BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) 18/10/2022

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

How many positions is Hedges going to play this season? Why is Dack not even making the bench? I would have kept Wharton in the midfield instead of bringing in Smozzie. 

Thats why you are typing and JDT is the manager.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silas said:

Is it perhaps a lifestyle thing with Dack.

Is he still doing the TV stuff with his missus? Maybe JDT doesn't approve.

I don't get it. The style of play/pressing argument doesn't sell to me, because even if that was true, you still keep a player like Dack on the bench just to chuck on if desperate in the last 10 mins.

Wasn't he also "liking" posts about the manager not starting him?

Edited by CD_93

Memories of making a special trip to Ewood on Boxing Day (2001) to see us play Sunderland. Almost had to beg the ticket office for one of the last few seats......saw us lose 0-3, and we were torn apart by Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillips.

Hoping for much better tonight ... 

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

Is it perhaps a lifestyle thing with Dack.

Is he still doing the TV stuff with his missus? Maybe JDT doesn't approve.

I don't get it. The style of play/pressing argument doesn't sell to me, because even if that was true, you still keep a player like Dack on the bench just to chuck on if desperate in the last 10 mins.

I don’t know what it is, but it can’t be a football thing IMO. He’s not had a chance on the pitch to show whether he can or can’t do what is required. When he’s played for the reserves he’s played well. When he’s played in the first team he’s always had an impact. 

• Like 5

I hope Dack is injured. Because is this is JDT trying some show of power against a club legend who is bursting to play. Then he needs to give his head a wobble. 

Management is all about dealing with egos and personalities. Trying to mug off Dack is just poor form. Guarantee TM is delighted to see no Dack on the teamsheet

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t know what it is, but it can’t be a football thing IMO. He’s not had a chance on the pitch to show whether he can or can’t do what is required. When he’s played for the reserves he’s played well. When he’s played in the first team he’s always had an impact. 

I think with the way his mrs likes any tweet that questions the manager not picking him etc suggests to me he’s sulking being out the side and instead of getting his head down he may have decided he wants to leave. Toys out the pram, if he doesn’t want to stay and fight for his place then fair enough, he’ll move on in jan and always be remembered fondly. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Andy said:

Really?

Second half of Boro aside, he's been one of our best players over the last couple of months.

Seems to have got up to speed and he's been playing well.

From an attacking point of view. We are at home so hopefully Hedges can help in that regard. Not a criticism of HP (which you seem to have taken it for)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How so?

Again sticking to a formation that has worked - the only real question mark being Hedges ahead of Mola / Edun at LWB, but I guess he thinks we'll be on the front foot tonight so wants a ball player there.

What do you mean “How so?” It’s self-explanatory isn’t it. I said he changes the team week to week more than the last manager (in the wording Tombola). He’s made 4 changes here. I hope you’re right and he hasn’t reverted to 343 again though. 

5 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

I hope Dack is injured. Because is this is JDT trying some show of power against a club legend who is bursting to play. Then he needs to give his head a wobble. 

Management is all about dealing with egos and personalities. Trying to mug off Dack is just poor form. Guarantee TM is delighted to see no Dack on the teamsheet

Media saying they’ve had it confirmed he isn’t injured. 

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

Wasn't he also "liking" posts about the manager not starting him?

His Mrs was I think.

Would JDT really know what goes on in social media. 

In other news, Google doesn't know who Garrett is so just has just left his man nameless in the lineups. 

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

From an attacking point of view. We are at home so hopefully Hedges can help in that regard. Not a criticism of HP (which you seem to have taken it for)

Fair point, and I did - he's had plenty of criticism, but he's been pretty consistently good for a number of weeks now.

Does look like it's Hedges tonight, so if he has that 'free' role again, it could be an extra body in attack.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Butty said:

I think with the way his mrs likes any tweet that questions the manager not picking him etc suggests to me he’s sulking being out the side and instead of getting his head down he may have decided he wants to leave. Toys out the pram, if he doesn’t want to stay and fight for his place then fair enough, he’ll move on in jan and always be remembered fondly. 

I reckon JDT has said he’s probably not in his plans. Listening to a lot of players on undr the cosh, this happens a lot and sometimes senior pros get frozen out because managers don’t like their egos sometimes without even getting to know them. Not saying this has happened but I’ve heard about it a lot on that podcast

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah shes even commenting now. Calling it a circus. Forcing him out arent they?

I know players are never bigger then the club but il find it very hard to get behind JDT if this is the case with dack, he's been such a brilliant player for us and when ever he features always seems to add something for us

• Like 4