BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

26 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Well I’ve just tried to find if that is true that it is illegal to display a rainbow flag in Qatar without success .

However there are plenty of reports from December 2020 along the lines of this - FIFA and Qatar says rainbow flags allowed in 2022 World Cup

FIFA have properly caved in since then.

I think FIFA have their own RAINBOW montage, the Qataris just haven't joined the dots yet, hardly surprising for a Medieval society

Screenshot_20221124-223132.png

19 minutes ago, Mike E said:

In fairness, they seem to be trying to step in on fans' behalf.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qatar-lgbt-laws-fifa-rainbow-28558303.amp

I can't find any reference to the law myself (now doubting myself), but I was certain I had read that rainbows were a banned pattern to the extent that children's toys were being taken away by police and destroyed.

The only thing I found was it is against the law to ‘encourage other people to commit illegal acts’, and there were worries that displaying a rainbow flag would fall under that law …. which is pretty flakey.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, renrag said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the onfield referees are not keeping time in this tournament, I have a feeling, with the amount of time added, that either the fourth officials or VAR have been given the responsibility.

You could be right Jack. Normally when something as radical as this happens there is a warning given. Perhaps they have kept it quiet because strictly speaking in Law the referee is the sole arbiter of time. To change this it would require IFAB to come up with the amendment when they convene in the Summer.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You could be right Jack. Normally when something as radical as this happens there is a warning given. Perhaps they have kept it quiet because strictly speaking in Law the referee is the sole arbiter of time. To change this it would require IFAB to come up with the amendment when they convene in the Summer.

According to Pier Luigi Collina there has been an instruction to more accurately account for stoppages, building on what was done in Russia in 2018.
Apparently the fourth official calculates the amount of time to add on, although the on pitch referee has to finally approve it. Time lost for VAR rulings is calculated separately by the VAR team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, only2garners said:

According to Pier Luigi Collina there has been an instruction to more accurately account for stoppages, building on what was done in Russia in 2018.
Apparently the fourth official calculates the amount of time to add on, although the on pitch referee has to finally approve it. Time lost for VAR rulings is calculated separately by the VAR team.

Would it be possible to show a breakdown of the time? I’m not quite getting where they are getting the extra. It could be from anywhere, the ball is out of play for 30% of games generally? Maybe let’s just play for 2 hours, but then what about the stoppages in stoppage time? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Keep hearing people saying "nothing to fear from team A/B/C".

I hope for your other halves sakes you're not as premature in the bedroom 🤣

Teams are settling in and acclimatising in their first games, far too soon to be writing teams off.

Not to mention that the teams being written off can be unplayable if it all clicks. I am enjoying some of the underdogs getting a bit of success. Was hoping Ghana would get something today. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Keep hearing people saying "nothing to fear from team A/B/C".

I hope for your other halves sakes you're not as premature in the bedroom 🤣

Teams are settling in and acclimatising in their first games, far too soon to be writing teams off.

Tournament football is different, you can be crap for 8 games and win the trophy. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Would it be possible to show a breakdown of the time? I’m not quite getting where they are getting the extra. It could be from anywhere, the ball is out of play for 30% of games generally? Maybe let’s just play for 2 hours, but then what about the stoppages in stoppage time? 

One thing that was quoted was the time that goal celebrations take.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

It’s only a matter of time before we have a system similar to rugby where the clock stops when the ball is not in play. Not scientific but I bet you wouldn't need to set it at more than 70 minutes to get a 90 minute match. 

If passing back and forth across the back-line was included as dead time, we'd never get home!

• Like 1