BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) 18/10/2022

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

I think TM's recent comments have sullied his reputation here for those who were supportive of him during his tenure. It's fair enough to change your mind on the back of those comments & particularly on his admission that he actively encouraged a respected senior member of staff to take a "bigger" job elsewhere.

I appreciate TM for what he did in reversing the decline & helping bring some semblance of normality to the club. For that reason, he won't be getting any boos or claps from me. We've moved on, his presence ought really to be an irrelevance, it's just about a very valuable 3 points like any other match.

And going top of the league with a win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e rather play damien hirst tbh

Well I remember being told how can I say Vale is better than Hirst when we signed him bla bla bla. I would rather let one of our own from the U23s run around doing nothing, than wasting money/wage on a signing that's doing nothing to warrant a place ahead of Dack, Markanday etc. 

18 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Hows that George Hirst lad doing? 

I watched Hirst for the U21s on Saturday. He was awful. A quote that summed him up was, that he looked like an out of his depth trialist. Has Hirst had a serious injury in a past tackle, because he shys out of every challenge ?  

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think Dack should come in as we need to play 3 in the centre midfield and control the game. So, it's either Buckley or Garrett to replace Travis in the team. I also don't subscribe to this notion that Garrett should play cos our midfield would be too inexperience. If you are in form and then you play for me. I'm not even sure Dack will be bench this game.   

Inexperienced? Like Adam Wharton or Ash Phillips? C'mon Chaddy, if we willing to play the ineffective Hirst, we might as well play the inexperienced Garrett 

• Like 2

Just now, rigger said:

I watched Hirst for the U21s on Saturday. He was awful. A quote that summed him up was, that he looked like an out of his depth trialist. 

Im not going to say I told everybody so, but I'm going to do just that. When I said Vale is better, well, I'll stick to that, even though Vale hasn't done much either. But at least we wouldn't have wasted money on an ineffective signing. 

There is no reason, why Markanday at the very least, isn't playing ahead of Hirst. Hirst shouldn't be starting games either. 

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

Im not going to say I told everybody so, but I'm going to do just that. When I said Vale is better, well, I'll stick to that, even though Vale hasn't done much either. But at least we wouldn't have wasted money on an ineffective signing. 

There is no reason, why Markanday at the very least, isn't playing ahead of Hirst. Hirst shouldn't be starting games either. 

At the moment Markanday is not much better than Hirst, but he has a goal in him. So something to work with.

• Like 2

—————— Kaminski ——————

— Carter——— Hyam ——— Wharton —

Brittain ———————————— Pickering

——— Morton - Dack - Wharton ———

——— Gallagher —— Brereton ———

Dack in for suspended Travis but as a midfielder and just control the game with that middle 3 as we should at home. 
Remember we had Morton and Wharton in the middle together for (what I believe) was our best performance this season away to Blackpool (Travis was RB)

Could argue we don’t need 3 at the back given Sunderland’s lack of striker but we seem most solid with 3 at the back and 3 in midfield so I’d stick with that.

I think JDT will fiddle with formation and style again unfortunately and squeeze Hedges and Szmodics back in. 

HUGE opportunity in the build up to dingles away:

Sunderland (H), Birmingham (H), Hull (A), Coventry (A), Huddersfield (H).

Arguably 5 bottom half teams come season end, certainly no top 6 challengers in there really. 

Edited by superniko
Ayala still out injured
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, superniko said:

—————— Kaminski ——————

— Ayala ——— Hyam ——— Wharton —

Brittain ———————————— Pickering

——— Morton - Dack - Wharton ———

——— Gallagher —— Brereton ———

Dack in for suspended Travis but as a midfielder and just control the game with that middle 3 as we should at home 
If Ayala is still out then I’d like to see Carter rather than Phillips.

Remember we he Morton and Wharton in the middle together for (what I believe) was our best performance this season away to Blackpool (Travis was RB)

Could argue we don’t need 3 at the back given Sunderland’s lack of striker but we seem most solid with 3 at the back and 3 in midfield so I’d stick with that.

I think JDT will fiddle with formation and style again unfortunately and squeeze Hedges and Szmodics back in. 

HUGE opportunity in the build up to dingles away:

Sunderland (H), Birmingham (H), Hull (A), Coventry (A), Huddersfield (H).

Arguably 5 bottom half teams come season end, certainly no top 6 challengers in there really. 

They scored two goals yesterday wether they have a striker or not. It’ll probably suit Mowbray because he liked playing with false strikers in the first place. I wouldn’t under estimate Sunderland.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I think TM's recent comments have sullied his reputation here for those who were supportive of him during his tenure. It's fair enough to change your mind on the back of those comments & particularly on his admission that he actively encouraged a respected senior member of staff to take a "bigger" job elsewhere.

His comments about advising Harvey to leave Rovers are unforgivable for me. Plus a number of other things that we have found since he left the club. 

3 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I appreciate TM for what he did in reversing the decline & helping bring some semblance of normality to the club. For that reason, he won't be getting any boos or claps from me. We've moved on, his presence ought really to be an irrelevance, it's just about a very valuable 3 points like any other match.

exactly, Mowbray rebuild the club and bought some normailty to the club after Coyle spell here. The league 1 promotion was enjoyable but Mowbray stayed 18 months too long. He should have been sacked after the Barnsley away game on the 18th February 2021 but he wasn't. I posted the day after that game it was time for him to go. Here is the link to the post https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2174568

Edited by chaddyrovers

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

No need for any booing of Mowbray that would be classless but no need for a heroes reception either just concentrate on backing the team. Best way to make any statement is do that and get the win don't give him opportunity for any barbed digs.

This 👆🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Markanday isn't a number 9 striker like Hirst and I won't write Hirst off like many others have. I believe there is a player in Hirst and if you look at last season for Hirst, he started off slowly than he improved and scored 15 goals in the season

45 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Inexperienced? Like Adam Wharton or Ash Phillips? C'mon Chaddy, if we willing to play the ineffective Hirst, we might as well play the inexperienced Garrett 

Sorry my point was Garrett should play regardless of his inexperience and being young if he is next in line to player. It shouldn't be an excuse 

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

His comments about advising Harvey to leave Rovers are unforgivable for me. Plus a number of other things that we have found since he left the club. 

exactly, Mowbray rebuild the club and bought some normailty to the club after Coyle spell here. The league 1 promotion was enjoyable but Mowbray stayed 18 months too long. He should have been sacked after the Barnsley away game on the 16th February 2021 but he wasn't. I posted the day after that game it was time for him to go. 

It's down to Tony Mowbrays era, we have talented youngsters from the academy now playing in the 1st team. I say a round of applause for Tony, but concentrate on Rovers taking the points afterwards.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

This 👆🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I remember standing next to you at Coventry away last year, as we held on for dear life after Wharton put us ahead with 8 minutes left to send us into the playoffs. I said “I know what happens next here and it’s not good”. They equalised in the 98th minute and that was the end of the playoff dream. 

I’m putting it on record, I know what happens next here too. 1-3 Sunderland. The WLWLWLWLWL continues. 

I hope he gets a very loud feck off.

IMO, we owe him absolutely nothing.  I think Rovers rescued him from the scrap heap and handsomely swelled his pension fund.

Humbleness and integrity are not words I associate with dinosaurial Mowbray.

I hope we feckin spank them 5-0.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

It's down to Tony Mowbrays era, we have talented youngsters from the academy now playing in the 1st team. I say a round of applause for Tony, but concentrate on Rovers taking the points afterwards.

I would say we have talented youngsters from the academy cos of the owners continuing to fund it and keeping Cat 1 status plus the staff we have employed over the years. 

This is Blackburn Rovers vs Sunderland not Mowbray. He got his applause last season after the final home game. We moved on, he moved on. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, J*B said:

I remember standing next to you at Coventry away last year, as we held on for dear life after Wharton put us ahead with 8 minutes left to send us into the playoffs. I said “I know what happens next here and it’s not good”. They equalised in the 98th minute and that was the end of the playoff dream. 

I’m putting it on record, I know what happens next here too. 1-3 Sunderland. The WLWLWLWLWL continues. 

First draw of the season…😉

I think we will beat Sunderland and beat or draw with brum before going on a losing streak til the World Cup break leaving us all in the same are we a good side improving or a bad side riding our luck. I think four games after the World Cup is the time to really judge and start to expect better and at least see shoots of what he promised , a little consistency or bare minimum good exciting performances. That’s when I expect to see a game plan, relatively settled team and games that create chances and a goal threat. I don’t expect miracles but by then i expect to see progress in his style of play and shoots of exciting football regardless of results with a relatively settled 11 and bench. 
Until then I really hope we stuff Sunderland and can get something from the dingle game .

COYB

• Like 1

@BigBar

He publicly admitted convincing Stuart Harvey, part of the Rovers recruitment team, to leave Rovers and join Sunderland. This was whilst both Mowbray and Harvey were working for Rovers. He also likened Rovers to a little car and Sunderland to a big tanker. He will never get a good reception from me. His disrespectful comments over the years call for a 6-0 stuffing on Tuesday.

"I liked working with him at Blackburn, we had an amazing time, but when the opportunity came around, I spoke to him and likened it to this huge big tanker is going to come flying past your little car. Sunderland can be anything, can't it?

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-exit-mowbray-sunderland-24993905

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I hope he gets a very loud feck off.

IMO, we owe him absolutely nothing.  I think Rovers rescued him from the scrap heap and handsomely swelled his pension fund.

Humbleness and integrity are not words I associate with dinosaurial Mowbray.

I hope we feckin spank them 5-0.

Perfectly put

41 minutes ago, BigBar said:

What has Tony said since leaving that has upset a few on here. I have missed it completely so please share...

He admitted he actively persuaded a member of staff to leave rovers to join Sunderland while he was here. Hes an odious oik. Hope he gets the sack from the Sunderland job

• Like 1

I couldn’t stand the bloke why he managed us. I would of just ignored him Tuesday as another manager who used the media for his benefit and not knowing the full extent of what’s going on behind closed doors but since he’s left he’s really got up my nose. I won’t boo Lenihan, nyambe or even Rothwell but if the chance arises he will get booed off me

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

This.

I can't make Tuesday due to work commitments, but he'd get a brief applause pre-game from me, in recognition of the good things he did for us (and there were some big ones).

However, hopefully he'll be serenaded with a 'Tony, what's the score' by the end of the 90 minutes.

We're a point off top and playing a newly promoted side; it's a game we must win.

• Like 2