BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Worst Match You’ve Ever Seen…

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

League Cup quarter-final away to Cardiff in 2011 under Kean. Players look disinterested from the kickoff and we lost easily. Kean admitted afterwards he'd thrown the match to "concentrate on the league". We were 2 games from Wembley. I spent over £250 tickets on tickets, travel and food and I might as well have chucked the money down the drain. Two very disillusioned kids as well. An email to the club to complain about the manager's comments and the lack of effort went unanswered. I swore never again.....

That rat actually dropped players for that game Jim, ‘to focus on the league’

Crooked bastard.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Our 2-0 defeat under Kean against Spurs where we had no shots immediately comes to mind.

Fulham destroying us 7-0 at Ewood was obviously embarrassing. 

Emotionally for me probably the 1-0 defeat against Wigan which officially confirmed our relegation in 2012. That night almost felt apocalyptic for the club. Don't think I've ever felt so utterly depressed and heartbroken over Rovers as immediately following that match. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gav said:

That rat actually dropped players for that game Jim, ‘to focus on the league’

Crooked bastard.

The word he used was 'forfeited'. I wrote to the FA and Football League and was told the words were taken out of context. I wrote back and simply asked how. No reply to that.

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The word he used was 'forfeited'. I wrote to the FA and Football League and was told the words were taken out of context. I wrote back and simply asked how. No reply to that.

Disgusting Tony, I’m getting wound up just thinking about it, Jim is spot on above, I need a drink.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Rovers v West Ham 2006 maybe 07 I think it was.

The game was fixed. Absolutely no doubt about it. 

The one at home where “Lucash” got abused all game, Tevez dived for a penalty and Zamora actually blocked the ball going in but Assistant gave it for their winner? Was in 2007?

One of the worst refereeing performances I’ve seen at Ewood. Up there for most aggrieved I’ve felt after a game.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

The one at home where “Lucash” got abused all game, Tevez dived for a penalty and Zamora actually blocked the ball going in but Assistant gave it for their winner? Was in 2007?

One of the worst refereeing performances I’ve seen at Ewood. Up there for most aggrieved I’ve felt after a game.

It was Tevez that blocked the shot wasn’t it ?

• Like 1

• Backroom

2006, Sheff Utd v Rovers. Birthday weekend with some neutral friends, VIP booked at Gatecrasher Leeds after.

Promising team sheet- Friedel, Bentley, Tugay, Gamst, Benni McCarthy etc.

We were all hyped, even taught them the Shabani Nonda song.

One of the poorest 0-0 draws I've ever endured. Absolute garbage. 

That, and the 7-1 at Old Trafford under Big Sam are the worst live matches I've suffered. Mainly cos I was in the home end and got laughed out the stadium by the 100 or so people around us once my "pals" announced me as a Rovers supporter. 

1 hour ago, DE. said: 

Emotionally for me probably the 1-0 defeat against Wigan which officially confirmed our relegation in 2012. That night almost felt apocalyptic for the club. Don't think I've ever felt so utterly depressed and heartbroken over Rovers as immediately following that match. 

If it’s any conciliation I was the first one over the fence at the final whistle, anger doesn’t even begin to explain how I and many others felt that night, it had been building all season. 

If I’d have gotten to that **** that night….

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

If it’s any conciliation I was the first one over the fence at the final whistle, anger doesn’t even begin to explain how I and many others felt that night, it had been building all season. 

If I’d have gotten to that **** that night….

What summed that game up for me was when we got a free kick in a decent position in injury time.  Everybody came up for it. It had to be put in the mixer. MGP was taking it so there was a chance of that happening. Instead he went for glory and put the ball in row Z. Unbelievable.

14 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I think any of the games that season before Souness arrived could be a strong contender 

The game before Kiddo got the black spot from Jack. QPR at home. We’d played terribly and we were losing 1-0 and chasing the game with a couple of minutes to go. They launched a long ball down the LH channel, Christian “ Bloody “ Dailly set off after it with a QPR player bringing up the rear. It was a really greasy pitch and the ball was quite near the touchline. I know time was going by but the only thing to do was put the ball out for a throw. Did he do that ? No, he tried turning blind with the ball. The QPR player just took the ball off him and crossed it to an un-marked striker who slotted it home. 2-0, thanks for coming.

Early on in the only bit of skill I can remember Matty had beat two or three QPR players by the sideline, looked up, and put the most perfect floated pass right onto Ashley Ward’s right foot. He was un-marked 6 or 7 yards out and he side footed the pass about halfway up the Darwen End stand. 

As we were coming off I said to my son, “ One good thing, Kiddo will be gone before we play again “. And he was,

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

At home to Millwall in the cup under Appleton and absolute travesty of an 'effort' on live tv in what should have been a do or die kind of game.  The crowd was paltry but people knew exactly what was coming which says a lot.

Numerous games under Kidd and Kean, one being when Peacock and McAteer literally ran into each other leaving a Liverpool player a free run on goal.  Think we lost 1-4 but it should have been 0-8 it just summed up how bad we'd become at that point.

Away at Brum a few seasons ago under Mowbray a more disinterested weak effort you are never more likely to see it made Cardiff away look positive.

Probably quite a few later in Don Mckays tenure but we were really down to the bare bones so as hard as it was it was understandable.  You can swallow it when you know we are actually a poor side from a decimated squad but some of the no shows we've had in recent times are hard to stomach.

I remember that one very well, both teams had somehow decided they were playing a superior opponent and blindly launched the ball towards the opposing penalty area whenever they had it under control for more than 2 seconds. Still the game was somehow deadly slow.

Outside of Rovers, Sweden played Turkey in their second game of the Euro 2000 group stages, and since both teams had lost their first games they would effectively be out of the tournament if they lost this one, but still stood a chance if they drew. Naturally, both teams went for the draw, and it was truly dire.  

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

That's the one. I haven't had a season ticket since that season. 

The match was fixed and West Ham were rewarded for fielding ineligible players. Corruption doesn't even begin to describe it. 

I'm sure there have been some absolute shockers over the last 12 years but I haven’t been to a match since the appointment of that bald piece of shit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toogs said:

THAT game vs spurs away when Kean was manager we needed to win to give us any chance of staying in the prem. No shots on (or off) target. 

As smelly as it gets. 

Yeah that was bad. Really bad.

Pretty sure he subbed off the only striker we had on the pitch as well and even the commentators questioned what the hell he was doing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was Tevez that blocked the shot wasn’t it ?

12 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

And Lee Bowyer committed a foul in the run up to that even happening. I’ve never been as angry at a goal as that one. So many things wrong with it it was farcical.  Reffed by Howard Webb, no.1 ref in the world at that time apparently.

13 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Could be wrong but it seemed to me that Tevez  was offside, he punched the ball and it didn’t cross the line, but the goal stood, turns out he was also ineligible to play, nothing dodgy about that then. 

• Like 5