doom on gloom though by deliberately misrepresenting “interest in the team” stats that obviously overlap with a transfer window ending. It’s depressing enough to read how everyone is shit and the managers is wank etc 

Interest/participation in this site and it’s content is not the same as interest in the football club imo.

That’s just the point though, we do hide a significant amount of misery and nastiness. The easiest way to money out of this would be to let the misery and nastiness take over! I’m not sure if you remember the forum before we took over, where there was a non-existent moderation team and owners that where sick of the stress? It was chaos!

I look at the stats weekly and whilst you’re absolutely right, the end of the transfer window, international week and the death of the Queen have all played a big effect, the drop of visitors we’ve seen is like no other period that I can remember and is down on last year at this time, for example. 

It won’t surprise you to hear I also disagree on the last point. Whilst BRFCS only represents a small % of the fan base, there’s a clear and direct link between the interest here and the feeling on here and the stadium. I’ve attached the home attendances which I would say backs this up - remember there was a rail strike for Watford. 

69871C41-00E7-4245-99B3-01250778E371.jpeg

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Ordinarily, I’d have hidden the post calling for SS to get injured, but, I wasn’t really on here much yesterday and plenty of posters replied to it and called it out for what it was, so that saved me a job really!

• Like 1

A really interesting fact from yesterday was that there were no offsides in the game. I'm not totally sure what to read into that but certainly both teams defended deeper than we normally see with the high line defence that seems to be in vogue currently.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

A really interesting fact from yesterday was that there were no offsides in the game. I'm not totally sure what to read into that but certainly both teams defended deeper than we normally see with the high line defence that seems to be in vogue currently.

Ayala had a really interesting role yesterday, he basically played as a 90s AC Milan sweeper. No idea where he got that from. 

• Like 3

DavidMailstightPerm

Oh, no doubt about Travis’s ability as the water carrier and certainly needed. Just that, at least twice on Saturday, receiving the ball with his back to play, he was too slow and conceded possession which could have cost us. Tippy tappy ain’t really his thing.

Oslo

Read carefully. First fifteen. We were destroyed by pace – at least twice – which they should have scored from. And every knowledgeable fan in the ground around me knew it.

Once we got the pen, all us really and certainly after the second, game over.

On another note, it was generally, a good natured game with few fouls. Definitely a lot of holding going on from both sides though. Ayala is a master.

If we're honest we were lucky yesterday. The scoreline hides the true story which is that Rotherham should have scored at least 2 goals in the first 15 minutes or so. They carved us up easily with one chance again being caused by silly, sloppy passing at the back, and it was only good fortune that enabled us to survive. Good win in the end with 2 smart goals but it could easily have gone the other way

On 08/10/2022 at 17:45, Mr. E said:

The see-saw continues...we got a goal in and we look so solid...the opposite and we are thinking about the next game...gotta keep trying.

Lowest attendance of season though?

Yes, attendances are a concern.

Our confidence and loyalty is paper thin after last season's debacle, and some of the performances this season. 

Our home form is actually very good, and the atmosphere is positive and often joyous.

We need the 1000 floating fans to return, but only results will do that.

I really enjoyed yesterday, from start to finish.

Now for Wigan....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Yes, attendances are a concern.

Our confidence and loyalty is paper thin after last season's debacle, and some of the performances this season. 

Our home form is actually very good, and the atmosphere is positive and often joyous.

Now for Wigan....

I think pricing is the key but the club ballsed it up again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think pricing is the key but the club ballsed it up again.

Pricing across the board is an absolute disaster. Season tickets, match day tickets, corporate tickets. It’s all 20% too much. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, garnersfags said:

Now for Wigan....

5 league wins in 7 games this season and we are 7th in league. JDT is producing results at home. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

A load of ST holders around me swerved it, felt more like a night game on that score.

well, around me every season ticket holder was there and some old faces who come with others ST holders. But the Rotherham game was one that didn't excite many fans

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Pricing across the board is an absolute disaster. Season tickets, match day tickets, corporate tickets. It’s all 20% too much. 

I would love to see the assumptions and metrics behind Rovers' pricing (I'll stop short of calling it a strategy) - I suspect there are none other than a discarded fag packet!

Managing your pricing strategy is a key way for any organisation, whether it be in manufacturing. retail, service or entertainment,  to improve it's bottom line.

Sadly, in the Ewood corridors of executive management, I think there are only vacuous and nous free zones. 

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I would love to see the assumptions and metrics behind Rovers' pricing (I'll stop short of calling it a strategy) - I suspect there are none other than a discarded fag packet!

Managing your pricing strategy is a key way for any organisation, whether it be in manufacturing. retail, service or entertainment,  to improve it's bottom line.

Sadly, in the Ewood corridors of executive management, I think there are only vacuous and nous free zones. 

Get yourself a meeting with Waggott to talk about it