BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) 18/10/2022

The return of Tony Mowbray!!

What sort of reception will he get and what sort of reception will you give him?

Adoration? Proposals of marriage? A mild applause? Boos? Whistles? Attempts on his life? Or just a mere shrug of the shoulders?

I'm going to be optimistic and say we'll break our win-loss cycle with an emphatic 4-0 victory.

And c'mon JDT, let's see Dack in the first 11. He's first rate and you know it.

• Like 1

Tough game again but which Sunderland will turn up?

Roberts is the danger so Harry P will have to be up for it Boro targeted him in the second half with Jones’s speed! 
No time for booing like the turds who booed Lenihan and who couldn’t even say his name right😅😅

1-0

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

A big following to be expected from Sunderland so should be a good Atmosphere.

Same team but with Buckley or Garrett to replace Travis.

1-1

Yeah Id defo say Garrett for Travis. And maybe put Carter in for Phillips.

Do think putting Mola on the bench and giving him 30 mins at LWB will be interesting.

• Like 5

• J*B pinned this topic
50 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

1-1

I’ll do Buckley, but tell him he’ll be hooked after 30 minutes if he’s playing with his half-arsed Pirlo playing Sunday league attitude. There’s a player there, but he’s at risk of stagnation. 

• Like 1

Gallagher absolutely must start centrally. This will completely baffle Mowbray who will hopefully have been telling his left back it’s his job to mark him.

The silly sequence stops here I reckon. Comfortable three points. As for Mowbray, it’ll be complete indifference from me. It’s not like his name needs reading out like a player, and he’s no reason to parade himself on the pitch, so along with his usual habit of sitting on the bench looking bored he should be pretty easy to ignore.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

1-1

From Buckleys performance on Saturday I would say he has no chance. Some of his passing was superb, but he also looked tired and dis-interested.

Edited by rigger

Sunderland have swapped between a 4-2-3-1 and a 3-4-3 this season under TM. Hard to place what they'll do at Ewood. I think Tony will respect our home form and come to be solid. I'd probably stick with the 3/5 back and adjust if we need to. Especially given Travis is out.

Kaminski

Brittain
Carter
Hyam
S. Wharton
Pickering

Morton
Garrett
A. Wharton

Brereton Díaz
Gallagher

Really like Buckley, but I can't see him starting him. Would be nice to see Garrett given a chance and we need someone to provide the bite with no Travis.

If I had to say there’s been a difference in TM’s and jdt’s Rovers, under jdt we haven’t conceded in added time. That was a big issue under Tony, as we regularly gave the opposition a gift in 90+3 or after. 

Rovers currently 5th on the table, and Sunderland 9th. Tony appears to have given some mid table stability to Sund, while jdt appears to have Rovers poised to make a serious playoff run (at last!) 

Rovers have 5 wins and two loses at home. Rovers have three clean sheets, and have scored 12 goals, while conceding six. On the negative side, our two losses at Ewood have been to Stoke & BristolC, no explanation for those. 

This game may be closer than we want to think, but Rovers need to win home games vs clubs lower on the table, if we are to be a serious playoff contending team. 

Travis’ loss not devastating, if a young player steps up, it should be negligible. I will say 2-1, good guys. 

• Like 3