BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) 18/10/2022

9 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

Main striker out? Who is ol' Tone going  to play as right wing back now!

Obviously not the right back as he is planning to deploy him as the false nine in another move straight out of the Pep playbook! 😀

My fear is that he may play his players in their correct positions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But we scored only two, and one of those chances fell to Brittain who isn't someone who scores goals and indeed failed to put away a very presentable opportunity. The squad is not balanced well to play 532 and it would put into further question the money spent on Szmodics if we played a formation that didn't include a position for him

But created some very good chances. That is important here to what I was saying. 

I agree isn't set up for 5-3-2 but we have options to play 3 different formations now and I think today game we need to control midfield to win the game. I still prefer us to play 4-2-3-1 myself 

Their strikers are out and they are saying they like TM using two wide forwards and a false night to cover for this.

Think they better get used to it.

Wouldn't be surprised if he puts one over us tonight though he gets a few good counter attacking systems churning out the odd good result away from from home. 

Just never liked doing it often enough here.

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

Bigger Tombola than the last fella!
I just don’t get it (I’ll wait for the pelters when we go top 2 tonight)

Edit: Surely our midfield isn’t going to be overrun by Corry bloody Evans 

How so?

Again sticking to a formation that has worked - the only real question mark being Hedges ahead of Mola / Edun at LWB, but I guess he thinks we'll be on the front foot tonight so wants a ball player there.

Hmmmmm not convinced by that team at all but still should be getting the win. JDT still a massive concern for me. No consistency at all either in team selection, team performance or results. 

This "look at the table" stuff is nonsense it's a weak league and a very fragile position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

Can someone explain how this squad is ever going to get any consistency when we mess around with formations and personnel this much?

I can't even make sense of why some of these changes have even been made.

Well he's dropped Wharton and Phillips because they're young players who who he doesn't think can play 90 minutes at this level yet - especially not 3 days after the last match.

Travis is suspended and Pickering is injured.

• Like 2

Apart from Sammie playing ahead of A Wharton, this is pretty much the team I would have picked tonight (Pickering being injured might be a blessing).

I agree that no Dack in the squad is daft, unless he’s injured. 

Garrett and Morton should run rings round Corry Evans.

3-1 to the Rovers 💙🤍❤️

• Like 1

• Backroom

Is it perhaps a lifestyle thing with Dack.

Is he still doing the TV stuff with his missus? Maybe JDT doesn't approve.

I don't get it. The style of play/pressing argument doesn't sell to me, because even if that was true, you still keep a player like Dack on the bench just to chuck on if desperate in the last 10 mins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Pickering being injured might be a blessing.

Really?

Second half of Boro aside, he's been one of our best players over the last couple of months.

Seems to have got up to speed and he's been playing well.

• Like 2

JDTs methods don't point to a man who is figuring things out and showing signs of promise, they look to me like a man who hasn't a clue and is plucking teams out of thin area. The ultimate Russian roulette way of going about things. Bizarre.

Lads in the team, then out the squad, then on the bench, then with the under 21s, then starting, then subbed off. Play one game, miss the next. Play up front, play right back. Get a grip of yourself. I'm all for a bit of creativity and thinking outside the box but this is getting worse!

• Like 2