BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) 18/10/2022

The main question is who replaces Travis. I think Phillips should he replaced by Carter, who I think is ready and has played well when called upon, Phillips doesn't look fully able to justify a starting spot plus has struggled with fitness in back to back games thus far. 

For Travis replacement, I think most would agree that he's likely to stick with the 3-5-2 which gave us better control in midfield especially first half on Saturday.

Options:

Garrett - most like for like in terms of style, looks good for the under 23s. However is untested and would make for an incredibly young midfield trio.

Dack - needs a run of games and this is the available slot. Could be a good attacking option, morton to sit deep dack to give more support to the front 2. Problem would be that he doesn't really have the legs for it.

Buckley - better suited to a 3 man midfield than a 2. Looks really out of form though.

Hedges - Mr versatility, unlucky to be dropped In the first place. Neat and tidy, works hard but he's not played there for us before. Would be my guess as to who JDT picks.

Edun - energy and mobility. Which you need with a touch that bad. 

Rankin costello- would be the sadomastic choice.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

The main question is who replaces Travis. I think Phillips should he replaced by Carter, who I think is ready and has played well when called upon, Phillips doesn't look fully able to justify a starting spot plus has struggled with fitness in back to back games thus far. 

For Travis replacement, I think most would agree that he's likely to stick with the 3-5-2 which gave us better control in midfield especially first half on Saturday.

Options:

Garrett - most like for like in terms of style, looks good for the under 23s. However is untested and would make for an incredibly young midfield trio.

Dack - needs a run of games and this is the available slot. Could be a good attacking option, morton to sit deep dack to give more support to the front 2. Problem would be that he doesn't really have the legs for it.

Buckley - better suited to a 3 man midfield than a 2. Looks really out of form though.

Hedges - Mr versatility, unlucky to be dropped In the first place. Neat and tidy, works hard but he's not played there for us before. Would be my guess as to who JDT picks.

Mola can play CM, I believe? Seems to be out of the first team picture of late but if he's the more defensive minded CM, could allow Wharton/Morton/Dack (whoever) more licence to get forward more.

• Like 2

We shouldn't just swap Travis for Garrett or similar, we are at home to a side with no strikers, we can afford to have more than 2 attacking players.

Assuming that we are sticking with the back 3, I would bring in Dack for Travis (play him behind Gallagher and Brereton) and Carter for Phillips who isn't ready.

Kaminski

Carter Hyam Wharton

Brittain Morton Wharton Pickering

Dack

Gallagher Brereton

• Like 2

Sunderland were in league 1 last season and recently have won one in four i think scoring only a couple of goals (classic TM).

In classic TM fashion also they are probably due a barnstorming performance and away win so please lets just have a go at them non of this poncing around.  It would be nice to whallop someone at home again and this would be a good statement in the countdown to Turd Moor.

• Like 1

I don't think Dack should come in as we need to play 3 in the centre midfield and control the game. So, it's either Buckley or Garrett to replace Travis in the team. I also don't subscribe to this notion that Garrett should play cos our midfield would be too inexperience. If you are in form and then you play for me. I'm not even sure Dack will be bench this game.   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think Dack should come in as we need to play 3 in the centre midfield and control the game. So, it's either Buckley or Garrett to replace Travis in the team. I also don't subscribe to this notion that Garrett should play cos our midfield would be too inexperience. If you are in form and then you play for me. I'm not even sure Dack will be bench this game.   

You dont think we should play Dack because you dont think JDT will. 

He is our best player - you play him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Options:

And Mola.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me in a central three I think Dack will be fine. It's not the ultra pressing false nine role, it more about linking up with the other two and getting a foot in. Dack can do that.

I'd swap Travis for Garrett for the physical element, but if say Adam Wharton became unavailable for some reason I think Dack would be fine to slot in there.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

You used to adore him

I think TM's recent comments have sullied his reputation here for those who were supportive of him during his tenure. It's fair enough to change your mind on the back of those comments & particularly on his admission that he actively encouraged a respected senior member of staff to take a "bigger" job elsewhere.

I appreciate TM for what he did in reversing the decline & helping bring some semblance of normality to the club. For that reason, he won't be getting any boos or claps from me. We've moved on, his presence ought really to be an irrelevance, it's just about a very valuable 3 points like any other match.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

I wouldn't boo Mowbray but i also wouldn't clap him after some of the shit he's come out with since he's left the club,anyway here is where the W-L thing ends

2-0 to Rovers

You mean some of the shit he came out with whilst manager at Rovers, right?

He always ran us down as a club.

• Like 1

Sunderland have no strikers, they’re playing 3 attacking midfielders across the front at the moment. Needs to be a 3-4-3 or a 3-4-1-2, can’t be playing 5 at the back when they offer so little threat. 

Kaminski

Hyam Phillips Wharton

Brittain Morton Buckley Pickering 

Dack 

Brereton Gallagher 

Would be my team, but I suspect he will start Carter ahead of Phillips, put Hedges central midfield and Szmodics instead of Dack, like…

Kaminski

Carter Hyam Wharton 

Brittain Morton Hedges Pickering 

Gallagher Szmodics Brereton. 

4 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Options:

Why is everybody afraid to let the likes of Vale, Garrett, or any of the U/23s play, when we are happy to let this George Hirst run around doing nothing? Dack, Markanday etc can't get a game ahead of Hirst? 

• Like 1